Saturday, September 13, 2008

Answered Prayer

A few weeks ago I asked you to pray about a situation regarding my son, Cameron, please click here to see the original post about it. Long story short, he had informed us that he wanted to move up to Spokane, Washington. This was a very sudden and unexpected announcement. I did not have a peace about it and so was in prayer continually about it.

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
I Peter 5:7

Cameron, Eric and I had a good, serious talk about it and discussed all the different angles of it, but Cameron was still determined he was moving. A few days later Cameron went up to Spokane for a two week vacation. I prayed and I fasted. When he came home he talked with us and due to a lot of different circumstances, he has decided to wait until January of 2009. I feel soooo much better about this. This gives us a chance to go up and visit the area and see where he would be living, working and attending church. I feel a peace now about this. I feel like God has totally answered my prayers. I do realize that he still will be leaving, but I guess what I really needed was a little time to soak it all in. I also feel like if he waits until January and still does go, I will feel more like the Lord does indeed want him there.

Cameron with Mackenzie and Brittany taking a lunch break after working hard on their new home. August 2008

Lately the whole family has been pitching in and helping Mackenzie and Brittany with their new home, as it was in disrepair and needed lots of work. Cameron said he really saw how important family is to have around you to be there for you and help in times of trouble and rejoice in times of joy.

Cameron with Mackenzie ripping up the old carpet at Mackenzie's new house. August 2008

I am so thankful for the Lord and His amazing timing! It was neat that Mackenzie and Brittany did not get possesion of their new home until the very week that Cameron came back and was not back at his job yet, so he had the time to go over there and help a lot. He saw the value of being close to family!

I think, why did we have to go through that couple of weeks of major stress and upset? I don't know perhaps it was a lesson for me that I do need to let go of my children and trust the Lord. I don't know, but I am thankful that God is with us through our trials and He always works things out for His good.

I want to thank all of you out there who prayed for our family about this issue! I really am so grateful and thankful for you!

"Approach the throne of grace with confidence , so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

With thankfulness in my heart, Sharon

12 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I am so glad for your answered prayer! Come by my place I have an award for you.

Sondra said...

I am so glad that your prayers were answered. That will give both of you more time. I think it is great that they are all working together on the house.

A Romantic Porch said...

God is so awesome. Thanks for letting us know. xo rachel

Christy said...

Sharon~

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. It's nice to meet you!

What a great testimony of how faithful God is!!!

I must also tell you that I love your dog. My husband would love to own one some day. Until then, he will have to put up with our 3 westies:)

Have a nice weekend!

Deb said...

The Lord is Good. He *does* answer prayer. And he comforts, and you know when it's *Him*, when you *stand* and *listen*. Deb

Connie said...

Sharon, my heart ached for you reading your original post and this one. I truly know how you must be feeling. I am going through this empty nest feeling too. It is so difficult giving our children wings and even more difficult to have the strength to watch them fly. Remember: The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (James 5:16) God bless.

Linda said...

I'm thankful your prayers were answered...this gives you a little time to get use to the possible move and if it's meant to be it will be.
The house is coming right along, it's wonderful everyone is pitching in....hugs, Linda

Connie said...

We hate to let them go, but that's why we have them. To love them and teach them to be independent and go out into the world and live a Christ-centered life, chickee. Looks like they're fulfilling their mission in life. ;-)
Smooches,
Connie

Lori said...

As a mom to 5, with the oldest 3 leaving the nest, I understand those anxious feelings. Thank the Lord he gives us the desires of our hearts. You have Cameron home. Bless you, Lori

Michelle said...

Amen, Sharon...prayer is indeed a powerful thing! I'm so glad to hear how things have worked out in this situation. Cameron is a very wise young man to realize the value of being close to family :)

I'd have to say that was a HUGE reason why we moved back to MI after living in NC for several years...Bobby missed his family SO MUCH :) I have to admit I was not happy about the decision but now - 3 years later - I'm so glad we're geographically close by our families (1 hour away)...their support of what I'm going through has been wonderful.

Happy Sunday to you!

Kathi said...

What a wonderful answer to prayer, Sharon. God does things in such amazing ways. Love ya, Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

God is so good in that He is giving you a chance to process all of this. My guess it will hard on him to leave his brothers and family as well. But the good news is that he is around for the festivities and holidays! (((h)))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...