Thursday, September 18, 2008

More birthday fun! This time it's mine!!!

Last week I turned 47! Oh my goodness, when did I get that old? I had a wonderful day! It started with Hayden making me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!
I had to work, but that was fine. I wore my new little outfit. I found the linen capris at Penny's on sale for $8.49 and I found the little brown cardigan at a garage sale for .50 cents! I accessorized with the pearls that Eric bought me for Christmas.
I love my new shoes! Another garage sale find for only $1.00 (I bought them from my neighbor and I did sanitize them). Aren't they cute!!! When I was at work, right before I went to lunch, I had two special visitors. Grayson and Rachelle surprised me and came in and delivered these gorgeous flowers!
Aren't they pretty! I was so surprised and touched. Then I got sad because I didn't get their picture, so................
I took a picture later at home! I love having the girls around as they encourage my sons to be thoughtful! I met Mackenzie for a birthday lunch. He works two doors down from my office! Isn't that convenient!
We had a wonderful lunch together. Later in the afternoon my office mates bought a chocolate cream pie and we all celebrated my birthday!
They even sang to me! I love my new job! The pie was wonderful!
When I got home from work Eric had a cake, some candy and a card waiting for me. I also got some cards in the mail.
All the kids came over and we had a wonderful dinner made entirely by Eric! We had BBQ New York steaks, corn on the cob, baked potatoes and green salad! What a delicious meal!
I took this picture when everyone was loading their plates. I love the busy hub bub when all the kids are home! These are some of the gifts I received. I love all of them! It touches my heart that my loved ones know me so well and pick out such perfect gifts!
Eric bought me a new vacuum! I needed it badly! It is a Hoover Wind Tunnel and it works fabulously! Mackenzie was assembling it for me in this picture.
Here I am trying it out. Hey, I really am like June Clever.....I'm vacuuming in pearls and heels! LOL!
Just an extra picture from the evening. Cameron was planning on taking his cat, Wheeler, back to his apartment (after we had been babysitting the cat all summer) and I wanted to get a picture of all the boys and their cats, Cameron has Wheeler, Hayden has Krammer and Mackenzie has Sunny.

This will be the last picture of all the cat "cousins' together as Wheeler is gone now and Sunny will be moving in with Mackenzie in a couple of weeks. Then we will just be down to one cat, Krammer, which I actually think will be nice! Grayson never got a kitty, he kind of claims Bailey as his pet! Just a sidebar, Sunny is Krammer's mother! We let her have kittens when she was one year old and we decided to keep one of the kittens. All of our pets are fixed.

One extra picture. I'm holding up this card because it is from Mackenzie and Brittany. Like most women, Brittany bought the card and signed it and had Mackenzie sign it and then she sealed it and addressed it. What touched me is that she wrote "Mom" on the front! Yea for Daughter-in-laws! Yea for birthdays!!!!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart." Proverbs 15:30


Blessings, Sharon

27 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Happy birthday. What a wonderful day you had. I just love the way those shoes tie that outfit all together. My you received a lot of yummy birthday food!

Our birthdates are very close together. :-)

Mardell said...

Sharon,
What a beautiful birthday celebration surrounded by those you love! :o) You looked fabulous in your new outfit! :o) I hope I can look that great when I turn 47. The flowers are so pretty ~ I love anything purple. You do so many wonderful things for everyone ALL the time, you certainly deserved to get pampered on your special day!

Hugs,
Mardell

Kelly said...

Happy birthday, Sharon! 47? 27! You always look fabulous. :o) I loved your birthday outfit! Too cute that the boys have cats (Grace is here cooing over the kitties, LOL) and I'm so glad to hear that you had a very blessed day!

Jennifer said...

Hi Sharon, Happy Belated Birthday. This is Jennifer. I emailed you once (talking to you about children and how encouraging you were to me). Well, I noticed that you got the book "the shack" as a present. Just to warn you, that I have heard that there are some dangerous theological deficiencies in it. I think the christian radio guy albert mohler did a review on it. I have not read it myself but I just wanted to warn you about that.

Thanks for your great blog. I enjoy reading it every day. I cant wait to see the wedding pictures (when you have them!!). I feel like I am part of the family!! Jennifer

Mrs. Farrah said...

Sharon,
What a great day you had!

I have those exact shoes. I love them!

