Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No more Sunny days

This is our kitty, Sunny. This is when she was a tiny little kitten back in 2001.
This is my son, Mackenzie, when he was 17. Sunny is his cat and he loved her so much. Can you see her sitting on the blanket on the other side of him and he has his hand on her, gently petting her. He came home from school one day and beeeeggggged me for a kitten. His friend's cat had kittens and he wanted one sooooo bad!
You guessed it..... I caved, and we got the kitten. He picked out the little gray tiger striped kitten and he named her Sunny.
Everyone in the family just loved Sunny! She was an adorable kitten. She has such a sweet personality. Here's a picture of Hayden with Sunny asleep in his lap. Auh, she is so cute!
Here's an old picture of Grayson, Hayden and Cameron in their secret fort (it's so cute, you can see that Grayson has a microscope on his lap......boys! I just love em!!!!). You can see Sadie, our old dog, tied up back there by Hayden and Cameron is holding our new kitten Sunny.

Sadie was a new pet to us at the time too. She was a four month old puppy when we got her. She was such a sweet dog. She actually let Sunny nurse on her! Isn't that just the cutest thing! Sadie was a border collie and she was a perfect dog. We loved her so much, but she died almost one year ago. We miss her greatly. We do love our new dog, Bailey, though too.
Well, last week Mackenzie came over and took Sunny to his new house. This was the plan, as soon as he had a place that he could have pets he wanted to take his cat. Sunny has grown to be a beautiful cat now and she is still very sweet.
I actually got a little choked up as he packed her up in the car and drove away.
I called Mackenzie the next day to see how she was doing. He said the drive home was horrible! She cried and bawled the whole drive home, but he said now she has adjusted quite nicely and is enjoying her new home!
Goodbye Sunny, we will miss you. I hope you like your new home with Mackenzie and Brittany!

"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal." Proverbs 12:10

Love, Sharon

13 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

That is one awesome cat! It is hard as things change, isn't it? But God is good and helps us to adjust.

Mrs.Ruiz said...

That's so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes:) I have a kitten that nursed on my dog too. Isn't that thing cutest thing ever. Have a great day Sharon

Kathi said...

Oh how sweet and sad. I'm a little teary-eyed too. She will make Mackenzie and Brittany's house even more of a home. I love kitties. Hugs, your favorite blogger buddy, Kathi; hee hee, just kidding :) I suppose I'm your biggest blogger fan though :)

Jan Parrish said...

But happily, you'll still be able to see her and enjoy her when you visit. Sadly, I am allergic to my grand cats so I don't get to snuggle them much.

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Sharon sweetie, sending you a big hug! Just think how much you will enjoy your visits over to see Mackenzie, Brittany and darling little Sunny! Sweet kitty!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Julieann said...

Sharon that was so sad--and then happy at the same time----

You need to get a new kitten for you!

Julieann

Brenda said...

aww that is sad. We get so attached.
April just called me and has changed er mind. I know it isn't good and it is killing me. I don't know if my emotions can stand anymore pain.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Oh my goodness. I was so scared from the title that she had passed over the rainbow bridge. I'm so glad that she's just gone to live with Mackenzie. But I'm sorry that you're missing her too. It's a part of the empty nest that I had never considered--having pets as well as children move on.

Hugs to you.

Jocelyn said...

awww. How sweet that he loves her so much, he had to take her to his new home. We can't say much, our cat is our 4th child.
I guess I should post some pictures about him soon!

Dawnie said...

nice blog! Our oldest son is getting married on Saturday. I to have found the perfect dress! I will post a picture on my blog soon.

gail said...

Awww-
I am sure Sunny will enjoy his new home.
Your sons always seem to have such pleasant countenances- they seem like wonderful young men. You are blessed! And soon you'll have a daughter!
Sharon- you have inspired me to start my very own blog- I have always been intimidated thinking it was far too dificult and complicated-but you have inspired me- I love how you share the Lord in everything...you do acknowledge Him in all your ways.
God bless you!
Gail

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon! Your blog about Sunny reminded me of my cats, Furby and Annie. When I take them to the vet for shots they cry all the way over and back. I put them in carrying boxes or else they would hide under the seat and I wouldn't be able to get them out.

Even as I type this Annie is out waiting in the lilac bushes for the sparrows to cross her path. She is a hunter. Furby would rather nap in his basket bed. I scold Annie about hurting the birds and she looks guilty but the moment passes when she sees her prey and off she goes to score another notch in her belt.

Your dress and accessories are beautiful. I hope you don't weep too long at the ceremony. Oh, I will not be there. I did receive the invitation--lovely. I am invited to a wedding this Friday where the food (plus lots of other things) will be a pig on a spit in the back parking lot of the church. Poor Miss Piggie--she is making the ultimate sacrifice to be at this wedding.

Have a great day. Love, Aunt Helen

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness this little story has tugged at my heartstrings!!! Keep us posted at Sunny's adjustment!! Maybe when he goes out of town Sunny will be back for some short stays!!! And he HAS to bring Sunny at Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!!

love,
kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...