Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Fence

Another one of our big projects this summer was getting a new fence. Are you starting to believe me now that I have been busy!

Here is a picture of the fence before. It was looking pretty ratty. We only had to do one third of the backyard fence because my husband made the other two thirds when we moved in and this section was already in existence. At the time (14 years ago) it was still in good shape. When the current homeowner put his house on the market he wanted to build a new fence. We said we would be happy to go in on it and help pay for our section. The neighbor actually hired a fence company to come and put it in, so we didn't have to do much on this project except my hubby and sons helped tear down the old one. Here's a picture of our yard while standing in the neighbor's yard. You can see that the fence is gone and the new posts are in. The problem was keeping our dog happy and safe for six days without a fence! We had to keep her leashed up or in the house or in the garage. That was hard on her and hard on us! You can see Bailey in the background sitting in our grass and she is all tied up. The boys were really good about going back there and unleashing her and playing with her. Here's a picture of Hayden and Bailey, they were playing when I was taking pictures of the fence.
Finally, it is all done! Isn't it pretty! We are happy with how it turned out. Now Bailey can play all she wants in the secure backyard! Whew.......another project checked off the list!

Even though we did not have to do the physical work of making the fence, it still was a stressor in our lives with preparing for it and keeping our dog back there without a fence. Also, you would not believe the timing of all of these projects either! It was all during the time in June when Cameron graduated from college and we were having a party for him, we had Hayden's 8th grade graduation, we started babysitting Cameron's kitty, Wheeler, and Wheeler ran away from home for four nights! Also, I went on my annual trip with my girlfriends, the Bag Ladies for three nights. As soon as I got back on a Saturday, the workmen came that next Tuesday to install the heat pump! Oh my goodness.....what a summer! I am looking forward to having no plans the next couple of weeks!

I hope you are having a great weekend!

"But You are a shield around me, O Lord, You bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Psalm 3:3

Hugs, Sharon

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Sharon,

You have the most adorable home! We're installing a fence, too, if we end up staying and not moving. Yours looks great! I toyed around with white vinyl as an option but like the look of wood better. Great job!

Jan Parrish said...

Great new fence. We're needing to do that too. Hmm. Next summer?

Thanks for participating in my intervention. :) I hope it works.

Sondra said...

Oh my goodness Sharon. Where do you find the time or the energy? It must feel so good to have gotten so many projects done. Stop by and see all my good news :)

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sharon..
I have two awards for you please come over to my blog okay!! Hugz Lorie

Sunflower Farm said...

Isn't it nice to check off all these projects as done. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

You have a cute home! The fence is awesome!!

Kathi said...

I love your new fence. Wow. Now that's a lot of work and it looks so great. Hugs, Kathi

Judy said...

The fence looks great. We have had summers that have been so busy I couldn't wait until the winter months came to slow down things.
I enjoyed the photos of your stay at your sisters. Buckingham Palace does look like an awesome store.

Kelly said...

The fence looks awesome! And I betcha Bailey loves it more then anyone!!! try and relax for the rest of the summer, you have been so busy, and they were all BIG things too!

Love,
kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...