Sunday, September 28, 2008

A fun, busy day!

A few weeks ago we went to the mall to do our back to school shopping. This year it was just me and Hayden.
It was much easier than ever before. I remember a few years back when I took all four boys and it was such a big ordeal to get shirts, pants, sweaters, socks, underwear, coats and shoes for all four of them. And we are not even talking about all the school supplies with notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, etc....Oh my goodness, it took us all day and it cost so much money!
Now we're down to one boy and it only takes under an hour and isn't nearly as expensive! I do miss the old days a little though with all my little blond boys in tow! I always tried to make it fun and we would tag something fun on at the end of our shopping trip like going to the movies or to a thrift store and go out for lunch. I think the boys always cooperated more when they knew that as soon as we were done with the shopping we were going to go do something fun!
When the boys turn 16 and have jobs we started having them buy their own clothing. We still bought their shoes, socks, underwear and coats though. I guess we started this because Eric and I both bought our own clothes and we thought it would teach them responsibility and teach them the skills of budgeting their money.
After we went shopping we stopped at Mickey D's for lunch. We took it to go because we had an important date with Grayson.
We met him at the mini golf course!
We had so much fun!
I have only done this a handful of times in my life and I think it is really fun!

I was able to hold my own against this strong athletic sons of mine!
I started getting my own technique...........
.........oops, perhaps I should try a new technique! LOL!
We had a great time walking and talking as we went along the course. This mini golf course is so cute too!

I think I would like to do this again soon.
I had a great time with my sons.
And they both had a great time too.

Grayson took first place, Hayden second and I was third. I guess I need to get out there more often!
My husband, Eric, was not with us because he took his cousin Jeff to the river to fish. This is what we saw when we came home! It's Jeff holding the giant monster he caught. Needless to say Jeff was ecstatic! This big salmon weighed 40 pounds! I would say a good day was had by all today, except perhaps that fish!!!

"Whoever trusts in the Lord will be enriched." Proverbs 28:25

Fondly, Sharon

12 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a fun day. I love ya, Kathi

Connie said...

I'd love to have that salmon, sweetpea!! I love fish.

Looks like one frazzled mom in the clothing store! LOL LOL LOL

Smooches,
Connie

Kellan said...

My husband went fishing this weekend (with the Boy Scouts) and caught 3 big bass, but I do not believe they were as big as that fish your hubby caught - WOW! You have good looking boys and that looks like a great day you spent with them!

Take care and have a great week - Kellan

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... This was a fun post... I always enjoy going along with you and your family on your many adventures! The golf course was one of the nicer ones I've seen. We've always enjoyed doing that, and there are several putt-putt courses over at the beach... one of them is on top of one of the buildings on the boardwalk, so you can get a bird's-eye view of the ocean while putting... so pretty!

I hope you and your dear family are having a peaceful Sunday... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

luvmy4sons said...

Now that is a big fish. Great idea to combine shopping and golf! I might get more cooperation that way! LOL!

Mrs.Ruiz said...

hi Sharon, what handsome young men you have and what a big fish your husband caught. Thanks for sharing your life

Judy said...

What a fun day with your boys. Oh my goodness, I have never seen a King Salmon that big before. The biggest we might catch on Lake Michigan is maybe 24lbs. I can really appreciate the excitement.
Have a good evening.
Judy

nana said...

Hello Sharon! I really enjoy going along with you on all your fun shopping excursions. What fun you have with your boys! I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

Jan Parrish said...

Wow. I am amazed at that huge fish. Awesome.

We also had our kids buy their own clothes once they had jobs and they've always been great workers and very responsible. You are doing a great job with your boys!

jennifer said...

Good Grief! That is a huge fish!!!

I would be ecstatic too!

Willa said...

Yes, we did the same thing with our sons when they first got jobs. They were responsible for some of their clothing and we helped them buy some of it.

It does get kind of lonely when you are shopping for the last son, though.

It looks like you had a great time miniature golfing.

Sharon said...

Hi Nana! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you had a great weekend too!

Hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...