Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More pictures of my sister's house

Here are a few more pictures of my sister Kathi's house. Hayden and I took a little trip and stayed with her and her family for a few days earlier in the summer. We had such a great time!
Their property looks like a park! It is so beautiful and groomed.
Kathi's husband, Stacey, is a collector of vintage John Deer tractors. Here is one of his prize tractors on display under the gazebo.
This is a light post in the middle of their yard. There is some kind of neat vine growing up it and it is covered with vintage license plates and a few whimsical bird houses.
Here's another view of their home. I love the front porch and the bay window. There is so much character to their farm house. I love the swam birdbath out in the front, it is so beautiful.

Another view of their yard.
When we got their they had just picked all their onions.
Aren't they beautiful! Kathi did a post a few weeks ago about how she braided them together to store them for the winter. I'm proud of my sister for being such a great farm wife.
She has the cutest old pantry; it is original to the old farm house, which I think is now over 100 years old! Most of the house has been remodeled and updated, but thank goodness all the previous owners kept the pantry original!
Kathi does all this canning herself! Isn't this impressive! She does beans, pickles, peaches, apples, pears and much more. She also makes quite a variety of jellies and jams.

Here's a picture of their pretty dining room.
Here's their living room. It is so relaxing and beautiful.
I love this cabinet, it is full of wonderful antique treasures.
Stacey's mother gave them this beautiful piano. I love how she displays it.
Well, it's time for our visit to end. Thank you for joining on this little tour of my sister's home! Next time your in her town, I am sure she would love to have you sit a spell and have a cup of coffee with her!


"This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." Proverbs 3:5-8


Hugs, Sharon


12 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, Thank you for all the sweet things you said and pretty pictures you've displayed of my home. You've now given me an idea about your home ha! Two can play this fun game. I am coming for a visit your home very soon. I can't wait. I love you and hope you have a wonderful day. Oh, and yes, it is the high school blog. I will show you a sneek preview. Hugs, Kathi

Kelly said...

I am tellin ya she could charge admission to visitors!!! I just love it, the farm, the house! And what a greta harvest they have.....and the pantry, who wouldn't love that! She is for sure the master canner! thanks for sharing I enjoyed it!

Love,
Kelly

Mardell said...

Oh my! Kathi has a lovely home! :o) How far do you two live from each other? I'm am in awe of the pantry! I would LOVE to be able to can stuff like that. Their homestead is like a slice of heaven on earth. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Mardell

Liz said...

This home SO fits Kathi. I really enjoyed these photos, and that pantry. Wow.

Connie said...

SharoooOOOooonnnn, it looks WONDERFUL, sweet rose of sharon!! I looked at every pix and just marveled at how that woman cans. I used to but not any more. Gettin' toooooo old for that, chick! But tell your sis I'm infected with admiration for the way they have done that old house. Plus my hubs is a BIG John Deere fan!! Ooooeeeee how he'd love to see them all that your BIL collects. He lusts after them! Hah.
Smoochies,
Connie

linda said...

What a beautiful home Kathi has, along with it's gorgeous property. Thank you for the tour.

Cottage Contessa said...

Thank you for this absolutely gorgeous tour! What a beautiful place to live such a lovely life! If we're ever in the USA we'd love to pop in for a cuppa! lol
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Linda said...

Hi Sharon...It was fun visiting Kathi's lovely home. So many pretty rooms and what a beautiful setting. It would be so fun just to sit on the front porch and just enjoy! Her pantry is awesome and all the wonderful canning...love it.

Buckingham Palace looks like a true treasure trove...I know I'd enjoy poking around there...and the shelf you rescued awhile back looks so pretty in your bedroom. Have a great week...hugs, Linda

p.s. I like all your new sidebar pictures..you all look great.

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, How sweet of you to share about Kathi, and her beautiful home and farm...makes me want to live there too! xo rachel

Jan Parrish said...

What an amazing place. I love those dinning room chairs. Looks like a ton of work to keep up.

Joyfulsister said...

Hi sharon

What a beautiful beautiful home and farm land.. I enjoyed this special tour.
I had a neighbor in kentucky who did canning and I loved the bread and butter pickles.. Now I want some!!! lol. I also love the look of your blog so cheery and inviting..

Hugz Lorie

luvmy4sons said...

Wow. Such a beautiful place and so beautifuly kept. You both have the gift of great home making. I wish I could live there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...