Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer at the Lake!

Why is this lady smiling?
Here's a clue, isn't it beautiful!
Yep, that's right, we took the boat out to the lake for a little picnic, swimming and inner-tubing.
We forgot Bailey's leash, so Hayden had to hold onto her while Eric and Grayson put the boat in.
Here's Grayson helping his father get the boat in.
Picnic lunch is all packed!
What a handsome Captain!
I thought this was such a beautiful picture of Bailey. She is 9 months old now and this is just her second trip in the boat. She's a little nervous, but she also is having fun!
We stopped in the middle of the lake and anchored up for swimming and a little dinner.
Sweet picture! Sweet move Hayden!
Nice Grayson!
Having such fun!
What great memories are being made!
We are so thrilled that Bailey enjoys swimming. Our old dog, Sadie, hated the water, so this is a real treat for us!
I snapped this picture right when Eric took a bite......sorry honey!
I love to soak it all in. I love the bright colors, all the natural beauty around with the trees and the water, the smell of the water, the faint smell of gas from the motor, the feel of the warm sun on my skin and the faint summer breeze, the sounds of kids splashing and laughing and the sound of the motor. It is all so wonderful! I also know how fleeting these moments are with my kids growing so fast, it was a little sad for me to remember that it used to be all four of the boys and now it's just two, but I didn't get too down. I am really trying to have the attitude that this is all the beginning of something new!
Grayson just got his boating license and he got his first lesson driving the big boat. He did really well! He's a happy guy!
Time for tubing! Above is Grayson, he is quite the daredevil and always has been.
Now it's Hayden's turn.......yippee!!!
Who's that out there now? Let's get a closer look..................
It's Grayson and Bailey! Bailey loved it!

No, I did not get in the water and neither did Eric. We were talking about that we feel old because we don't want to get in anymore. It does bum me out that I am not the same as I was even just two years ago, but that's okay. Maybe next time I will get in!

Have a great day!

"I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live." Ecclesiastes 3:12

Love, Sharon

21 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Sharon,
I know what your feeling. After raising 11 children my baby is 15. She's the only on left at home who "needs" me. We look to it as a different path in our life. The path that we have been on for the past 29 years was raising our children. Now that path is coming to a close and I do feel some sadness. But we have gained so much more with our in-laws and grandchildren. It's hard to let go of what we know. But do embrace your new "beginnings" especially that new daughter-in-law to be.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Judy

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What a beautiful lake! The water is so clear and sparkly. Hooray for Bailey! Everyone looks like they are having the time of their lives!

Gina

linda said...

Sharon, what great pictures and what a beautiful lake. It looks like you guys are the only ones on it.

It sounds like your day was wonderful, complete with a picnic basket of food...how fun!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
What fun! I remember tubing once upon a time too. Love the lake; just as you described. The smell, the beauty of it, the sound of the water. It's been YEARS since I've been out on the lake. I miss it so. Nothing like waking up in the morning with a hot cup of coffee & sitting out on the dock with your feet in the water watching the ducks & their little babies.

Bailey is so cute! Your boys are funny! At least Grayson is riding a tube & not a mattress! LOL

Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs,
Mardell
:o)

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a great time, I dont like getting in either!!
Our dog, which is a Lab, doesnt like the water, isnt that weird!! Your dog looks so cute there!!

Have a great day, the weather is supposed to cool off here in the Great NW ! Should give us a bit of a break :)

Stephanie

Randi Jo :) said...

that really looks so so fun! :) happy summer!! I love hearing things from your perspective. I am starting out my family and your boys are turning into grown men! :)

Penless Thoughts said...

You can see it was a wonderful, fun, family day.
Susan

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It looks like a wonderful spot to take a family outing. And your dog is adorable.

luvmy4sons said...

You always are having WAY too much fun...Love the pics!

Lille meg said...

Beautiful photos! I can see that you enjoy life.
I hope you will have a happy summer holiday.

A Romantic Porch said...

What a fun summer day. I'm glad you got to all do that together. xorachel

Joyfull said...

What beautiful pictures! It looks like everyone had a great time. That is my idea of a perfect day!

Toia said...

Love the pics. The lake is beautiful. My favorite pic is with Hayden jumping in the water. Great move!! I give him a perfect 10!!

Kelly said...

You are so fortunate and blessed!
And I tell Bailey has adjusted and is just another one of the boys!!
I would love love love to live in your neck of the woods, it is just beautiful there.

Love,
Kelly

Linda said...

This is the most beautiful lake! What a happy and fun family outing. Hugs, Linda

Jan Parrish said...

Looks like so much fun! Great action shots.

Ruthie said...

Looks like a fun day.
And a great dog too.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what wonderful pics looks like so much fun was had by all! It looked like such a perfect summer day! Im so happy to know you and your dear family had such a wonderful outing! =)

In christ,

~Joy

Pearl said...

Ahhhhhh... such breathtaking photos! Your description was on the spot... not much can beat a day near any body of water! It was so nice to see all of the smiles and that cutie Bailey... what a HOOT! So glad y'all had a great time... God bless...

~hugs~
Pearl

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
It looks like you had a great day! Your pictures are so gorgeous, what a view. No wonder you're smiling!
Love, Velvia

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell! I am sorry I have not written back to you sooner...I have just been so, so busy! I love your memories of boating! You made me laugh with your comment about at least Grayson is not on a mattress! Ha! I hope you are having a great summer!

Hugs, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...