Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day on the river with the family

We wanted to take one last fun trip before summer was over, so we decided to drive a bit and take the boat to the beautiful Willamette River. I got busy and made egg salad sandwiches, one of our families favorite!
I have to make a lot of sandwiches to feed my three hungry men!
All packed up and ready to go!
Here we are at the boat landing. Hayden is helping his father get the boat ready.
Bailey and I waiting at the boat ramp. It looks like it is going to be a perfect day for boating!
We sit with the boat and watch it while Eric parks the truck.
Aah, nothing like finally getting out there on the water!
It's so beautiful. Oops, Gray's eyes are closed, but it is still a cute picture!!! And so relaxing.
This river offers a little of everything, there's a little white water.........
.........and lots of peaceful waters. It's just gorgeous. The Willamette River runs all through Oregon. Oregonians are very blessed with lots of rivers.
Eric LOVES to fish!
More white water........hold on!!!
Grayson looking for fish and eating his lunch.
Bailey had a great time!
Every year the rivers change. We had not been on this stretch of river for many years and it has changed a lot. Oh, oh, what is that ahead???
Trees from both sides of the river had fallen half-way.........can we make it through??? Yep, we got through. I was glad they didn't decide to fall all the way while we were under them!
The boys got out to swim and play with Bailey. I'm not sure what Grayson is doing here, but I think he's getting water out of his ear.
Eric and Hayden were goofing around.............
........they were pushing up against each other's back.
Now it's Hayden's turn to row. Eric has taught all four of our sons to row the boat.
I think this is wonderful. It makes them feel capable and gives them good self-confidence. He tried to teach me once, but I was not very good at it! You can see that Eric has a side benefit of the boys rowing........he gets to fish!
Well, I see the bridge coming up way in the distance and that is the boat ramp where we parked the other truck, so our trip is over. Now time to go home and clean everything up, eat dinner and watch a movie!

"If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river." Isaiah 48:18
Love, Sharon

7 comments:

A Romantic Porch said...

Such great family times. xo rachel

Linda said...

What a wonderful day on the river. I like your pig tails too. Hugs, Linda

p.s. Happy Birthday sorry this is so late...hope all your wishes come true:).

nana said...

Love your blog. You are blessed with a wonderful family! This is my first time commenting, but I read your blog every day!

Sharon said...

Hi Nana! Welcome to my blog! I am so glad you said hello! I tried to click on your name, but it didn't do anything. Do you have a blog? I would love to come visit. I hope you have a great weekend!

xox Sharon

nana said...

Oooops! Sorry Sharon. I do not have a blog. After reading blogs for about 1 year I actually just learned how to post comments last week! :) I'm afraid I am too technologically deficient to have a blog but I would love to one day! But I will continue to read yours and your sister Kathi's blogs. I love them both and feel uplifted by you both!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

Hi Sharon ~ Looks like it was such a fun trip! Glad you all had a wonderful time :)

Blessings,
Michelle

P.S. Thanks for the encouragement!

Kathi said...

What a wonderful day. The river is so beautiful. It's so good that the boys have learned to row the boat. Those sandwiches look great too. YOu are so cute. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...