Thursday, September 4, 2008

The First Day of School!

Tuesday was the first day of school for Grayson and Hayden! It brought back many good memories of taking pictures of all my kids on the first day of school. Above is Grayson as he starts his senior year in high school.
Here is a picture of him 13 years ago standing in the same place ready to start kindergarten! Isn't he so precious! Don't you love the lunch box!
Here's Hayden getting ready to start his freshman year in high school.
And here he is in the same spot 10 years ago on his first day of kindergarten! What a cutie pie! It really seems like it hasn't been that long at all, time just goes by so quickly. Both boys had good days and like their schedules. It really is good to get back in a routine again.
Here are some pictures of my back to school decorations I did this year.
I brought out an antique black painted chair and put some sunflowers in front of it.
I added some school type items such as books, a lunchbox, a chalk board, little yellow rubber boots and an apple for the teacher! I can't believe that I already put up my fall wreath, where did summer go???? Here are my windowsill decorations.
I have had this fun little boy made out of buttons for a long time. He is holding some little wooden books and sits on a wooden apple. I love Professor Owl. He looks so studious. I have a vintage Prang water color paint set in the back. These are the same type of paints that I had when I was in first grade.
I put some vintage looking ABC blocks there with the teacher's bell and another apple. In the back I have a vintage children's paint set and a darling picture of some kitties at school. Look at the naughty kitten with a dunce cap on! Hee hee!
I love this reproduction vintage postcard that says "Off to School". I think it is the same artist who drew the Campbell Kids, but I'm not sure.
Just for fun I thought I would share pictures of my older boys on their first day of kindergarten too! Above is Mackenzie almost about 18 years ago on his first day of school! I am sad that I didn't take one with his backpack on, but at least I have this one! Isn't he cute! And here is Cameron all ready to go off to his big day of kindergarten! This was taken about 17 years ago! So adorable! God has truly blessed me with some awesome kids!

"Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord." Psalm 34:11

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome kids come from awesome parents who love and respect each other, love and respec their children, and teach their children about our Heavenly Father's love.

Thanks for sharing.
Michelle

Terri and Bob said...

That is adorable!

I am going to steal your porch idea for my school! If I actually follow through, I'll take a picture for you to see!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

The photos of your boys are wonderful.

I love the lunchbox and the "my first paintbox." It is sad to see summer end, but I'm trying to be upbeat about fall.

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, Isn't life full of fun and emotion? xo rachel

Kathi said...

Sharon, I love your pictures of the boys. They are just so cute. You've done such an excellent job raising all four boys.

I love you decorations. You are very creative. I hope a little bit of creativity comes out in me now that I have time. I have never had so much time in my life. I'm praising and thanking God for this. I'm so blessed. Love, Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

Happy Back to school day! Happy Fall. Great decorations.

Stephanie said...

They are so cute, time goes by too fast!! I love your school decorations, those are great !
Stephanie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Love the then and now photos! How precious!

Where DOES the time go?
Have a great weekend Sharon!
Hugs,
robin

Cottage Contessa said...

Sharon sweetie, all of your sons are just so handsome and sweet! I wish them the very best for this coming year in both school/work and all their sporting activities! Your decorations are simple lovely and beautifully arranged as always! I love to visit your blog, you always lift my spirits! Sweetie, I also wanted to let you know that you won the give away on my blog! I hope you like the prize?! If you could email me your address, then I will get the pacakge off to you early next week. I hope you have a wonderful weekend dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sondra said...

Oh, where does the time go? Can you believe your baby is in high school? I still have one more year of middle school. I love your decorations and love the old paint box. I remember those. I will be back on line next Wednesday. I will be doing a post about the wonderful package you sent me! I LOVE the cd and the little viintage card games! You are so sweet. I will catch up with you next week. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do here. I am at work- gotta go!

Judy said...

What a beautiful post. It makes me think of my children and how they have grown up. I'm finally catching up on blogs. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...