Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mother's 71st birthday! Happy birthday Mom! Above is a picture of her in 1986 holding baby Cameron! My mother's favorite roles in life were that of wife, mother and grandmother.
Here's a cute picture of her with Mackenzie and Cameron when they were about 3 and 5. They loved their Grammie Shirley. My mom taught me so much about how to be a good mother. After I delivered Mackenzie, my first son, I stayed with her for two weeks and she showed me how to take care of a baby! I was so nervous and she helped me so much. I also stayed with her for a week after I had Cameron. What a lovely thing to do for me. I was a scared new mommy and she helped me to have confidence and to believe in my own mothering skills.
Here's a neat picture of my mother and her three girls, from left to right, Kelli, Sharon, Shirley and Kathi. Our mother looks more like our sister here!
When I was a little girl my mother gave me a very safe, warm and cozy home. She always cooked a yummy and healthy hot meal for dinner. She always made us kids feel so safe and loved.
Above is a picture of my mother and father. They are enjoying their twilight years together. They have a quiet life, but keep busy and they are happy. I am so thankful for such a wonderful mother.

I hope you have a great day today Mom! I love you so much!

"Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that fears the Lord, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

Love, Sharon

17 comments:

Kathi said...

What a beautiful tribute to Mom, Sharon. I feel the same way. Mom taught me so many things about being a good mother. I already made my post about Harrison and my day together, forgetting about it being Mom's birthday. I added her picture at the end of my post. You are such a good mother Sharon. Much of my good mothering also came from you and watching what you do. I love you, Kathi

A Romantic Porch said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother. xo rachel

Connie said...

What a sweet tribute to your mum. She's a doll too!! I love posts like this.......
Smoochies,
Connie

Linda said...

What a lovely tribute to your mom. I'm sending Happy Birthday wishes to her...hope her day is great. Hugs, Linda

Michelle said...

A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet mom...hope she enjoys her special day! She is a lovely lady and your family is very blessed to have such a wonderful mother :)

Happy Wednesday to you, Sharon!

luvmy4sons said...

Your sound as if you were greatly blessed by an awesome mom. I am sure her heart is touched to read of your tribute and birthday wishes to her. Happy Birthday to your mom! God is good!

AnneDroid said...

What a lovely post. Your blog generally just showcases perfectly the wonderful blessing of family.

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Sharon,
Your mother is just beautiful! It is such a blessing to have her in your life, I miss my MIL every single day of my life!~She was the mother of my dreams!!! What a blessing to have both of your parents...

Hope you are doing well today, I read the post on Cameron wanting to move to Spokane, I will pray with you for peace on that one. What a wonderful thing that he is being called to work with a church body, you must be so proud!

Take care and I will check back more after my oldest sons wedding in 3 weeks, I have been so bust this summer blogging has taken a backseat.

XO,
Donna Lynn

BittersweetPunkin said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

Brenda said...

Your mom is one beautiful lady. She is blessed and has raised some great girls.

~~Deby said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful mom.....she sounds like a real blessing..
~Deby

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What a lovely tribute.

I think you and Kathi look like your mom in different ways.

I hope she had a blessed birthday.

colbycottage said...

What a beautiful mother!!I lost my my mom "Shirley",two years ago.I still think of her daily.What a blessing to have had a wonderful mother. Have a great week Kathy

Jan Parrish said...

Have a wonderful birthday Mrs. Walton. You've done a great job raising these wonderful daughters of yours. I know you are even more blessed by them than I am.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Your Mama is so pretty! I went through quite a few of your pics and love your old books you found..I love old childrens books too. Where is Buckingham palace? I live in Oregon as well. I am originally from the Williamette Valley and really miss it. I adore Summer Magic..Love Burl Ives. Thanks for coming by! Cherry

Kelli said...

What a wonderful birthday post. Your mother is lovely!
~Kelli

Pearl said...

Ohhh Sharon... what a lovely tribute to your beautiful Mother. I am sure she is so very proud of her children! I know that you and Kathi have been so gracious and kind towards me, and I am so very thankful for that. How wonderful for y'all that your parents are still here with you, to share in your lives and to love on you so much! They just look like such a sweet, loving couple... I miss my parents so much... God bless you and your families...

~hugs~
Pearl

And... a very happy belated birthday wish to your dear Mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...