Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy birthday baby boy!

Today is my youngest son's birthday! Happy birthday Hayden! I love you! Above is a picture of his first birthday with his Daddy holding the cake. Make a wish Hayden!
Everything is mixed up this year. Today is his birthday, but we celebrated yesterday because he has an "away" football game tonight and will not be home until about 11:00 pm. Because I work, I will not be able to go to the game, but Eric will be there. We decided to celebrate his birthday yesterday.

We started the day out with going to church and then going out to breakfast. Eric didn't go with us because he was so exhausted from his job. He has been working six days straight every week for the past month and with the stress of cutting down trees next to the power lines, he really needed to sleep. The boys and I had a great time.
Then we came home and just hung out. Cameron came over for the whole afternoon, so Hayden and Cameron played Guitar Hero and we watched a movie.
I made him a little birthday collage display. This is his school picture for this year. What a handsome young man!
I made Hayden his birthday cake of choice, which this year was chocolate with chocolate frosting.

Our tradition is that I make them any meal that they request. This year he requested chipped beef on toast with sweet peas! I am kicking myself because I did not get a picture of the dinner or even one of the family sitting at the table eating together! We had a wonderful family dinner, the whole family was there. Here's Hayden's empty plate. He loved his dinner. I have never made chipped beef on toast and it was really good! His grandma Alice has made it for him and all the boys and they all love it.

Happy birthday Hayden! We all love you so much! Time to make a wish and blow out the candles. Hey, what's going on here, some of the candles won't blow out! Hee-hee, gotcha Hayden! I put a couple of trick candles on there that kept relighting! Hayden only got two presents this year.......his brothers all pooled their money together and got him an IPod Shuffle, which he LOVED! And Eric and I gave him a gift certificate for a trampoline, which we did not get in time for his birthday, but he is really excited about it!! After presents and cake we watched a movie. Having the family together for birthdays is the best!
Oh little boy, when did you grow up and get so big? I love you so much and am so very proud of you!
You have grown to be such a wonderful person! You are smart, funny, strong, a hard worker, an excellent student, a man of character and a man of God. We are so very proud of you and we are so thankful that the Lord brought you into our lives!

Happy 15th birthday Hayden!

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord." Psalm 127:3

Love, Sharon

12 comments:

www.medianowonline.com said...

I don,t know how I reached on this blog. But, nice blog with nice family. I enjoyed lot. Happy birthday to Hyden from India. God bless you.

Mrs. Farrah said...

Happy Birthday, Hayden!

Blessings for your day!

Judy said...

Happy Birthday Hayden. What a wonderful day you gave him Sharon. I'm also glad to hear Eric is fine.
Have a wonderful Monday and I hope he wins his game tonight.
Hugs,
Judy

luvmy4sons said...

What a handsome young man. Happy birthday! I love the pic of him as a little tow head!

Elena said...

I loved the pic of his first birthday. So precious!

Kim said...

Boy, you it's just one birthday after another! It is so much fun to look back over the pictures as they grow up before our very eyes.

Kathi said...

What a darling little boy and handsome big boy. Hayden is a wonderful person because you and Eric have brought him up to be so. Looks like such a fun birthday. I like your birthday collages. I have never made chipped beef on toast. I'd really like to have the recipe. Have a great day. Love ya, Kathi

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Hayden!

We celebrated my oldest daughter's 15th birthday yesterday!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Hayden, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! We hope one of your presents will be a win in your game tonight.
Your birthday card will be a little late, it will be in the mail this afternoon.
Love you,
Grandpa & Grammie

Grayson congratulations on that tremendous run you made on Friday night, 70 yards WOW, I read about it in the news paper.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Hayden! What a fun family celebration!
~Kelli

Jan Parrish said...

Happy birthday Hayden.

My *little one* is almost 23. Goes by fast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...