Friday, September 12, 2008

Birthday Fun and Football Fun!

Last Friday was a very special day! It was Mackenzie's 24th birthday! It also was a home football game for Grayson's football team. Above is a little collage display I made for Mackenzie's birthday to honor him.
I have some vintage clowns and some other fun items to honor him for his birthday.
I recently found these vintage birthday cards, aren't they sweet!
Eric and I, Mackenzie, Brittany and Cameron all had a birthday celebration dinner for Mackenzie (sorry it is such a dark picture!). Grayson and Hayden were not able to eat with us because they both had to be at the school for the football game. Hayden didn't get to play because it was a varsity game and he is on the JV team, but all the JV team was asked to dress down for the game.
He picked what dinner he wanted me to make. He ordered BBQ pork chops, macaroni and cheese, broccoli and my special fluffy orange salad (not pictured).
After the delicious meal we headed out to the game. I snapped this picture right after Eric and the boys and Brittany bought tickets to get in. I love how this picture turned out! Here we are watching the game. We had such a fun time in the stands. My boys are SOOOOO funny! We laughed a lot! They had a lot of fun cheering on their brother and are really proud of him. They also had a lot of fun walking down memory lane, as they attended this high school as well. Mackenzie graduated in 2003 and Cameron in 2004.
Eric's parents, Jim and Alice also came to the game. Here's Alice, myself and Brittany. Look at Alice's cute glasses! Also, way in the back ground is the score board, which reads Home Team 12, Visiting Team 6. Go Dawgs!

And here's Jim and Alice cheering on the team. It was a beautiful evening, the weather was perfect! Here's a picture of me with some of the other moms. We have been watching our kids play football since they were all in the third grade playing flag football. We have bonded and become such great friends. We all love our sons so very much and I feel so blessed to have these ladies for my friends. There are a few more mom's who are in our group but weren't in the picture. I am hoping to get a picture of all of us before the season is over. This is the last year we will all be together since our boys are seniors and we are all getting emotional about it!
Grayson got a touchdown! It was so exciting! Above is a picture of him making the touchdown! We were so proud of him! The bulldogs won 32-0! The whole crowd was so excited!
I got another shot of some of the team after the game. They are holding up two fingers for winning two games! Grayson is on the far left, he is #14.
My four sons whom I love so much and am so very proud of every one of them. Do you think they look alike? Grayson and I after the game.
We all headed back home to our house for cake and presents for Mackenzie's birthday.
Brittany made this beautiful dessert for Mackenzie's birthday. It is called tiramisu and it is delicious! It is a french dessert with ladyfingers, coffee and kalua. We all loved it! This was such a fun evening! I am so thankful for my family!

"Let reverence for the Lord be the concern of your life. If it is, you have a bright future." Proverbs 23:17-18

Love, Sharon

P.S. Grayson has another game tonight...........Go Bulldogs!

15 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun post! You have such a lovely family, Sharon :)

Our son Tyler is also a senior this year...it's really hard to believe how quickly our kids grow up, isn't it?!

Enjoy your weekend!

Judy said...

What a fun evening. My boys didn't play Football, they played Hockey. But, I know exactly what you mean about bonding with other moms. I have some moms that I have known for a long time through Hockey, and when we see each other again we have so much fun catching up. Congrats on the win and I hope the team does well tonight too.
Hugs,
Judy

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Yes, your boys look a lot alike. And it looks like a wonderful day.

(BTW, tirimisu is Italian. The name means "a little pick me up.")

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a fun day of celebration. You have such a joyous family. I love the way everyone loves and supports one another. That dessert looks very good. Have fun tonight. Love, Kathi

Kristen said...

What a lovely blog - lovely family and you are just gorgeous! (you don't look 47)!

What a special day for your family as well. I have to say I love all things football and could feel the excitement through your blog. Oh, and I love food too! Ha Ha... the pork and sauerkraut in the crockpot looks awesome!

Glad I found your blog!

jennifer said...

Hey Sharon! I was so glad to hear from you the other day!!!

I love your posts. You family smiles so brightly for your camera. They LOOK like they know you are going to blog about them and show how much they are loved.

I hope that you all have a great weekend.

Jen

luvmy4sons said...

21! Can you believe it? As always your life seems full of good times and great food! Happy birthday to your son...wow mom-21!

Jan Parrish said...

Looks like so much fun!

I love tiramisu. Goes great with coffee.

Do your boys look alike? Was that a joke? No question about it. :)

Mary said...

Sharon,

I enjoyed all the photos of MacKenzie's birthday. I especially like the vintage card. Cards were made special back in those days. Today so many are the same.

Glad the Home Team won the football game. Hope they win again tonight.

Blessings,
Mary

Sondra said...

It might be hard to say just from pictures but
I think the oldest three look alot alike (like dad), but Hayden looks more like you. Am I right? Is that what other say? If so, that is the same here. The baby of the boys, Autstin looks like me.

Brenda said...

yummy..looks like a fun time. I love tiramisu,but do not get often.
Oh I love reeses too girl.
Right now I am cooking for Chance and Ems anniversary party Saturday.

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Looks like everyone is having a GREAT time!!

Thanks for the visit today!!!

To get to know you better, you've been "tagged", by ME! Please visit my blog for info!!!

Jan

MyJourneyBack said...

How cool what a wonderful evening you all had. You are so totally Blessed but I know you know that!
Thanks for sharing.
And they are all so handsome and they do look so alike.
Smiles,
Sherry

Lille meg said...

Great! I am sure you had a nice day! Congratulaions to the birthday boy!
The dessert seems very yummy!
Have a nice weekend!

Kelly said...

I love tiramisu! Make sure that Brittany and Mackenzie get that kitchen fixed up - any gal making tiramisu must be a great cook! It's my annual Christmas eve dessert. :o)

Great pictures, Sharon! Sorry to hear about Hayden's team and praying about his knee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...