Friday, September 19, 2008

My computer problems continue........

Our computer problems were better for a day and then came back with a vengeance. I called Mackenzie and he said we need to bring out the big guns and get a really strong virus protector. We turned it off and it is quarantined until we can preform surgery on it! We pulled out the old computer, which used to be my business computer when I did medical transcription at home. That is what I am using today. All my blogging pictures are on the other computer. I looked at the "My Pictures" folder on this computer and here are some old photos that I found and thought I would share with you! Above is a picture of Christmas morning a few years ago.
Here's another Christmas morning. It's terrible, but I don't know the date of either picture. I am guessing that maybe the top one is from 2004 and the one above is from 2005. We are a very traditional family and one of our favorite Christmas traditions is a big french toast breakfast made by Eric after we opened our gifts.
Here's a family Christmas picture in front of the fireplace. I think this is from 2005. Eric has a black eye in this picture because a branch hit him in the face at work. Poor guy.
Cameron with his new guitar.
Hayden and his baby salamander. Another tradition for us is getting polliwogs and other critters and setting up an aquarium for them on the back porch. He looks so young in this picture! I'm guessing he was just 10 or 11 years old.
Eric takes the boys fishing all the time and this is a big salmon that Grayson caught.
And here's Hayden with his!
This is an old photo from New Year's day. We went up to the snow and stayed a few nights at a hot springs resort. Such great memories! Hayden, Grayson and Cameron are standing infront of a snowy lake. Can you see the beautiful swan in the background?
Here's Cameron at work at Taco Bell, he was 17 years old and a senior in high school. This was his first job. The owner of Taco Bell also is the owner of the gas station and when they closed Taco Bell, he moved Cameron to the gas station. Cameron worked his way up to assistant manager! I am proud of his strong work ethic. I am proud of all my son's for many reasons, but one is that they all are hard workers!

Here's a few pictures of the boys playing in the street. Above is Mackenzie on his skate board, you can barely see Hayden in the background on his bike. I loved it when they would all play in the street together. Unfortunately there are none of Cameron on this computer, but I have so many great memories of going out there and sitting on the curb watching them play or joining in on the fun with them.
Grayson with his go kart, which he converted from a riding lawn mower.
Hayden pulling his friend, Austin, in a homemade cart made out of an old drawer! I love it when my kids get creative! They have made all kinds of fun and interesting things, I never know what I might find!!!
I miss these old days! Maybe it was good that my computer broke because I had forgotten all about these pictures.

Well, I hope I didn't bore you with these old pictures! It's fun for me to walk down memory lane, but probably not much fun for you. I am hoping and praying that my other computer will get fixed soon. I am a little surprised at how this is effecting me! I am realizing how much I really love blogging and it makes me really sad that I just can't sit at my desk and visit all of you.

I will try to visit you today on this old computer later this morning. I need to make up my two week menus and write up my grocery list and head to Winco to do my big grocery shopping. Later this afternoon we are heading out of town to watch Grayson's football game. Please keep him in your prayers in regards to his knee injury.

Also, Eric found out he has about 20 more trees to fall tomorrow. They trees are the ones he would not cut before because they were too close to the power lines. One of the guys from the logging crew is going up with him and using the big Caterpillar Shovel to knock them over in the right direction once Eric does the initial cut on the trees. Please keep him in your prayers as well. He is nervous about this.

I do have one little tidbit of good news..........I lost four pounds!!! I started one week ago today eating just 1200 calories a day and I have been sticking too it. I am coming up with creative ways to eat good things and it hasn't been too hard. I am so thankful. I am just going to keep going until the wedding, which is October 18th.

Tomorrow I am going to breakfast with the Bag Ladies and then thrift store shopping! Saturday evening our family is going evening wedding. Sunday we are visiting Mackenzie and Brittany's church and semi celebrating Hayden's birthday. His real birthday is Monday, but he has an away football game. I think we are doing the big dinner on Tuesday night. I hope all of you ladies have a great weekend!

Hugs to all of you.

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Your friend, Sharon

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing your older pictures. Isn't it so much fun seeing our kids again and having all those memories. At one point, I had a very difficult time looking at old pictures of our sons - it comes when the nest is finally empty - it is just too emotional. I couldn't look at older pictures for a few years - but I am back able to do it now and enjoy it so.

