Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Everything is rosie!

It's amazing what can happen in 24 hours! My computer is all fixed! Thanks to my son, Mackenzie! He came over this afternoon and reinstalled AVG, Spybot and a computer cleaner. We had a lot of trouble with it, but it is all fixed now!

Thank you so much for all the prayers for my husband and for our son, Grayson. Eric made it through all three days of work just fine. He cut all the trees next to the dangerous power lines without a lick of trouble. I am so thankful to the Lord for protecting him! Grayson's knee is feeling better and he is determined to play in Friday's game. Please continue to keep him in your prayers. I would really appreciate it!

I walked this morning, came home and woke up the boys, took a shower, took Hayden to school early and then when I got back home I made some breakfast and headed out to the back deck to sit in the sun and do my Bible study. When I sat down I felt instant pain in the top portion of the back of my right thigh. It hurt so bad! I went inside and looked in the mirror and I got stung by a bee! Wow, that smarts!

I later cleaned my house and went to town to shop for a dress to wear to my son's wedding. I went to 10 stores and FINALLY found one! I am so excited. I like it a lot! I got the shoes, handbag and all the jewelry too! I feel so happy about this!

I came home to find I had the house to myself. My hubby was out golfing and the boys were at football. I made a batch of brownies and now I'm blogging. I made a big dinner last night, so we are having left overs, so now I get to relax.

I hope all of you have great evenings!

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High." Psalm 7:17

xox, Sharon

10 comments:

Connie said...

How could it NOT be rosie?!?!? Look whose blog it is!! LOL, sweet chick,
Smooches,
Connie

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love reading your good news (except the bee sting). I hope we'll get to see a photo of you in your finery after the wedding takes place.

Simply Stork said...

I just recived a nasty bee sting on my hand during a motorcycle ride with my husband just the other day...I think it was stunned!!! It's dead now! what nasty things bees are...ok I love honey but are bee stings worth it...I think I'm gonna switch to sugar...what about you??? (lol)

~simply~

ps thanks for stoppin' in for a visit with me today :o)

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Hi Sharon,

I have been reading your blog for a long time! And tonight once again I caught up on all your family doings! And I am glad with you that your son and husband are safe and well. But since I know you are a praying woman, could I ask for your prayers for my son? He called about an hour ago - and he is 24, and just recently joined a church where he is now living, and loves the Lord. But he just graduated from Michigan Tech, in the Upper Peninsula, and he does have a good job up there, but does NOT have insurance - and he just called saying he hurt his ankle tonight playing volleyball and he didn't know what to do. I told him to ice it, etc., but would love to ask you to really pray for him too, that it might be better by morning, and hopefully not need x-rays. I have been after him and after him to get insurance, but you know how that goes - young people think they are invincible! If you wanna see it, he put a picture of it up on Flickr, look under sprained or ankle or bencarlson in the search box. I don't really want to write about it on my blog, because I don't want to embarrass him, but I know I will be worrying about him all night tonight!

Anyway - I enjoy your blogging, you are SO faithful with it - and I am so sporadic at it - I much prefer to read everyone elses. Again tonight my sister told me I reveal too much about myself and my family on my blog - I just don't get what there is to be scared of?!

Agh - here I go on and on again - so anyway, keep up the good work, and hugs from Michigan - Diane

(I wonder if I should ask you to remove his name when you post this, my son, that is?)

Jan Parrish said...

So happy to hear this!

And the dress is a big deal! Great job.

My laptop died last night too. Ugh. I hope I can get is fixed.

luvmy4sons said...

So glad your computer is all fixed up! Gotta love those cmoputer geeks who get it all! LOL! Praying your son's knee is truly fine and incurs no futher insult at his game. My son is not fairing well after his concussion with persistent dizziness. No game this weekend though. Might have to take him to a neurologist. Keeping you in prayer.

Michelle said...

Hi Sharon ~ Aw, that's so exciting that you found everything you need for the wedding already! That's probably a good feeling to know it's all taken care of, huh?!

Sorry to hear about your bee sting...ouch! The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago and in the same spot, too. It hurt SO bad!

Glad to hear Eric got through work without incident ~ Praise God!

I'll continue to hold Grayson up in prayer :)

Enjoy your Thursday, Sharon!

Judy said...

I'm so glad all is well now, except for the bee sting (ouch). I will continue to pray for Grayson. I can't wait to see your new dress.
Have a good day today.
Judy

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
I'm so glad that your computer is up & running again. I was having "Rose of Sharon" withdrawals! LOL

I got stung by a bee the other day too ~ first time in YEARS. I was outside & it must have flew in my hair. I came in the house & I heard a buzzing near my ear & next thing I know it stung me on my arm. OUCH! Hope yours is feeling better by now. Mine itched like crazy the next day...

Hugs,
Mardell

Kathi said...

Praise God for Eric's safety this week and always. I will keep Gray's knee in prayer for the game.

I wish our team(s) played your team. Neither one plays you guys:( We can still come to one or two of your home games (I think and hope).

Brownies and blogging, don't get much better than that:)

I can't wait to see your pretty wedding clothes. I'm sure you will look so pretty in them. Could you please pray for me too? (Not that I am importan or anything in this wedding; just one of the aunts) but I'd like to find something in the Brittany's colors that looks pretty and stylish, and not too expensive. Thanks. Love ya loads, Kathi PS There is so much murder going on right outside my front door ~ Oh, did I forget to say that the dead bodies were mice? Our cats, we have 3, are doing a super job and each one must show his trophy for all to see. We get two or three new one each day ~ smile:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...