Monday, September 8, 2008

Brittany's Wedding Dress!!!!

I missed Brittany's wedding dress fitting back in June and I wanted to see her in her dress so badly. She had a good idea that when her special order veil came in that we would set up a time to go down to Dave's Bridal shop and she would model her dress for me with the veil.
This was a very special day to me and very meaningful. Because I have four sons, I have never gotten to do any of these types of things. I have not been in a bridal store for 26 years back when I was a bride picking out my dress!
Oh my goodness.......it is a magical place! There is something about the sea of white wedding dresses that just takes you away and reminds you of being a little girl dreaming about being a princess!
There were beautiful dresses everywhere you looked!
I had so much fun with my soon to be daughter. This day meant a lot to me. I love Brittany so much and am just thrilled she is going to be marrying my son!
Beautiful fabrics everywhere.
Look at all the beautiful jewelry!
I honored Brittany's request and did not take any pictures of her in her dress. She wants Mackenzie to be totally surprised. Believe me though when I tell you.......she looked stunning and her dress is gorgeous! Here she is picking up her shoes and accessories when she was done trying it all on for me.
Mackenzie will just have to wonder........"which one did she pick?"
We had so much fun looking at everything in the store. Afterward we went to the mall and got some coffee and sat for two hours talking! I am so thankful to the Lord for my sweet Brittany! What an answer to our prayers!

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3

Love, Sharon

18 comments:

Deb said...

Very nice Sharon, I am so glad that you love Mackenzie's pick and look forward to having a daughter of your own. I know this really make Brittany feel very special to be joining your family. Deb

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm so glad you were able to share this with her. My sister-in-law was the same way--thrilled to help with the wedding preparations for her son's fiancee. She doesn't have a daughter either.

I hope you post a photo of the dress after the wedding, because I'd love to see it.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I am so thrilled for you and happy myself for Brittany coming into our family. She is precious. I'm so happy you get your daughter that you always prayed for. What a truly magical day you had together. What a sweet post. Love, Kathi

Kristen said...

Oh that just sounds like so much fun! I have a daughter who is 15 and a son that is 10 and I pray that when my daughter does marry that she will have a loving mother in law. I love that it doesnt have to be the stereotypical relationship! You are a great mom!! Glad to be back!!!

Brenda said...

Im sure she will be beautiful in it.
What an honor for her to make you part of this special time.

luvmy4sons said...

How special. She is a beautiful girl. And it is so neat that you are forging your relationship already. I LOVED my mother-in-law and look forward to the day I get a daughter by marriage.

Cottage Contessa said...

What an exciting time in all of your lives you have coming up! Brittany would look stunning in anything because she's such a gorgeous looking young woman. I am thrilled for you that she is an answer to your prayers, what a blessing you are/will be to each other! Have a lovely day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

It is so wonderful that your dear Brittany wants you to be a very special part of her wedding. What a blessing she is to you.

I know how it feels never to have gotten to pick out party dresses, prom dresses and then wedding dresses. I did get to see one of my daughter in laws pick out hers -it was such a wonderful time for me.

It makes you have such butterflies. I remember having them when I picked out my wedding dress.

Yes, we want to see pictures after the wedding - she will make such a beautiful bride. You are blessed.

Willa

Kim said...

It is so wonderful that she loves and respects you enough to include you in these special moments. I hope when my one son is old enough his bride will be as giving as Brittany is.
I can't wait to see the dress she chose.

jojo said...

Hi Sharon,
I made my way over here from Marys Writing Nook...and it seems to have been perfect timing. I also have a son who was recently engaged and I cannot wait to become a mother-in-law. I hope to share in all the bridal traditions with my daughterto-be. I looks like you had a wonderful time. How lucky you are!
I'll come visit again soon, I enjoyed reading your posts. Take care.

jojo

Michelle said...

I'm so thrilled for you, Sharon, that you & Brittany enjoy such a wonderful relationship...that's absolutely AWESOME! Can't wait to see pictures of this special time in your lives...no doubt about it, Brittany is going to be a breathtakingly beautiful bride!

Judy said...

What a special daughter you are getting. I can't wait to see her in her dress. :)
Hugs,
Judy

BittersweetPunkin said...

Brittany certainly is a Blessing...I am so glad she will make a perfect addition to your family! I can't wait to see her dress either!

Jan Parrish said...

What a special time. I sure she'll be stunning. Bethany ordered her dress online and had it delivered to our house. Treasure this time. It flies by.

Kathy told me it's your Bday. I hope I'm the first to wish you a happy birthday. It's 1:30 MST. Have a fabulous time. I'm raising my bottled water to you. (((h))))

nannykim said...

Oh, I was sooo wondering if you were going to show the dress.....you could have banned your son from looking, but I guess the temptation would be to great. Exciting times!

Sondra said...

Oh, I can't wait to see which one she picked! So much fun for you to go with her. I am still waiting for that special girl for my boys. You are so blessed.

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, That is wonderful. I see how happy you are. I will keep praying for the perfect person for my children who will become MY children too by love. xo rachel

Sharon said...

Hi Willa,

Thank you for the sweet comment. I am truly excited about this! Your story is so sweet about your DIL too.

God bless you!

Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...