Friday, September 26, 2008

My sweet neices..........

These are my little brother Wade's girls, Jade, Alex and Drew. Aren't they just adorable! This is an old photo from about ten years ago. They came to stay with us for a few days and I let them get in the "costume trunk"; these are the outfits they came up with! Look at little Drew's big shoes! Such a crack up! I talked with their mother, Joy, the other day and the girls are coming to the wedding in October! I am so excited! They live in California and we don't get to see them very often, so it will be really great to see them! They are all grown up now and all of them are drop dead gorgeous, very smart and very talented! I can't wait to see them!
This is my baby brother Wade. He lives in California. He works in the home loan industry. I feel bad because it suddenly dawned on me that after blogging for over a year, I have never introduced to you my dear brother, Wade. Even though he is far away, we keep in touch by phone at least twice a month.

Wade is a crack up and he seems to always be making funny movements and poses like the one above. Wade is a very sweet brother. We have great conversations. Wade has the best sense of humor! He always makes me laugh.
This is how I remember my baby brother. This is a picture of all of us kids when we were little. We are at the beautiful Crater Lake in Oregon. From left to right, Kelli, Kathi, Sharon and Wade. Wade and I were pals and we played together a lot. I remember playing trucks with him and building forts.
Here's a picture of "cool" Wade when he was in his early 20s. Wade has always had a coolness about him. Life has been a little hard for Wade and he could use your prayers. He is divorced now and hoping to find a special woman in his life. He does, however, have three special girls in his life now, his three beautiful daughters..........
Jade, who is starting college and studying to be a nurse.
Alex, who is a senior in high school and involved with student government and doing really well at her job at a retail department store.
And Drew, who is a sophomore in high school and studying acting. Wade is so proud of his beautiful daughters. They are all doing so well; they all are so sweet, funny and smart and they all love the Lord.
Here is a picture of their mother, Joy, with Drew. Joy is a gorgeous woman too! She is remarried to a neat guy named Rich and they have a darling little boy named Josh. Wade and Joy have done a very good job at raising their girls.
Here they are, all grown up with their father. A big change from.................
........the days of playing dress up at Aunt Sharon's house all those years ago. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks at the wedding!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

xox, Sharon

13 comments:

Mrs.Ruiz said...

Your nieces are beautiful! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my post. Have a great weekend.

Kathi said...

Oh what a lovely post about Wade and his girls. I don't know if I have ever shared Wade on my blog either. I think even though I talk on the phone with him, I don't have pics. so as a blogger, it makes me forget to post. Well done sister. Very nice. Love ya, Kathi

Judy said...

It was very nice to "meet" your brother :) The girls are beautiful. I remember my kids dressing up at their grandparents house. It's always lots of fun. Then the girls would put on a skit for us.
Have a good evening.
Judy

Jocelyn said...

I remember Wade babysitting me and what a Pain I was!
Oh those were the days! I work in the Home Loan business too, I hope he is weathering the storm like the rest of us!

Tamara Jansen said...

Hope you have TONS of fun at the wedding. Don't forget your kleenex, just in case!

salina said...

Hello Sharon,
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I just want to say that not only are you beautiful but so is your whole family it appears.:)
My husband is always doing goofy movements with his body too. He can be pretty funny too but most of the time is just a big pain.;)
Take care,
Salina

Jan Parrish said...

What a great brother. Don't you hate that he lives so far away? My baby brother lives in Minnesota so I don't get to see him much either.

Kelli said...

You are so blessed, Sharon! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!
~Kelli

Willa said...

Hi Sharon,

Your nieces are lovely. I'll bet you can't wait to see all your family at your son's wedding.

I have a silly question. I have a blog. I haven't done much with it yet.

Each time I sign in to post on your blog - I put in all the information and it doesn't take it so that is why I end up anonymous.
I was wondering if you knew what I was doing wrong.

Thanks.

Willa

Willa said...

Oops, I feel so silly - I put in the information and it worked but said it would be saved for blog owner approval - is that usual or not? Will it turn out anonymous again?

Willa

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... So nice to see and learn about more members of your family. I loved to play dress-up and as kids, my boys loved it, too! It was always so much fun for them to pretend to be ninja turtles or firemen... Thanks for sharing and sparking some fond memories for me... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

luvmy4sons said...

It was great to meet your brother and nieces. They are GORGEOUS girls.

Sondra said...

It is so nice to finally meet your brother. The girls are all so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...