Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prayer request

Cameron jumping off in a leap of faith

Cameron, our son, came to us and told us that he feels the Lord is calling him to move to Spokane, Washington, which is an 8 hour drive from us. He has been in deep prayer about this and has been spending a lot of time in God's word and truly feels like this is what he is supposed to do. He wants to follow the Lord and take this leap of faith.

My husband and I discussed this with Cameron and at this point we do not have the same sense of peace that Cameron has. Will you please pray for all of us that we all will be following the Lord and that all of us will know that this is His will for Cameron?

Cameron is standing on the rock of the Lord. He has a strong foundation in the Lord. He is like the wise man who built his house on the rocks.

We are so proud of him because he feels he is being called to a church and he wants to work with the kids up there at that church and do ministry work for the Lord. I can't think of a better reason to go. I just know I will miss him terribly and this decision was made so suddenly (three weeks). I guess I am a person that needs a little more time, but I do not want to hold him back. I do not want to get in the way of the Lord. I want to support Cameron. I just don't want it to be painful.

We are such a close family and I keep thinking about that Mackenzie is getting married in October, will Cameron miss out on extra activities revolving around that? It also is Grayson's senior year and Cameron will not be able to attend any of his sporting events or special ceremonies. Hayden is heading into high school and really loves spending time with his cool older brother, Cameron, and he will miss him a lot. Also, what about Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc. I know I sound selfish, but I am trying to be honest.

Cameron and I in June of this year. I love this picture and I love my son!

I know this is nothing compared to mothers who lose their children to a sudden car accident or whose children join the service and go to other countries. But it is far away to us and it does hurt. Please pray for healing of our family and a sense of peace for all of us. We want the best for our son. We dedicated him to the Lord when he was just a few months old and have prayed over him his whole life. If this is God's true plan for him, we have no choice but to support it. I guess we just want to really know in our hearts that it really is indeed God's plan. I pray that God will just press it on my heart that this is His will and it will all be okay.

Thank you very much for your prayers. You are all so awesome.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.' " Isaiah 41:10,13

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in you." Isaiah 26:2

"God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 19-20

Love, Sharon


21 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I SO understand your heart on this day that I left my son at the airport to head to California 2100 miles from Ohio. I SO understand. I am told it gets easier. Praying for you. Hugs.

Kathi said...

Sharon, I will indeed, and have been, in prayer over Cameron. He is truly standing on the solid ROCK of Christ. I love your honesty and openness about this. We bloggers will join together and pray for peace and God's direction in all of this. Love sister, and Auntie Kathi

Michelle said...

Sharon ~ Oh yes, I'll be in prayer for your family regarding this situation :)

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon ~ I'm feeling your pain. I will certainly keep Cameron & your entire family in prayer. Thanks for sharing this with us. We're here for you! :o)

Hugs,
Mardell

PS: LOVE Kelli's home! Just beautiful (and so is she ~ Happy B-day to Kelli!)

Rosemary said...

oh my, i feel your pain! My darling daughter wants to attend college in Lubbock next fall and its 9 hours away from Houston. Will certainly pray for you! ROsemary

Linda said...

As a mom I know how you are feeling. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. If this is God's plan you will feel peace and comfort and just know it is the right thing. Hugs, Linda

Kim said...

I will be in prayer for you and your family in this decision. So many changes in one year.
But, doesn't it give you wonderful comfort that God is in charge and not us. He has lead me down paths I would never have chosen for myself but was very thankful for the journey.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

I will be praying for you and your family - that if this is God's will, you will have peace.

Its so hard when our children make decisions we don't at first feel is right - but it is great that Cameron is willing to go where God is calling and is in the Lord's ministry. It is better than the mother who so wishes one of her own will return to God's leading in his life.

I am one of those mother's with our oldest son and family - they haven't been in church for years now. I know that the Lord is going to do something there, though. We go to church with our youngest two sons and their families. All of our sons were dedicated to God at a few months old and raised in church and a Godly home.

Didn't mean to go on and on - I guess I needed to say that - and to further claim that this son will come back in full fellowship with the Lord.

