Monday, August 18, 2008

Walton Family Reunion

I am still trying to catch up on all of our summer events. It seems that this summer has been one of our busiest! In the middle of July my sister, Kelli, and her husband, Ralph hosted the annual Walton family reunion. Because of Internet safety issues, I am not sharing our real name and am using Walton instead. Above is a picture of me with my cousins and aunt. From left to right, me, cousin Karen, sister Kelli, Aunt Maudie, cousin Pam and cousin Lori. Here's the same group with my sister Kathi in the picture. The Walton family is my father's side of the family. He comes from a home with 9 kids! Grandma Ethel and Grandpa Harry Walton lived in a little tiny mill town and raised this big family very much like the Walton's TV show. Grandma Ethel was a prayer warrior and prayed over her nine kids every day, then she prayed for her daughter's-in-law and son's-in-law and all her grand kids. All her prayers were answered all her children love the Lord! Here's my father, Leonard with one of his younger brothers, Ernie. They were dirt poor, but had lots of love. They all grew up during the depression and times were tough, but they had a strong faith in the Lord and God got saw them through! They had an idyllic childhood raised out in the country with farm animals and plenty of mountains, fields, creeks and rivers to explore.
My father and mother, Leonard and Shirley. They celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary this year!
Time to eat!
My son, Mackenzie and his fiancee Brittany, put on a little concert with their new music. The crowd really enjoyed it!
They performed about three or four songs. It was so cool to have them play for us!
The kids went swimming!
Then they jumped in the hot tub! From the top clockwise, Samuel, Grayson, Garrett and Hayden.
Kelli and Ralph wanted the reunion to be like an old fashion carnival or fair. It was so cute and they put so much effort in to it. Above is a picture of the pie judging! The judges are from left to right, my husband Eric, my Uncle George, my father, and Uncle Lester. Boy, they sure do have a hard job! If you look closely, you will see that my husband has a plate full of different pies to judge, but he also has a fudgsicle! LOL!
Aunt Maudie won the pie contest! Here she is holding her prize!
Kelli and Ralph had this cute little ice cream stand. I think their boys made the cute sign.
Next, onto the water balloon toss!
Things were pretty intense, but it was so much fun!
Brittany was my partner and I accidentally soaked her! Sorry Brittany!
Here's cousin Amy holding her niece, Katie.
Now, time for the pie eating contest! We only had five willing contestants sign up. Going around the table from left to right, Samuel, Joseph, Harrison, Grayson and Hayden.
There they go!!!
Oh, oh, better stand back, things look like they are getting out of control!!!! Pie started flying all over the place!
Here's the after picture. Harrison won the contest! What a great memory!
Eric hosed off all the boys, here he is cleaning up Hayden.
Now, onto the last contest, the watermelon eating contest, except there is a twist......the watermelon is suspended from a tree! And they can't use their hands! Above is Kathi, Brittany, Mackenzie and Grayson getting ready to start the contest!
Here's Hayden with Victoria behind him. Mackenzie was the winner of this one! Oh my goodness, what a fun time we had! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family! I am so happy that family means so much to this group and that we make it a priority to get together every year! I am also very thankful for Grandma Ethel for all her prayers!

Kelli and Ralph gave such a great reunion. Their home was so beautiful. Tomorrow I am going to show more pictures of her house.

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Sharon,

What a cool reunion! Your sister and brother-in-law did a wonderful job - I love, love, love their theme! LOL at the bibs on the boys and your Hubs with a fudgesickle. ;o) We're headed down to Shore tonight and there are fudgesickles galore there on the beach...I'll be thinking of you now, haha!

P.S. That's so cool that Brittany and Mackenzie performed! What a special treat, and bless God for people like your in-laws who raised such godly children. I can see that their son and his wife are taking after them. :o)

Michelle said...

Looks like all of you had so much fun! Now that's what I call a family reunion!!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful day, Sharon!

luvmy4sons said...

You have such a wonderful family and have had such a wonderful summer...I love the food smashed all over pics!

Brenda said...

Wow what a great time. Im sitting at works so hungry and I have to come here lol. Now what was that wonderful pie that won?

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud to be a part of such a great family, the Waltons are the best! Sorry we missed all the fun! It looks like you all had a wonderful reunion!

:)

yer cuz'
avon

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It looks like you all had so much fun. That old-time fair theme was a great idea.

Now I want pie. :-)

Linda said...

Wow! What a great reunion...I enjoyed all the pictures, it was fun seeing all the contests, I especially liked the pie eating contest. You have a wonderful family and what happy memories you made. Hugs, Linda

Jan Parrish said...

What a wonderful family memory. Where was John Boy? LOL.

Kelly said...

You are all so blessed because God is truly the center of your life! I love to see your pictures and see how your family gets together, I think it is wonderful!

Love,
kelly

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...