Thursday, August 14, 2008

Homemade Fairy Lamp

My sister, Kathi, started collecting fairy lamps last year and she got me hooked on them too. Click here to read more about them. They look so pretty when you light them up, they give off such a soft glow. They look like they would be right at home in Tinkerbell's front parlor.
Well, I took the boys to a recycle center a few weeks ago and I found this light shade. When I saw it I immediately got the idea that it would make a very nice fairy lamp. I liked it because it was so soft and irredescent; I thought it would give off a soft, warm glow.
You've seen these before, they usually go on a ceiling light fixture or a ceiling fan light.
I married it with this piece. This is the bottom of a glass lamp. The original lamp must have broken off and I really do not know where I got this, probably a garage sale.
I simply put a candle on the base.
......and then placed the new shade on top and.............
......voilĂ ........a new cute little fairy lamp!
I love how it looks!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Ever since I had seen Kathi's lamp like that I have fallen in love with them, but have not bought any....THIS is a great idea and it looks adorable!!! It looks perfect where you have it.

Love,
kelly

Stephanie said...

That is such a great idea! Im headed to an estate sale this morning, I will keep my eye out for these things to make one. Thanks for the great idea!!
Stephanie

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh yes, I love that too. I'm going to go look around and see what I have to make one of those. It looks like you and Kathi will be having a lot of fun together this evening! Give each other a big hug and say it is from me! xo rachel

Kathi said...

It's darling Sharon. You are so creative!!! I love it. It's more than darling; it is elegant. I can't wait to see you. Love, Kathi

Anonymous said...

Love it too, Sharon. You have such great ideas. It looks beautiful where you have it. Looks like it was made that way.

Willa

Kelly said...

That's really, really cute, Sharon!!!

Judy said...

You are so creative. I have never seen a fairy lamp before now. They are really cute and pretty.
Have a wonderful night.
Judy

Ruthie said...

I'd like to know more about fairy lamps - where did the name come from??? etc. I checked your sis's blog and it just showed some of hers. And do people make their own? They're really pretty.
Smiles.

jennifer said...

I am really impressed with your fairy lamp! You have vision!!

Jen

luvmy4sons said...

As always so blown away by your creativity! Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...