Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer's Over

Hayden jumping off the high dive at the awesome city pool, June 2008

Wow.......I can't believe that this is the last day of summer and then school starts tomorrow.
Me on the boat, July 2008

I usually get the end of summer blues because to me it represents that my children are a year older. Since I have been a little girl, I get sad when something is over. I really wish I didn't get this way, but I do. It's not too bad, more of an irritant that I can't just go through life enjoying every day instead of getting sad about the end of things.

Mackenzie and Brittany at the Walton family reunion, August 2008

There are lots of wonderful things to look forward to this fall including our son's wedding!!!

Grayson and Rachelle holding hands while jumping off a cliff, August 2008

I absolutely love fall with the beautiful colors and wonderful smells. I also love all the activities of fall like football and getting pumpkins. I must admit that I do like getting back in a routine after being laid back in the summer.

Eric watching the kids swim from the boat, August 2008

I feel a little like I was ripped off because the summer went so fast, but when I looked through all my pictures from June, July and August, I realized we did quite a bit and we did have a fun summer.

Cameron getting back in the boat after tubing, August 2008

This summer was one full of home projects, lots of parties and celebrations and lots of company. It was a weird summer because it was the first summer with both of our older boys moved out. Also, Cameron, our second son, was traveling and gone for almost the entire summer. Unfortunately, we did not do any camping and that makes me sad, but with every one's busy schedules, we just never had weekend to go. We will have to make this happen next summer!

A summer sunset from our yard, June 2008

Well, the sun is setting on the summer of 2008. I hope that all of you have a great day and have a good week. I am still trying to catch up on my blog with all our summer activities and will be sharing those posts this week and next. Tomorrow I will be showing you my Marionberry cobbler and sharing the recipe.

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Fondly, Sharon

8 comments:

Kathi said...

Hi Shar, I am going through the blues thing major major, because I will not be home-schooling anymore. It's an identity thing. It's something I must just get through. I am going to allow myself a day for crying, then I will pick, pray, trust God, and move forward to all the good things ahead.

I think one of the highlights for us was visiting you. We did have a good summer filled with fun and activity. I love you. Kathi

Cottage Contessa said...

Good morning sweetie! It looks like all of you had an absolutely magical summer together. What an awesome family you have! Gorgeous photo's too! Wishing you a wonderful day dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm sorry you're feeling blue. Let yourself feel the sadness of letting go, and then you'll be able to move forward with fall. One you get wrapped up in your fall activities and the wedding, I'm sure you'll be fine. Remember, to everything there is a season.

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I know what you mean about feeling a little sad at endings, I experience that also. But, like you said we have Fall to look forward to and all the wonderful things that go along with it. I can't wait to see your fall decorations when the time comes. You always inspire me to try and make my home cozy and inviting!
Love, Velvia

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Sharon I know how you feel about the summer going by so fast. Mine did too. I found a cute sign that said "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I have to remind myself that. Have a great day. Pam

Kelly said...

You guys had an awesome summer!!! And great photos and memories to prove it! And thank you for sharing it all with us! I look forward to your recipe tomorrow!

((hugs))
kelly

linda said...

You had a busy busy summer of 2008! I enjoyed sharing this summer with you and thank you for sharing your highlights with us.

I can't get over how beautiful the lakes are in your part of the country!

Jan Parrish said...

What a great post to encapsulate your summer. I feel like summer just slipped away all of the sudden.

Love the photo of Rachelle and Grayson jumping off a cliff. That is very symbolic of my life right now, so many new and different things happening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...