Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Goodwill Goodies!

I wanted to share some of the treasures that I have found lately at Goodwill and garage sales. I found this darling tassel at Goodwill. It has a ceramic top piece with wonderful cotton string strings for the tassel. I love the colors!
It still had it's original price tag on it, $10.95 and then Goodwill had it for $1.99 with an extra 50% off, so I only paid $1.00! It is hanging on my curio cabinet in our entryway.
I found this fun glass cup in a free box at a garage sale. Do any of you out there recognize it? Back in the 70s they had commercials all the time advertising an at home glass cutting kit. They would show families happily working in their garage cutting old wine bottles and turning them into drinking glasses. We never owned one, but I recognized this as a piece that was created from one of those cutting kits.
You can see here that it was originally a wine bottle, it says quart.
I put a tea light in it and it casts off the prettiest shadows. I love it! I think it is so fun and quirky!
I found this little Dutch boy at Goodwill and paid $1.99 for him.
I love this type of ceramic where the glaze is painted on and as it is fired in the kiln it kind of runs of in spots. I love how he is holding a little bouquet of flowers.
I set him next to my little girl at the wishing well. It looks like she got what she wished for! LOL!
I found these awesome boots at Goodwill for $7.99. They are in excellent shape. They're made by Ann Taylor. I hope this doesn't gross any of you out that I would buy used shoes, but I assure you I do sanitize them with either Lysol or bleach water and I only buy them if they are in really good condition.
I also found this darling little red top.
It is perfect for work. I love the little bow in the back. It was $3.99 and 50% off, so I paid just $1.99, that's pretty good for a fashionable top to wear to work!
And last, but not least, I found this sweet little bootie at a garage sale for $1.00.
I snagged it up so fast! I have a pink one and cream one too. Someday I am going to have a grand-baby room and decorate it with vintage baby things. This little bootie will fit nicely in there!

I wanted to thank all of you out there who prayed for my family and especially my husband. He has to cut timber up there again near the power lines today, so please keep praying! Thank you so very much. Also, Grayson went to the doctor (the office where I work) and found out he has a tiny little tear in his lateral collateral ligament. The doctor gave him a brace and said take lots of Ibuprofen and take it easy. He said he can go to practice and run a little, but no tackling! He thinks Grayson can play in Friday's game, but Grayson will have to be the judge of how he feels. I am a little worried, but we will see how he does the rest of the week. Thank you for praying for him as well.

Hope you have a lovely day!

"May the Lord's face radiate with joy because of you; may He be gracious to you, show you His favor, and give you His peace." Numbers 6:25, 26


Huggies, Sharon

18 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, I love your little treasures. My heart did a flip flop when I saw the blue bootie. I collect those too!!!!!!!!!! I have several. Just yesterday, I was thinking...I need to post about those. Have a fun day. xo rachel

Kathi said...

Sharon, I love all of your Goodwill finds. I especially love that top. Can I borrow it sometime?

I have a pink baby bootie too. I love those. That little boy with the flowers behind his back is so cute.

I'll keep praying for Eric. What part of the body is injured on Gray? Is it the leg or his back? I'm not familiar with the medical terms. I love you, Kathi

Sharon said...

Good morning!

Kathi, it is his right knee. I have a picture of him below with ice on it. It is feeling much better, but it is still hurting. I am worried that he will blow it out and it will tear worse. I would appreciate your continued prayers about this. Thank you so much for your concern!

Yes, you can borrow my shirt anytime!!!

Love ya sister!

Shar

D'Rae said...

Awesome finds! Those boots are lovely! I also buy shoes at garage sales and goodwill, but only if they are in good shape. So don't worry, you aren't the only one!

Linda said...

Love all your goodies...I think I need a Goodwill fix. Great boots and I do the same thing...I love Lysol spray. Hugs, Linda

Connie said...

You did super, lady chick!! I think wednesday is "senior day" at our Goodwill so I'll go over tomorrow and get extra discounts.......
Smooches,
Connie

~~Deby said...

Wonderful treasures..think my favorite is the tassel...great finds.
Deby

Deb said...

Hi Sharon, I love the things you found at the Goodwill Store, and I'm not grossed out by the boots, I think they're very nice! I wish I had them. Deb

luvmy4sons said...

Good will here I come. I need a lamp shade...do you think I will find one?

Jan Parrish said...

You've encouraged me to go thrift store shopping. :) I just don't have room for a lot of do dads and I hate clutter.

Simply Stork said...

that tassel is simply gorgeous!!!!

~simply~

Ruthie said...

Nice finds. I especially like the green glass votive.
Will pray for Grayson's knee - those knee things are very annoying. I know you'll have him take it easy for healing to take place. And I'll keep praying for your hubby.
Smiles.

Judy said...

You really got some nice finds. I love the boots, and no I'm not grossed out. I used to buy shoes and winter boots for my kids from the thrift store.
I'll keep Eric and Grayson in my prayers that all continues to go well for them both.
Hugs,
Judy

Brenda said...

Sharon,you got some really neat things.Not your normal finds. They all look nice were you put them.

Connie said...

I covet your Goodwill hunting skills. Truth be known...I have social anxiety going into those places alone. They make me nervous. Those boots are cute and it doesn't gross me out by the way...Sorry to hear about Grayson's knee injury. We just went through that this spring with my oldest son...He played 4 yrs. of college football and totally wipes out his knee playing Men's league RUGBY!

Michelle said...

Yup, I'll continue to pray for your guys :) You sure found some lovely things! I especially love that cute little tassel :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Kelly said...

Continuing to pray for Eric and Grayson!

What adorable finds at GW - I got a really pretty plate there yesterday and have to post on it. You've got me addicted, Shar! :o) Grace got a cute Winnie the Pooh book that I recognized from childhood...both items came to $2.99. I could be there daily...good thing it's 3 min from the new house, praise Jesus! He knew I needed to live near Kohl's and GW! LOL!

amiablerain said...

I love going to thrift stores and good will.
Looks like you found many great finds.
Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...