Monday, August 11, 2008

A visit to Peaceful Haven Farm!

Because I have been so busy this summer, I am just now able to catch up with my blogging on our summer doings. A couple of weeks ago Hayden and I took a little drive out to the country to visit my sister, Kathi, and her family at their beautiful gray and white farm house. Isn't it just a beautiful place! I like to call it Peaceful Haven Farm!
Here's a picture of their beautiful 100 year old barn! Isn't it amazing! They have 82 acres of beautiful property. It is so quiet and peaceful there, I just love it.
Here we are at the front door! I hope they're home! LOL! Of course they are, they are expecting us! About 15 years ago we started staying at each other's homes in the summer. We have so many wonderful memories of staying at each other's homes. All our children used to play together for hours and have so much fun and Kathi and I would steal moments away to catch up and encourage each other as young mothers. Over the years we have established traditions such as staying up late watching movies, going to some body of water to play (a pool, lake, creek or river) and going to thrift stores and garage sales.
Here's Kathi and her girls Jessica and Victoria. We were looking at the old high school annual before the big 30th class reunion. It was fun showing the kids our old high school pictures and for some strange reason they were laughing!
Here's her son, Garrett. He ran into the house looking for a cool treat in the freezer.
They have an amazing river that runs right through their property. It is so beautiful and really fun to play in. This section is only a few feet from their house! Here is Hayden, Victoria, Garrett and Jessica playing in the river. We often call it a creek because it is not a very large river.
Here's Hayden taking it easy!
Living on a farm is hard work, but visiting a farm is great fun! I took this picture through the kitchen window, it is Hayden chilling out with his cousin Garrett on their patio. Actually, for them, it is hard work, but they all love it and they all have lots of fun too. The quality of life is so high out there!
Kathi has a beautiful rose garden with the most beautiful roses. Here's a picture of her cutting some roses to put in her house. Isn't she cute!
Her husband helps take care of them to keep them in top shape.
I love this picture. The roses are just gorgeous, but you can see her charming farm house in the background.
Kathi's husband, Stacey, made us a big bonfire. It was fun sitting around it and visiting. Kathi and Stacey are great hosts. They always make everything fun. They always have really good food and play really awesome music. Here's Stacey, myself, their son, Harrison and my son, Hayden sitting around the fire chewing the fat!
Hayden and Garrett took a little four wheeler ride in the field. I love all the cows in the background. They are such beautiful animals.
Later the kids went on a bike ride. The next day we went to garage sales and the junk stores. We stopped for a little picnic at a park. Kathi's oldest son, Harrison, was working during this time. He drives a combine all day. All her kids are such wonderful kids who are so fun to be around and they love the Lord so much!
Here's me and Kathi at one of her favorite stores, Buckingham Palace. Isn't it awesome!
Kathi and Jessica were checking things out!
Oh, it looks like I found sound neat ruby glassware! We both found lots of treasures on this day!
Well, our visit is over and it is time to say goodbye to Kathi and her family in the gray and white farm house. Tomorrow I will share more pictures of her beautiful home.

"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" I Samuel 25:6

Fondly, Sharon

13 comments:

Rosemary said...

oh wow, what a lovely place to live! Your sister is very lucky :) I guess i've never asked you what part of the country yall live in? I'm in Texas, down near houston. Rosemary

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh how sweet of you to feature Kathi and her beautiful home and farm. Such wonderful memories you have made. xo rachel

Kathi said...

Thank you Sharon, For all the nice things you wrote about me, my family and our farm. We just love having you out here. You are always welcome. I love you and hope you have a great day today. Love, Kathi

luvmy4sons said...

Her place is so great...and your relationship is so neat. What an awesome thing the two of you have! Hugs!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You two are so lucky to have each other and to still be so close. When I was little, I always wanted a sister.

Those really are lovely photos of the farm.

And is that a new photo of you up at the top? You look very pretty in it.

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Wow, this is an awesome post Sharon! So wonderful to see not only Kathi's lovely farm and beautiful family, but also to see the close and loving relationship you two share as sisters. You are both truly blessed to have each other and your amazing families! Hope you're having a great start to the week sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Aaron said...

I love Kathi's place. It looks so peaceful. I have no idea how she keeps up with all the work. That store looks so neat!

Sondra said...

Sorry, I was signed in under Aaron's name.

Kelly said...

Oh my, how much do I love that the store was called Buckingham Palace?! Fabulous! I also love that you've named her farm Peaceful Haven. :o) It sounds and looks like a beautiful refuge. My cousins Jesse and Mackenzie grew up on a farm and we used to visit them in the summer and stay for a week. I loved it but never thought that I'd go country...lo and behold, things change, LOL!

Great photos, Sharon! Hope that you're having a lovely start to the week, mama!

Terri and Bob said...

What a fun trip. I love that you and your sister are so close. I love that porch!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, I always say she lives in just the most fun place. I am such a farm girl stuck in the city.This is the type of home and farm you dream of! I just love to see pictures of it when either of you post. You guys and your kids must have a blast there! thanks for sharing and look forward to more!

Love,
kelly

Jan Parrish said...

Beautiful. They could really open up a bed and breakfast there.

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for sharing your fun visit to your sister Kathi's home. What a beautiful home and family. They are truly a blessed family.That looks like a awesome thrift shop ya'll visited. Bet you found lots of goodies there. It's great you and your sister are so close....

Blessings, Shelley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...