Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's not all work and no play!

Just to show you that we have not just been working all summer, here are some pictures of a little trip we took to the river. This little spot is about 3 minutes from our house. We love to just pop down on warm afternoons so the boys can take a quick swim.
Hayden enjoying a fresh nectarine at the river's edge.
The boys were throwing sticks for Bailey to retrieve. This was just her second trip to the water and she is doing awesome!
She did a great job and seems to love the water a lot! Her form is not the best when swimming, but she is getting better. She absolutely loves playing with the boys!
Nothing like a cool, refreshing trip to the river.
This is as far as I got though!
I mainly stayed here in the shade next to Grayson's truck.
Sitting in the shade next to the river, watching my boys swim, drinking a Diet Pepsi and reading my favorite magazines.........priceless! Now that is the break I needed!

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." Psalm 1:3

May God richly bless you today!
~ Sharon

13 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I am so glad you are not overworked and to see that you DO relax! Whew!

linda said...

Sounds like the perfect day! I love the scenery...that is one reason why we are looking to move to WA or OR, it's beautiful.

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh I love times like that...watching the kids, relaxing and magazines! xorachel

Penless Thoughts said...

I'd be sitting in the shade with you, Sharon, but reading a book!!
Susan

Donna Lynn said...

Wow Sharon, you have been so busy, I know how important it is to get these things done before it starts raining again! I need to rent a carpet shampoo machine too, my rugs look like dirt, they are 10 yrs. old and need to be replaced, but hoping to squeeze a couple more years out of them till the kids are all moved out!

Love your new paint, it looks so beautiful and clean, love your display of Red Transferware and doggies on the stair landing, you are my kind of gal...

Glad you got to go enjoy yourselves at the water, got caught up on all your magazine reading?? Have a blessed Wed. and visit with you soon!
XO,
DL

Linda said...

What a perfectly lovely way to spend the day...Hugs, Linda

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

How blessed you are to live close to that lovely place.

Judy said...

What a perfect way to spend the day. You really have been busy. We have a couple of projects we want to get done, but summer is flying by.

Cottage Contessa said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a hot summer's afternoon sweetie! Those magazines look terrific too!
Amanda(aka Cottage Contessa)

Jan Parrish said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer day.

tonya said...

Looks like fun!
Happy WW!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi My sister..

I just wanted to say thank you from my heart for your prayers I have an update on my blog. Thanks for taking the time to drop by with your words of encouragement. I enjoyed looking at your relaxful times, I totally love sitting and reading country Living as well.

Hugz Lorie

Kathi said...

Oh what a fun day Sharon. We did the same thing on Monday. I took pictures and somehow deleted them :( Bummer. I'm so happy you got to have a fun time with your family. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...