Saturday, August 2, 2008

A very fun anniversary day!

What a great way to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary! We spent the whole day together doing fun things! We started by going out to our friends berry farm and picked blueberries!
We had such an amazing time. The sun was shinning and it was absolutely beautiful out there in the country air!
Our youngest son, Hayden, came along with us.
I am not exactly the young spring bride that Eric married, especially on this morning, LOL! I had my hair in piggy tails, I have not worn it that way for many, many years! Can you see where I spilled coffee on my leg? Hey, it's hard to balance a coffee cup in one hand while you are trying to pick blueberries with the other hand!
Eric is busy picking the awesome berries.
Aren't they gorgeous?
We did a lot of snacking as we were picking!
We finally filled the bucket!
All done, time to go home now!
What a glorious morning! Look at those beautiful berries!
After that we went back home and showered and just Eric and I headed to the big city. We met with the caterer to discuss the wedding rehearsal dinner that we will be giving for our son, Mackenzie and his fiancée Brittany. It was so nice to get that all taken care of and we are so excited about it. We picked a darling Italian restaurant with lots of atmosphere and delicious food. After that we went out to lunch and then we went to the park to feed all the birds.
It is so fun! They all come right up to you and surround you.
This year they seem much more brave and came much closer than before. I got them to eat right out of my hand.
Look at this cutie! I think she is a goose, but I am not sure.
Then we went out for a lovely dinner at a very romantic little spot, which just happens to be the same Italian restaurant we are having the rehearsal dinner at! Eric took this picture of me before we left.
Then I took this picture of him. I still think my hubby is a hunk!
Things are different than they used to be 26 years ago......we both need glasses to read the menu!
The food was fabulous! Eric ordered spaghetti with clam sauce and I ordered the eggplant Parmesan. Oh my goodness......it was delicious!
Our waitress took this picture of us. What a romantic date. What a happy day! Here's to 26 more years!!!!

"Marriage is to be held in honor among all." Hebrews 13:4a

Hugs, Sharon

24 comments:

Richard D said...

Happy anniversary, Sharon and Eric. It looks like you had a wonderful day! And congratulations on your completing your first 26 years. Here's looking forward to the next 26!

nannykim said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day!! I love blueberries--they look so yummy!

Scrappy Jessi said...

what a fun day.
and yes you do look like a young bride.
wow 26 years. yahoo. that's great.
hope you made lots of treats with all those yummy berries.

oxoxo,
jessi

luvmy4sons said...

What a wonderful day. Those blubereies looked fabulous! Thanks for your kind and encouraging words on my blog. It means a lot to know someone has gone before and survived it and to hear that your feelings are understood!

Cherish the Home said...

Happy Anniversary, I wish you many more wonderful years together! Sounds like you two had a lovely day together. (o:

Linda said...

What a great day! You are a darling couple and here's to at least 26 more happy years together. Hugs, Linda

Brenda said...

Congrats this couldn't happen to a more beautiful couple. you have not aged 26 years worth!
Much love, Brenda

Judy said...

What a wonderful day you guys had.
Yum! Blueberries. You look like you have enough for some pies.
:0
Judy

Mary said...

Sharon,

Congratulations to you and Eric on 26 years of marriage. That is a milestone, for sure.

It looks like you had a wonderful day. I wish you many more happy anniversaries.

Blessings,
Mary

claire said...

Congratulations!!! What a great day you had!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That looks like so much fun. I wish there were blueberry farms around here. (Our soil is too alkaline.)

Wishing you many, many more years together.

Mimi said...

I would say that year # 26 was a good year...I wish for you many many more!!!

~~Deby said...

Sharon,
Sounds like your day was just *perfect*.....we love marriage and being with each other like you both too....we are indeed...Blessed Women.
~~deby

yellowfarmhouse said...

Hi Sharon - Happy Anniversary to you and Eric - looks like you had a wonderful day.

Hugs - Karen

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, What a fun fun day and romantic evening!! You are such a beautiful couple. I'm so happy for you. Love, Kathi

Ruthie said...

What a perfect day!!!
Congratulations.
Hugs.

shekinahhvac said...

happy anniversary!!!!!you are beautiful.
blessings

cherished*vintage said...

Happy 26th! Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Here is to many many more fun-filled years together!
-Karoline

SweetAnnee said...

Happy Anniversary to
you and honey hunk..it looks like
a great day..and you look LOVELY
at the restaurant..
love to you
deena

Beth said...

What a nice day, blueberries are my favorite! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Jaderocks said...

What a great day. The blueberries looked yummy and I love eggplant parmesan I would have ordered that too. What a charming anniversary.
Roxy

Kelly said...

God Bless the two of you!!! You are so fortunate! And I swear you look about 20 years old in that pic with the pig tails!! Soooo cute! And you both look great for dinner, what a fun day!

Kelly said...

Happy, happy, happy belated anniversary Sharon and Eric! What a joy it is to share in your celebration here at the blog - it looked like a blast!!

Rosemary said...

Happy anniversary! Looks like you had a lot of fun :) Hubby and i celebrated our 30th on the 5th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...