Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary!

Twenty-six years ago today we said, "I do" and all these years later we still say "I do". It is so hard to believe that we have been married for 26 years, that just seems impossible. It has gone by so quickly. I can honestly say that MOST of the time it has been all good, but there have been those moments that it has not been all pleasant. I am so thankful to the Lord for being the center of our relationship and getting us through those tough times. God has blessed us so much in our marriage with our four beautiful sons and so many years of laughing, working, playing, crying and just living life.
Here's Eric with his mother and father, Jim and Alice. A beautiful lady between two handsome men! Here's me with my parents, Leonard and Shirley. I do feel loved!
Eric waiting for me to walk down the isle. It looks like Alice was just sitting down.
Here comes the bride, all dressed in white!
My Daddy giving me away to Eric.
We had the wedding in my parents backyard. It turned out really pretty.
Mr. and Mrs. Happily Married! :0)
The whole wedding party. From the left, Eric's sister, Stacey, my sister Kathi, my sister, Kelli, my best friend, Michelle, me, Eric, Eric's best friend, Brett, his friend, Skip, our soon to be brother-in-law, Stacey (he married Kathi) and my brother, Wade.
The young bride. I was about a month away from turning 21. That seems pretty young to me now, but back then I thought I was so mature!
Here we are today, 26 years later, still in love! I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and our strong, happy marriage. God has truly blessed us!

"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder." Matthew 19:6

Love, Sharon

20 comments:

Lille meg said...

Congratulations on your 26. weddingday!
Such a pretty couple you were and still are!
My husband and me also got married 26 years ago, but I was older than you. I was just turned 32 when I got married. It was in august,,,,,

God bless you!

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! You are a darling couple and I wish you many more years of happiness. Hugs, Linda

Sondra said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the wedding pictures. You look so pretty and your flowers are beautiful.

littleladyboutique said...

Ahhh, Happy Anniversary! :):):) What an inspiration to us all! :):):)
Blessings, Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. What lovely pictures. You still look young and beautiful.

Willa

Joyfull said...

Congratulations on 26 years! What an inspiration it is to see God's blessings on a marriage. What a wonderful example of commitment and trust in the Lord. Loved the wedding pictures!

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest Sharron,
Bless you on your 26th year together! I love to see happy written all over the faces of married couples, and yours both have that love!

XO,
DL

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Congratulations.

A Romantic Porch said...

Congratulations Sharon, That is wonderful!! Nothing like the love that has weathered the trials and happy moments of passing years, is there?

luvmy4sons said...

Loved seeing your pictures! That is great! Happy anniversary. Congratulations. May God bless you with many more!

Jan Parrish said...

Happy 26th anniversary! May you have 26 more wonderful years. What a wonderful couple you make.

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your blog enjoy reading about your life. Your boys are just so great. I have two myself, 4 and almost two. I am learning a lot from you!!
Much Love
Beth Larson
Fenton Michigan

Ruthie said...

Happy Anniversary. It was fun going down memory lane with you at your wedding.
Smiles.

Feathering My Nest said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are such a beautiful couple. God brought you together and blessed your lives. I'm so happy for you and look at your marriage as a testimony of Christ living in you. You are so pretty both then and now. Love, Kathi

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary! You made a very beautiful bride.
Doesn't the times of trial make the good times all the more sweet.

Jaderocks said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing the wedding pictures. You looked so happy and in love. What a lovely couple 26 years ago and today.
Have a Great Day!
Roxy

Sharon said...

Thank you Willa! :0) Sharon

Sharon said...

Dear Beth,

I clicked on your name, but it said no profile available. If you have a blog, please leave a link for me. I am so glad that you stopped by and that you enjoy my blog! I hope you are having a great summer with your kids!

:0) Sharon

Kelly said...

What wonderful pictures and memories, you guys are adorable.

Love,
kelly

jennifer said...

I have been scrolling through and getting caught up with you a bit. Happy Anniversary. I think that you are a lovely couple and that you have made quite a wonderful life together.

Congratulations on 26 years as loving husband and wife. May God continue to bless the both of you.

Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...