Have a good one!

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a wonderful birthday. You have the sweetest family who made it so special for you. You made them that way in your training.

I love the June Cleaver in your pearls and heals vacuuming ~ So cute.

It's awesome tha you have these thoughtful sweet girls in your life, along with your other family members of course. Isn't God loving and faithful to give you daughters? I'm so happy for you. You look really pretty, Sharon. Love you, Kathi

A Romantic Porch said...

Each day and each year is a blessing isn't it Sharon. You expressed that so well. xo rachel

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you are honored by the wonderful men in your life.
Are you still enjoying your new job (I imagine it doesn't feel new anymore.)

Connie said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon. You have a wonderful family who "rise up and call you blessed!"
you are truly a proverbs 31 woman!

Twice as Nice said...

What a great birthday you had. I just LOVE the shoes and was hoping you bought them at a store so I could get a pair! You have some handsome sons and soon to be daughters :o)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I sent you an email basically introducing myself. I enjoy your blog very much. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. Love the shoes!
Kim

Joyfull said...

Happy Birthday! Your outfit looked great. It sounds like it was a day surrounded by loving family and lots of good memories!

Judy said...

Happy "belated" Birthday. I love the pictures, you can tell your day was great.
Have a good evening.
Judy

luvmy4sons said...

What a wonderful birthday. What a wonderful family and celebration. You don't look 47!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I read your blog all the time. I recently came back to God after a long time away from his love and I find The scripture at the end of each of your blogs very uplifting. You are an inspiration. Thank you for being such committed blogger. When I log on I always say to myself , "I wonder what Sharon up to today"

Bless you
Erica

~~Deby said...

Happy Birthday...
It looks like it was a SPECIAL one...and I am happy for you..you are such a giving and warm and generous person and I am glad that you too reap what you sow....
God is GOOD...
~Deby

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I read you blog everyday and I love it and I love your family! You are very encouraging to me because I am a young mother with two boys 4 and 2! They keep me busy!
God bless you and your blog!!!!
Beth

Jan Parrish said...

You look fabulous, girlfriend. More like 35. Sounds like the men in your life took good care of you.

Jan said...

Oh Sharon, it looks like you had a beautful birthday! You are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in your life who love you and take such great care of you! And 47 is not old m'dear! LOL!

Brenda said...

I hate I missed your birthday. Looks like it was grand. I love the shoes. You have the cutest red toe nails.

Joann said...

Sharon~ Happy Birthday! I have read your blog for some time now and I just love your home it is so comfy looking. Isn't strange when we wives get presents like vacuums and are excited! I got my Dyson and just wanted to vacuum everyday...of course that wore off pretty quickly!! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family...
blessings,Joann
www.homesteadblogger.com/Fruitofherhands

Jaderocks said...

Happy Birthday Sharon
It looks like your wonderful family made sure you had a great day. I'm glad Eric is safe and sound and I hope Grayson's knee is doing good now. I hope you have a great weekend.

Deb said...

Boy! I enjoyed your birthday! I love the outfit you put together right down to the shoes, and the gifts. Your family and friends were all so thoughtful! Now don't let me forget the pie and lovely dinner. Happy Birthday Sharon! You are blessed! Deb

Sharon said...

Thank you Mardell! You are too kind! It makes me feel good to hear you say you think I look younger than 47! :0) I did have a great day and feel so blessed. I hope you have a great weekend!

xox Shar

Sharon said...

Dear Kim, Erica, Beth and Joann,

Thank you so very much for visiting my blog and leaving me such nice and encouraging comments! It makes me feel good to know that you enjoy my blog! Thank you for the birthday wishes too! I hope that all of you will come back again!

Huggies, Shar

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Sharon. It looks like you had a blessed birthday, though, it is so great when the family just gets together and you get to see everyone and then to celebrate your birthday, too. How awesome.

Yes, it is great when our sons get wives because their wives are so thoughtful - not to say our sons aren't in their own ways - but it is so heartwarming when their wives become our daughters, too, and we see that in little ways and big ways too.

Willa

Linda said...

Happy Birthday just a tad late. Your day looks so happy...celebrating with your sweet family, yummy foods and I love your cute outfit...your shoes are the cutest.

p.s have you started The Shack...I've heard good things....but for some reason I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. I'm curious what you think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...