Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Beautiful day on the McKenzie River

Two weeks ago Eric, Hayden and I took a little boat trip down the beautiful McKenzie river in Oregon.
It was once voted in Life magazine as one of the prettiest places in the US.
Nothing like relaxing on the river.
Even Bailey enjoyed our day.
The fishing wasn't so hot though!
Isn't the water Grand?
You should feel it too.....brrrrr it's so cold!
We went up there with our friends who took their own boats. We stopped at an island to eat dinner and play awhile. Above is a picture of Hayden playing with all the dogs.
I love being on the river because it is great family time. You just sit there and fish and talk.
It's also a nice time to get some reading done.
Auh.......now this is the life!
The sun is setting and it is time to head home.

"He who believes in Me, as the scripture hath said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" John 7:38

Hugs, Sharon

10 comments:

Lynn said...

What a beautiful place to spend a day. You have a beautiful family. Wow, four sons! Does it get any better??

I'm glad to have found your blog!

Lynn

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a beautiful river and what a wonderful family time. I wish I could do that. We have tried to do that in the canoe, but it's not relaxing and it's too long to visit or read a magazine. The rubber rafts tied together are a bit better, for visiting, but I think your boat is calmer and so much bigger. I'm so glad you can do this with your family. Hugs, Kathi

Connie said...

Wow, what a glorious place to ride the river on! We'll have to visit it sometime, sweet lady chick,
Smoochies,
Connie

Judy said...

What an awesome day. Our river definitely doesn't look like that, how beautiful. I know our dog Sadie would have enjoyed that river :)
Judy

A Romantic Porch said...

That looks so fun. I'm pretty sure I have that same magazine too, though I couldn't quite see the photo on the front, I've worn mine ragged almost! xorachel

nannykim said...

Even through the fish was tiny it made my mouth water!! My, your doggie has grown!! Looks like a nice relaxing day!!

Penless Thoughts said...

Looks so beautiful and relaxing.
Susan

Jan Parrish said...

Oh, how beautiful. What a wonderful trip.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That looks so relaxing and beautiful. I would love to have a day out on a river to just relax and read.

Kelly said...

Wow I think Bailey wants to be captain! he is just too cute! I have just adored all the pics from the day you brought him home! haha! oh my gosh I just remembered the post with the wallpaper and the eaten bed!! that was right before I got my little puppy and I recall showing my Mom and husband and they were like uh.....maybe we shouldn't get a puppy...LOL

Bailey has turned into a fine Dog!

kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...