Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day at the farm with Hayden...........

A few weeks ago, Hayden and I took a little trip to the country and went to this place. It is a wonderful little farm where they sell fresh produce. It's not just a farm, it is an experience!
They have the cutest thing set up in the back. It's Farmer Mike's Goat Walk. It is so unusual and so fun!
First you buy goat feed for a quarter.
Then you can feed the goats. The goats are so used to people and they just come right up to you.
You can put some feed in a little can and use the pulley system to hoist it up to the top where there are more goats. The goats have all these little walk ways, ramps and bridges to get up there if they want to. It is so much fun to do this!
We have visited this farm for many, many years and it seems like every time we come out there is something new and fun. My kids have always loved this place and so do I!
I probably shouldn't have worn white!
They have a wonderful store where there is a great selection of the choicest fresh fruits and vegetables.
We bought some corn. It wasn't quite in peek season yet, so still marked at 2 for $1.00. Now it is in peak season and selling for 4-6 for $1.00. We absolutely love fresh corn on the cob!
Here's Hayden picking out some plums.
This place is so cute. It's like out of some movie or something.
They have quite a variety of their own jams and jellies.
They also sell ice cream..........yummmmmm!
On the way home we stopped by to visit my parents.
Wow, Hayden has grown to be as tall as his Grandpa!
Here's a picture of my Daddy and me out in his beautiful yard. This is the yard that I played in when I was a little girl. They moved to this house when I was almost two. I have so many wonderful memories at this place!
Sitting on the back deck visiting.
Here's Hayden with his Grammie and Grandpa.
When we got home I cooked up the fresh corn. Oh my goodness it was delicious.
Eric whipped up some barbecued ribs!
We had fresh broccoli from the farm!
And we had some beautiful farm fresh plums and nectarines for dessert. What a great day!

"Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life and honor." Proverbs 21:21

Hugs, Sharon

18 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That looks like such a fun outing. And I enjoyed getting to see your parents.

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a wonderful fun day out at that farm. Now why didn't I think to take pictures? That is the place I bought my blueberries and didn't have my camera with me. The corn looks so good, and oh, wow those ribs are delicious.

Have a great day sweetie. Kathi

Kim said...

We go to a pick your own berry farm with a goat walk. It is so funny to watch them walk up and over. David would laugh and laugh the first time he saw it.

linda said...

Sounds like it was an all around great day!

The produce/fruit looks yummy!

Domestic Fashionista said...

How fun! We have a similar place like that where I live and I love going there at least once a year. There is something so fun about small town, fresh grown products. Life seems to slow down for an afternoon.

Mrs. Farrah said...

Sharon,

Thank you for asking me about Nathan. I love talking about him! He was a 35 week stillborn. The autopsy showed there was a blood clot on his side of the placenta. I have a blood clotting disorder and was being treated, but it never occured to them that he may have my disorder as well. The difficult part was all they had to do was give me baby asprin to thin his blood. I kept telling the doctors that he wasn't moving as much, but they wouldn't take him. Oh well, I now know this was the Lord's plan. Even 2 years ago this thought would have made me mad, but the Lord has healed my heart, which I'm ever so thankful.

A Romantic Porch said...

What a fun perfect summer day!

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, I know you don't check your email very often, so I wanted to ask on a comment that you don't need to publish.

I've been praying for your family and Cameron's decision. Just wondering how things are going?

Love, Rachel

luvmy4sons said...

What a fun day! The food looks great. These are special times of the two of you together you will cherish.

Sharon said...

Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for praying for Cameron and our situation. Just last night we talked about this again and he is going to wait until after the holidays. I am so thankful. This is an answer to prayer. I am going to post about this in the next few days. God is so good! Again, thank you for your prayers!

Hugs, Sharon

Sondra said...

I love fresh corn too. Nothing like it! Yum! That looks like such a great place to visit. Yep- I can't believe you wore white pants out there. LOL! I am finally back online! Yeah!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! I love fresh fruit. I grew up with fruit trees and I sure do miss them. The fresh fruit here in Arkansas is definitely lacking!

Sondra said...

Oh, Sharon I love the CD. I was going to do a post about it later. I have played it over and over in my car. It is so relaxing, soothing and uplifting- all in one. Of course 'Awesome God' is my favorite. My hubby was really impressed with the music and put the cd in his car to hear the bass! LOL! He plays guitar so he has an ear for those things. It really is a great CD. Please tell them I am enjoying it.

Stephanie said...

Hi there...
That looks like Baumans ?!
You have a beautiful family, your parents are so cute :)
Stephanie

Jan Parrish said...

So much fun and those peaches look delicious.

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hello, I`m Debbie and live in England!
I`m so glad to have found you beautiful blog!
You have such a lovely, fun and cheerfull family!
And your 4 Sons, Wow... I can`t believe that you are a mummy of 4 stunning Treasures! LOL
I can see where they got their good looks from!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

(FROM ENGLAND)

P.S- I hope that all goes well for your sons wedding!

Michelle said...

That looks like a fun place...glad you guys had a great time together! Your dinner sure looked delicious :)

Judy said...

What a fun day. You both look like you enjoyed yourselves. The corn looks awesome, I've yet to go get some from the local stands.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...