Monday, September 15, 2008

Please pray for my hubby this week

This is my wonderful, handsome, hard working husband, Eric. He is a timber faller. He cuts trees down for a living.
These pictures are a few years old. My father took them one day when he and my son, Cameron, went to work with Eric.
He must have been telling them to get back in this picture.
Eric is an excellent faller. He has been a timber faller for almost 25 years. He is very good at what he does and he is well respected by his peers. He is a hard worker and has an excellent work ethic. I am so proud of him.
His work is extremely dangerous. I had to get over my fear about his safety on the job many years ago. It was making me crazy. I remember distinctly after I had Cameron (who is now over 22) that I was so worried for Eric that I could hardly sleep. I finally just gave all my fears to the Lord and realized that God is in control and He will protect Eric.
I pray over him every morning and all throughout the day. I claim that verse over him that is found in Psalms 91:11-12

For He will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, that you do not strike
your foot against a stone.


This passage really comforts me.

Here is a picture of him getting a big huge tree down with the help of hydraulic jacks. This is so dangerous, it scares me, but Eric knows what he is doing and the Lord has always protected him.
There she goes.........TIMBER! Actually, Eric told me that they never yell "Timber"!
Here's Eric and Cameron next to the felled tree.
I am so proud of my hard working husband. He has always worked so hard for our family and has provided a good life for us.

I have a special prayer request. I would like to ask that all of you ladies out there lift my husband up in prayer over the next few days while he is working. He doesn't tell me very often the details about his job because he knows it worries me, so when he does share something with me, I know it is really dangerous and I need to be praying. He told me that today and over the next few days he has to fall trees that are right next to the huge Bonneville power lines. I am so worried about him, but I know he is smart, safe and capable and he will not do anything that will put his life in jeopardy. He already told the property owner that he will assess the situation and do everything that he can do, but there will probably be certain trees that he will not cut.

Please pray for his safety and that he will NOT hit a power line. Also, if he hits a power line, even if it doesn't hurt him, he could be fined if it turns off power to the many residents in Oregon.

Thank you in advance for your faithful prayers. May God richly bless you!

I wanted to show you that Eric made the cover of a logging supply catalog! I am so proud of him! Also, have you heard of that show on the history channel called AxMen? Well, the producers of that show contacted the owner of the company that Eric cuts for, but they declined because they like to keep a low profile. It would have been so neat to see my husband on that show, but it wasn't meant to be. I love my husband so much and am so proud of my husband!


“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him." I John 5:14-15

With many thanks, Sharon

20 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

I will pray, of course. xo rachel

Mardell said...

Wow Sharon ~ Eric certainly has a risky job. I know how proud you are of him! I will certainly keep him in my prayers this week. Also for Grayson & his knee.

PS: My son went to school with a kid who's name is "Tim Burr." If someone saw him in the hall they'd yell, "Tim Berrrrr!" LOL (He had a good sense of humor about it...but what were his parents thinking when they named him that?) ha ha

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so glad Eric does share with you in those times where his job is extremely dangerous. I will be praying. I was in tears reading it. I'm so thankful the way the Lord has protected him and all our husbands over the years. Stacey's job is not dangerous, but I'm thankful he has been kept safe on business trips and driving. Also, that Ralph has been safe while working with electricity. God is so good. Eric works so hard and we are all proud of him. Hugs, Kathi

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm so glad Eric does share with you in those times where his job is extremely dangerous. I will be praying. I was in tears reading it. I'm so thankful the way the Lord has protected him and all our husbands over the years. Stacey's job is not dangerous, but I'm thankful he has been kept safe on business trips and driving. Also, that Ralph has been safe while working with electricity. God is so good. Eric works so hard and we are all proud of him. Hugs, Kathi

D'Rae said...

I will be saying a prayer this week as well!

Connie said...

Of course I'll pray for him, sweetpea! That's a tough job but it takes real men to do it. Be comforted with the prayers going out for you.......
Smooches,
Connie

Michelle said...

Oh yes, I'll be praying for Eric. That IS pretty neat how he made the cover of that catalog! It always touches me to read how much you & your sister Kathi love your husbands...I LOVE that you guys are all so happy! It's so refreshing to hear that instead of about the miserable marriages so many people are in these days. You're very inspiring :)

Judy said...

I most definitely will say a prayer and keep Eric in my prayers. Our family only knows too well the dangers of Erics job.

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Hi Sharon...not too long ago I saw a show on this very same line of work and the dangers involved. You and yours will be in my prayers...hugs, Linda

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell,

Thank you so much for your prayers. You are so kind and thoughtful. That's a funny story about Tim Burr! My same thoughts...what were the parents thinking!

Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, I enjoyed the pictures of Eric in the woods, maybe some time I can do that again. we will be praying for him especially the next few days. The Lord has protected Eric all of these years and He still will.
I feel for Grayson, it's tough to work so hard and still lose, I know that him and the team will get over it and work even harder to win the next game. We are praying that his injury will heal quickly
I love you.
Dad

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Sharon,
My family has been in the timber industry forever in southern Oregon. My dad used to have timber crews that cut logs for Weyehaeuser for years. My middle brother loads logs. It is just what they do. My niece worked for the USFS this summer as a firefighter. She was on a couple of fires in Gold Beach area and took some amazing pictures and then put them to music. Go to youtube and look at northwest timber fallers. (Bonanza) It is very cool. I will pray for your husband. Have a great day. Pam

Sharon said...

Thank you so much to all of you for praying for Eric. He got home safely today. He said it was stressful. He still has tommorrow and possibly Wednesday, please continue your prayers.

Thank you sisters!

Love, Sharon

luvmy4sons said...

I am sorry I am late to this. We had a power outage..trees down etc... from the remnants of Ike.

Jesus,

Please continue to guard and protect this lovely husband while he provides for his family. Keep him from injury and harm while he works. Help Sharon to rest in the knowledge that You love her husband even more than she does and all is well in Your capable hands. Amen

Kelly said...

Definitely lifting Eric (and you!) up in prayer! I worry for Ed every time he flies on a business trip, and the only thing is to pray about it. You're so right about that!

P.S. Congrats about the cover!! Neat!

Joyfull said...

I loved reading about your husband's work. Our family is also blessed with a hard worker and I tend to struggle with fear over his safety. But like you, I have found that prayer is so vital and our Lord is always awake and alert and can cover him with safety. Prayed for Eric today, may this job pass safely and he continue along with renewed strength.

~~Deby said...

Will continue to pray for Eric...yes..we watch the show..it sure is a rough job....
Deby

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Sorry this is late. We've had tech issues.

Saying a prayer for protection for Eric.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
I will definitly pray for Eric, and continue to keep him there. My husband also has a dangerous job at times, and it keeps me awake.

Looks like we will be near your town in the next week or so for a funeral. Shawns Cousin passed away. Would love to stop by and say hello on the way home if that is possible, and introduce you to my fabulous family and meet your fabulous family.

Jocelyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...