I will be praying for your son, Grayson's knee at his game tonight. I remember those high school football days with two of our sons - one didn't play - but was more interested in Scouts (he earned his Eagle).

At our church we had Royal Rangers - I don't know if you have ever heard of it - its a boy scout program in the Assembly of God church. Our sons all earned their Gold Medal of Achievement which is the highest honor - kind of like Eagle Scout.

Boy, do I ramble. I will also be praying for your Eric - that he will be safe when he has to cut those trees. And that God will give you the strength you need on an ongoing basis for your husband's work.

My husband drives alot for his work and I worry about him - his name is Erik, too. So, I'll pray for your Eric if you pray for my Erik.

Willa

Judy said...

I'm sorry you're still having computer problems. I know what you mean about not being able to visit other blogs.
I love seeing old pictures and often think I should post old pictures sometimes. I know my kids love it when I have done it. Congrats on the weight loss :) Your weekend sounds like it's going to be a busy one, but a fun one.
Judy

Judy said...

I forgot to mention that I will continue to keep your men in my prayers.

Jan Parrish said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has computer withdrawals. I'll pray your computer is able get fixed. I have a love/hate relationship with technology. :)

Sharon said...

Dear Willa,

You are so sweet! Thank you for all of your prayers for my family. I will pray for your's too and will pray for your Erik too! It breaks my heart to hear you say you were so sad about empty nest that you couldn't look at the old pictures. I don't think this subject gets talked about enough. I know it is probably because there is only a small percent of the women who get that down about it. I think I went through the worst of it in 2003 when my first son graduated from high school. Since then it has come and gone. I feel like I am on the other side of it, but I do have one graduating this year and I am getting emotional about that.

I am glad to hear that you are on the other side of it. I will keep you in my prayers.

I hope you have a great weekend!

In Him, Sharon

P.S. I have heard of Royal Rangers, my kids were a part of it for awhile, but not very long. Congratulations to your son for making Eagle!!!

Julieann said...

Sharon, my friend, I am so sorry I am late with wishing you happy birthday--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

My husband put my old, old hard drive on my computer--(long story) and it had tons of pictures, I had forgotten about---I am so glad it happened. Your pictures are wonderful.

Happy weekend------Hope your computer gets well soon!!

Julieann

littleladyboutique said...

Such nice and sweet pictures, Sharon! :):):) I love going through all our pictures. :):):) Hope your computer problems get better. ;) Have a wonderful Friday! Blessings, Stephanie

luvmy4sons said...

Sorry about the computer woes but it was fun seeing the old pics! Praying all goes well with tree cutting. Sounds like a busy, full weekend! Have fun!

Twice as Nice said...

Thanks for stopping at our blog today. Those clothes did not come from the good will. They came from a store called Bergner's. For every item of clothing you donated they gave you a coupon for 20% off so that's what I did. Have a great weekend :o)

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Sorry you're having the computer issues.

Your sons look so young in these older photos! It's cool to see them.

Angie said...

I saw your comment on another blog about costume jewelry and I had to pop over and say hi. I'm the same way. I love my costume jewelry. It's so much fun! A few "real" pieces are nice to have, but I'm all about the big obnoxious stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is a website for empty nest moms that I have been a part of for 5 years. It is www.emptynestmoms.com It is great and helped me save my sanity during the worst part of it. I thank God for this site. I am glad that you have been through the worst part of it too. It does get so much easier and then you get grandkids to make life even more wonderful.

Thank you for your prayers.

I hope you get your computer working again soon.

Willa

Linda said...

Love seeing all the family photos...but sorry the computer is stll being naughty.
Have the best time tomorrow, I hope everyone finds lots of goodies.
Please stop by, I've tagged you....hope you are able to play along...but I'll understand if you don't. Hugs, Linda

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm sorry about your computer. I'm going to pray that the problems don't cause any loss of photos.

I loved seeing your old photos. Everyone is so happy and adorable. I love the drawer being pulled by the bike.

Yay for you Sharon on losing four pounds. Way to go.

I'm thankful Eric is finished with the dangerous tree cutting. God is good.

Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...