Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken.......

Here's another economical, yet delicious meal that I made in the crockpot. I purchased 3.5 pounds of drumsticks for $3.47. Now that's a lot of chicken legs!
I simply laid the drumsticks in my crockpot.
Then I put this new Lawry's marinade sauce on it. This flavor is Herb and Garlic.
I just opened the lid and poured it all over my chicken. I am loving these Lawry's Marinades, they are so easy and they taste delicious!
And girls, I was very careful as I handled my chicken, and I washed my hands in very hot water with antibacterial soap and I washed my counter with bleach water. It's so important to sanitize after handling chicken or any raw meat! I know ya'll know that, but just threw it in for a reminder!
Then I put my little cheater card on the counter by my purse and keys so I would remember to turn on the crockpot when I left for work! I turned it on low for 8 hours.
I came home at lunch time and checked on my dinner and it was cooking real nicely! It's starting to smell real good too!
Mmmmm! I just got off work and walked in the door and boy does our house smell wonderful! Look at that beautiful chicken! I just whipped up some white rice and green beans to serve with it and dinners ready! I didn't add up the cost of rice and beans, but I am thinking not much more than $2.00, so this whole meal, which served four, was only $5.47 and we did have leftovers! Oh, I almost forgot, I also need to add in the cost of the marinade sauce, which I believe was around $1.25, so lets see, that makes the grand total $6.72, divide that by four people and that equals $1.68 per serving, not bad!

Tell everyone to wash up and get to the table cuz it's dinner time!!!

"Every word of God is flawless." Proverbs 30:5

Hugs, Sharon

11 comments:

~~Deby said...

yummmmm....can almost smell it up here....I have also used those marinades for salad dressings....
great cheap meal...love those kind.
~deby

Kathi said...

Oh yum yum. Thanks for the recipe and tips Sharon. I love to see what's cookin' at your house. I'd like to pull up a chair right now. Love ya, Kathi

Pearl said...

Ohhh My... that looks so good... Thanks for the terrific dinner idea! So simple, healthy, colorful, and at a great price! We have not tried that brand of marinade, but I have added it to the grocery list. Crock pots are such a great appliance to have, aren't they?! I hope your day is filled with blessings and that you enjoy your dinner this evening... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

luvmy4sons said...

Almost makes me wish I ate meat again! Yum yum!

linda said...

I love crockpot cooking! I haven't tried this particular marinade but it sure sounds like I need to.

Have a great weekend Sharon!

Elena said...

Sharon, I love crockpot meals. I use my crock pot twice and week sometimes more. This sounds really great! I will put the marinade on my shopping list and try it soon. Blessings! Elena

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

We use those marinades a lot too, but I always buy the boneless, skinless chicken breasts for health reasons. I've used the garlic / herb marinade, and it's yummy.

Judy said...

Looks wonderful. I too clean up super good after handling chicken. You can't be too careful.
:)
Judy

Cottage Contessa said...

I love chicken, it's my favourite meat and I also love it when you show us these wonderful inexpensive crock pot meals! Delicious, I'll be right over! Have a great day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Linda said...

This crockpot dish looks delish, I've got to try the marinades. Aren't crockpots the best...I love mine too...hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Blessings Sharon in the name of our Lord! =)

This recipe looks so yummy, thanks so very much for sharing!!! =) I had a quick question about it...do you use the whole marinade? Also do you add any other liquid?

Im so into easy, fast yummy meals and this one sounds like a winner! thanks again for sharing!

God bless you richly today!

~Joy =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...