Friday, August 1, 2008

Memories light the corners of my mind........

Yesterday was our 26th wedding anniversary! We had such a great day! We did a lot of different things that I will share with you on Saturday. Just about every year on our anniversary I get out our wedding book and we look through all the pictures and talk about all the great memories. I wanted to share with you some of the pictures from our album.
Above is a picture of me at my family bridal shower that my cousin, Anna, threw for me. I am standing in the center with (from left to right), my mother-in-law, Alice, my mother, my sister, Kathi, and my sister, Kelli. The year was 1982, such a long time ago! Do you like my "Farah Fawcett" hair??? Ha!
Here's a picture of my mother and I at the shower that the girls from my work gave me. I worked at a department store with so many wonderful women. There were lots of older women who took me under their wings and taught me many things. It was so much like a family at that old store! They don't make them like that anymore. My sister, Kathi, got a job there too and that was such fun working with her! Here's Eric and I standing in front of the "get away" car for our honeymoon. It was all decorated with shaving cream and TP, and we had tin cans tied to the back. What a fun time in our lives! My mother made my dress for me! I wanted a dress identical to it that was at the store I worked at, but it was way too much money, so she copied it exactly and made it for me! What a loving thing to do. Thank you so much Mom for doing that for me! You did a beautiful job on it!
We drove to California for our honeymoon and we went to the giant Redwood trees.
We also went to the beach, it was beautiful!

On the last weekend we went camping. I had never gone camping before and this would be the first of many, many camping trips that we have taken! I am so happy that Eric introduced camping to me!
Here's our first home. We rented a cute little tiny duplex. We had no money and we were living on love. It was tiny and we did not have much, but we took pride in our home and we loved it, and we were happy. That is our dog, Isaiah with Eric standing in front of our first home.
Here are some pictures of the inside. I have come a long way with my decorating skills! Baskets were all the rage back then and I had baskets EVERYWHERE in our home! Many of our things were hand-me-downs from our parents. I didn't know about Goodwill back then, but I was soon to learn though! I think Goodwill changed my life! LOL!
Above are pictures of the kitchen, it was small, but boy do I have good memories there! Everything was so new and exciting for us. We did not live together before we got married, so it was so special for us. I remember when we came home from our honeymoon and we both had to go back to work on Monday. I felt like I was playing house! The first meal I made was meatloaf and baked potatoes. It was so much fun! Eric put that garden in too.
While I was getting the wedding albums out, I came across these old posters that I made for Eric when we were dating. It's cute because he actually kept them for a couple of years and when we got married I found them and tucked them away safely with our other mementos. As a teenage girl I spent a lot of time cutting out cute words and phrases and glued them on poster board and added some pictures of the two of us. I was a girl in love!

Thanks for walking down memory lane with me! I'll show some pictures of our fun anniversary day. Have an awesome Friday!

“Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth” I John 3:18

Hugs, Sharon

13 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! Congrats & happy 26th Anniversary! I posted a msg. on the other post, but I don't know if it worked?

I love seeing the "old" photos of the two of you. :o) So happy & in love ~ and still are. How wonderful!

I really smiled when I saw your poster boards with the cut out words ~ it must have been the thing to do back then, because I did the SAME thing!! So cool!

Have a great weekend & thanks for sharing your beautiful memories with us. SO Sweet!

Hugs,
Mardell

Linda said...

Sharon these are the sweetest pictures and memories....thank you for sharing your very special love story.
I love today's Bible verse. So very true.

Happy days to you and your....Hugs, Linda

p.s. CTMEOY...is one of my faveorite songs...now that bring back wonderful memories for me. L

~~Deby said...

This was fun...what a wonderful gift a CAMERA is....such memories...
AND yes you are a Goodwill girl, as I am too..and yard sales (checkout today's post)....
We get wiser with age, right?
~~deby

Judy said...

Happy Anniversary!
Oh my, do your pictures ever bring back memories. I have been gone for a bit and read you post about the high school reunion. My husband graduated in 1978 and I in 1979 too. I had to go and look at our yearbooks to see if the styles were the same and boy were they ever.
I enjoyed walking down your memory lane.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Judy

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, You are so adorable. You and Eric are the perfect loving couple. I love the phrase you used that you had no money, but were living on love.

I love this post. Love ya, Kathi

Jan said...

What a great tribute to your marriage! I loved seeing all the pictures! Congratulations on your 26 years together!

Jan

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! I haven't talked with you in a bit. I did not get a comment from you on the other post...I wonder what happened??? Any way, thank you for your well wishes! We had a great anniversary. That's hilarious that you did the same thing with the collage! I'm glad we saved them, they are fun to look at.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Sharon

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, I've never seen posters like that. So cute and creative. Also, I love your Farrah Fawcett hair...still I do. xorachel

Ruthie said...

Nice walk down memory lane with you. Isn't it fun to see the hair styles etc from the days past?? :)
You still are as beautiful now as you were then.
Congratulations.

Mimi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
thanks for sharing your memories with us...

nannykim said...

Precious, thanks for sharing

SweetAnnee said...

Honey you are MORE beautiful now!!!
woohoo
deena

Kelly said...

You truly know how to keep memories alive, I admire you so much for that!

Love,
kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...