But I know as a mother, it is so difficult to not see your child regularly. That will be so hard.
You never know maybe God will lead Cameron to come back at least somewhere near you later on and it might not be that long.

God is good and will bless you through all this.

Willa

Karen said...

I came to your site via Luvmy4sons, I haven't kept up with blog (Karen of Karen's Ramblings and seem to have wound up more on Facebook these days!). I pray that you have peace over this decision and God's grace. I am an only child who left home at 19 to join a Missionary organisation...I came back home but from then until the age of 28 I was going away for stretches of time. Aged 29 I met my Kiwi husband to be (I am British) and I left the UK for good in November 1998. I realise now how hard it must have been for my Mum, but she always encouraged me to go for it. I hadn't seen my parents for 4 years and so it was very special for me to go to the UK in June for 1 week (my husband stayed home in NZ and cared for our two children aged 7 and 5) so that I could do this, that trip was a gift from God. Truly wonderful, his favour and his grace.

Sometimes I think how nice it would be if my parents could see their Grandchildren - we went over with our son in 2002 when he was 15 months and went over in 2005 when he was 3 and our daughter 17 months, so they've met our son twice and our daughter once...but I have a lovely family here in NZ and we are all OK with the situation.

Blessings to yo :-)

Amy Ellen said...

I will be praying for all of you. We have not gotten to that point yet as our oldest is going to be 17 this year. I know it will eventually be coming, but I hope it takes it time. I so enjoy visting your blog. The pictures are always so great. Looks like you all had a blast at your family reunion. Thanks for sharing
Amy

Kelly said...

Sharon you do NOT sound selfish, you are loving, caring and a wonderful Mom! I will pray that all of you will do God's will.

Many Blessings~
Kelly

beautifulpeartreelane said...

Sharon,we will join everyone in prayer over this matter,as parents we have gone through similar
circumstances,but God is always faithful and He
loves our children much more than we do. In reading
your blog over the past few months it seems that Cameron has got his act together.It seems that he has had some very good examples.

God bless!
Sue

Jan Parrish said...

Sharon, the kids usually leave before we are ready. There is nothing that will really prepare you for it. Even when you think you're ready.

He's already moved out so that will make it easier but a mothers heart aches to see her children go.

God will take care of him and it's His timing, not ours. This may be the perfect time for him. For you, there will never be a perfect time.

I'll be praying for you all. (((h))) I know what this is like and my hearts and prayers are with you.

A Romantic Porch said...

Ah, I will pray Sharon. Wow, the love and emotion that a godly mother feels at times seem unbearable. xo rachel

Judy said...

You don't sound selfish you sound like a mother who loves her child. It's hard to let them go I know. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Sharon said...

Mardell,

Thank you so much for your prayers, I really appreciate them.

Hugs, Sharon

Sharon said...

Willa,

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I am so sorry to hear about your son. I will pray for him that he will come back to the Lord. It is so hard being a mom sometimes. You pour your whole heart and life into them and it is hard when it is time to leave. We constantly worry.....but we need to be giving it all to God instead. I feel everyone's prayers and I am feeling better about Cameron's move. Thank you so much my friend!

Hugs, Sharon

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I'll be praying for Cameron,and you and your family. It's very difficult for us as moms when following God's will means our children have to move away. We know they're in His hands, but we still miss them terribly. I'll be lifting you up sweet friend!!
Love, Velvia

Laura said...

Sharon,

If God is calling Cameron, he has to go. God may not give you the answer - only Cameron. My husband and I are in ministry and if it were up to our parents, we would not be where we are for sure! But there is no doubt we serve where the Lord has called us!!

I will pray that Cameron will be sure and the Lord will let you be ok with that decision!

Praying for you guys!
Laura

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Forgive me for being negligent in visiting. There is so much change here.

I will be praying for Cameron and you too. May God reveal His will clearly to everyone and may He comfort your heart if Cameron does move.

Gina

Pearl said...

Sharon... please know that you and your dear family have my prayers... I trust that God will lead you all down the right path, always...

~hugs~
Pearl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...