Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life Magazine Moment

I took the boys in to to Macy's to try on their clothes that Mackenzie and Brittany picked for them for the wedding. All of them will be in the wedding as Mackenzie's groomsmen. While they are very happy for their brother and are excited about the wedding, getting fitted for fancy clothes is probably last on their list of fun things to do. I snapped a few pictures and they just crack me up! It reminded me of the old Life magazine when they used to show scenes like this.
They are "stuck" in these fancy clothes while the sales clerk was getting the alteration lady.
So bored. He's actually reading one of the stores catalogs!
So cute! I think Hayden is checking out his complexion in the mirror and Cameron is trying to figure out if the shirt fits. Is it time to go yet???
I don't really know what is going on in this picture. It looks like Cameron is trying on shoes and Hayden is looking at the bottom of his shoe for some reason.
Cameron needed some alterations on his pants in a very "sensitive" area and he had two women checking him out.
Does this look a little awkward to you? Let's get a close up of that face..........
...........yes, I think Cameron feels a bit awkward.
There's a smile!

This was one of those once in a lifetime moments that brings me joy.

"The Lord merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born!" Psalm 33:6

Love, Sharon

18 comments:

Connie said...

I think they look precious getting fitted, sweetpea! Typical "boys"!! LOL
Smoochies,
Connie

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Those are the cutest pictures!!! Your boys are absolutely adorable. My boys did the same thing. Last Saturday was my daughter, Mindy's, wedding. Taylor, my 16 year old, could not get the tux off fast enough. He is a blue jeans and romeo boot kinda guy. That was way out of his comfort zone. But he did it for his sister. I'll post pictures soon. Pam

Kim said...

Now, my David loves to get all dressed up. He also would love the ladies fawning all over him for the alterations. We tease him that he is NOT A PRINCE even though he loves to be pampered like that.
It is hard to believe the wedding is getting so close. Your men all look so handsome! Where was Eric in all this?

Sharon said...

Hi Kim,

Eric was working and Kenzie was with Brittany doing something else. We were having a hectic day and just ran in there as one of our errands and met Cameron there. I had no idea that this would be such a great photo op and I really wished we did have both Eric and Kenzie with us and Brittany too, it really is part of the wedding prep. At least we have these pictures! I still need to get my dress! Yikes!

Hugs, Shar

Joyfull said...

What great photos of such a special time. I love how boys are so "real", never holding back their emotions - being bored, etc.! Thanks for sharing this special day with us.

Kathi said...

They are such good looking boys/men. What a cute photo op. Love it!! Kathi

Kelli said...

Those are wonderful pictures, Sharon! Your boys are so handsome!
~Kelli

luvmy4sons said...

Too funny! What handsome guys! Mine would be the same way...but they always look so good! I don't know why they fight it. They should know that any girl melts at a well dressed guy..isn't there an old rock and roll song about that? LOL!

Judy said...

I had to laugh. I could see my boys acting the very same way. They'll look very handsome in those clothes. I can't wait to see the wedding photos.
:)
Judy

Mardell said...

LOL Sharon! I love these pics! Cameron has the cutest smile in that last photo. :o) I remember once when my son had to be measured for a pr. of pants (his inseam.) His face was beat red & the lady asked him if he'd been out in the sun too much (thought maybe he had a burn?) Or perhaps that was her way of making light of it! ha ha

What kind of dress are you looking for? Color? Long, short? Details needed ~ please!~ :o)

Hugs,
Mardell

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

They are going to look so handsome for the wedding!

Jan Parrish said...

Maybe he feels a bit awkward with mom taking photo's. LOL.

Great shots.

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

The pictures are priceless,been there done that. I know you had fun.

Blessings
Sue

Sharon said...

Hi Jan,

My boys are pretty easy going and don't mind me taking pictures. Most of the time they're saying "take a picture" because they use them on their My Space! LOL!

xox

Sharon

Jan Parrish said...

My kids would be telling me to knock it off. LOL.

Please visit my blog and consider posting the slide show of Baby Jake to remind everyone to pray.

Cottage Contessa said...

Wonderful memories of happy times spent with your handsome sons there sweetie. Wishing you a truly lovely day Sharon!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Kelly said...

That is hysterical! these pictures will make great conversation in years to come.....you know the whole * remember that* and *yeh remember that* their faces and expressions are the best.

Love,
Kelly

SweetAnnee said...

Your boys are so darn handsome..you must be so proud too cuz they are GOOD guys!
lol
love ya
Deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...