Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Marionberry Cobbler

Look at all these beautiful Marionberries! Our friends, Jeff and Jaylin, own a berry farm and they brought them over.
We purchased them back in March at the high school auction. They gave us a gift certificate which we cashed in when the berries were in season. Marionberries are a hybrid blackberry which are big berries full of flavor. The day they delivered them happened to be the same day we had our company here and we were heading to the class reunion. I didn't have time to mess with them, so Eric put them in zip lock bags and froze them. I pulled out two bags to make the cobbler.
Here's my trusty cobbler recipe.
I doubled the recipe because I made a big cobbler. I started with 8 cups of berries.
I then added two cups of sugar.
I folded the sugar in until it was completely blended in with the berries.
Mmmmm, don't they look delicious!
I set the berries aside and mixed the ingredients together to make the crust.
I combined Jiffy mix with some eggs, milk, sugar and melted butter, and mixed them all together. I laid the berries in a 13x9 baking dish.
Then I poured the crust mix on top.
Oh......doesn't that look fabulous!
I sprinkled sugar on the top and baked it at 400 for 15 minutes and then 350 for 10 more minutes.
It's all done........mmmmm you should smell it!
Mmmmm you should taste it too! I took this to my husband's family reunion and it was gone in literally minutes!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful week! May God richly bless you and yours!

"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit." Genesis 1:29

Hugs, Sharon

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greeting Sharon in the name of our Lord! =)

It looks like you and your family have enjoyed such a blessed summer together! I too will miss summer but what a blessing to have wonderful summer family memories to store in our hearts! You have made so many! =)

Thank you for sharing your berry cobbler recipe- it looks sooooo good and easy! Those are recipes I just love! =)

I wanted to ask where you keep your recipes? You have them in such great order, do you keep them in a binder/folder of some kind? I need to get my recipes in order and im trying to figure out the best way. You are really a great example of a wife and mommy who strives to be diligent even in these areas to keep things organized- thank you!

What a joy and blessing that your son and future daughter inlaw have bought there first home- wow- thats such a great blessing and wonderful, wonderful start!

God bless your day richly!

In His care,
Joy

Sharon said...

Good morning Joy! Thank you for stopping by! It's good to hear that you had a great summer too! I hope you have a great fall as well! Do you home school or public school?

You asked about my recipes. I just took a bunch of pictures of my system and I was planning on doing a post on it. I am half organized and the other half is terrible! I have a folder full of new recipes that need to be filed and they are scattered every where! I designed a big file system for my recipes that works very well for me. You can see it in one of the pictures in the background. Stay tuned and I will be talking about it in the near future.

Have a happy day!

:0) Shar

Linda said...

Hi Sharon...love pies and cobblers and this cobbler looks delish.
Last time we were in Oregon I had a yummy piece of Marionberry pie:).
Thank you for the recipe...when I make cobbler I generally use a crumble for the top...but I'm going to try this Jiffy topping..it's looks so good...hugs, Linda

Brenda said...

OMG I could eat them all raw,but since you have the cobbler done I will take it that way. I just made a blueberry one for a client. I just love berries. I bet yours didn't last long with that group of young men.

Kathi said...

Oh Yummy Sharon. This looks so good. Thank you for the recipe and I too, love your recipe file. I have it just like yours as you showed me a couple of years ago. I don't, however, have the cute wooden box. I will now be looking for one at a thrift store, to spray paint cute.

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement to me. I know it's going to get better. I have also felt such peace since putting up my post. I know it's all the prayers of our blogging buddies. God is so good. I cried last night and again this morning. I am starting to feel joy now. God is so faithful. I know I am going to make it through. Hugs, Kathi

Judy said...

I have never had Marionberries, they look yummy. I make a cobbler with peaches. I'll have to try your topping for it, it looks good.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon!! That looks and smells great!

Jan Parrish said...

Oh, that looks delicious. I'm off all sugar right now. My diet is going so well this doesn't even temp me. :)

Kelly said...

Oh My goodness, I am laughing at myself because my mouth is literally watering! It looks fabulous!!!

Love,
Kelly

Happy @ Home said...

Hi Sharon,

Boy does your cobbler look yummy. I have heard of marionberries, but didn't really know what they were. I'll have to see if we can get them around here.

Love your music - I can feel my nose twitching as I type this.

Have a great week,
Kim

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh my, this looks delicious sweetie! I have to ask though, what is Jiffy mix? We don't have anything by that name here (except a cleaning product called Jiff! lol), but if you tell me what's in the mix then maybe I could find a substitute here. All of our summer fruits are about to be coming on very soon, so this recipe is great, thank you! Wishing you a wonderful day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sharon said...

Hi Amanda.....it's an all purpose baking mix. It is like Bisquick...do you have Bisquick down under???

Hugs, Sharon

Deb said...

Hi Sharon, that's a good thing you did with those berries, it looks very tasty, and the Lord is good for giving them to us. Deb

Michelle said...

Hi Sharon ~ Mmmm, your cobbler looks delicious! I've never heard of Marionberries before! Are they native to your area or are they actually here in MI, too? LOL (I seriously don't know!) Hope you're enjoying a great week!

God bless,
Michelle

Kelly said...

Sharon,

My favorite thing about your recipe is that your recipe cards are always well-loved. :O) I can tell that they've been a friend for years and that you've made recipes over and over for your family to enjoy. It's just the sweestest thing!

Sharon said...

Michelle,

They originated in Oregon in Marion
County, thus the name Marionberry! That was back in the early 50s, so I am sure they are found in other states now. It would be neat if you could find them in your state!

Hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...