Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Bar Stools

I love Craig's List! We needed some new bar stools and I found these two solid oak stools for $85.00! They were asking $100.00, but I offered $80.00 and they came back with $85.00. I thought it was a great deal until I got home and realized they were way too tall for our bar!
Well, my handy dandy husband just measured and cut the legs down a few inches and they work perfect.
See the difference in them?
I love these new stools, they not only serve a great purpose, but they are pretty too!

I have been sooo busy preparing for Brittany's bridal shower that I am hosting on Sunday. Eric painted our entryway and halls and then yesterday we rented a carpet shampooer and cleaned our carpets. Boy oh boy, what big jobs! During the process of both of those jobs I was moving pictures and furniture and have cleaned almost my whole house. I am exhausted, but it feels great! Now onto the party planning! I will show pictures later!

Have a great Thursday!

"Give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men." Psalm 107:21

Hugs, Sharon

Be sure to sign up to win Mackenzie and Brittany's new CD! Check out my post below from Monday 7/7/08

19 comments:

Judy said...

What a handy husband. The bar stools are really pretty and go well with your woodwork. I have heard of Craig's List but have never looked on it.
It feels good when you can accomplish things. I hope the bridal shower goes well.
Have a good Thursday.
Judy

Kelly said...

Oh I cannot wait for pictures! I bet you are having such a great time planning it all!

Love,
kelly

Kim said...

It's wonderful that your husband is so handy. I love the stools. They look like the diningroom set we have- we even have a high chair to match it. The look never goes out of style.

~Robin said...

hey-nice barstools....and love the pottery on your cupboards. Im a McCoy collector via my dad...he is a McCoy nut...some of your stuff looks familiar-pretty.

Stephanie said...

I too love Craigslist! Those chairs match perfectly! Please post pics from the shower, Im sure it will be fun and beautiful! I need idea's for my daughters shower, it will be in a year, but Im a planner and love to get idea's!!
Have a good Thursday,
Stephanie

Kelley said...

Wow! What a great pair of barstools!
They go perfectly!
Wishing you a blessed day!

luvmy4sons said...

That is great! What a handy man you got there!

Kelli said...

Oh, they look wonderful and they match your kitchen perfectly! I can't wait to see the bridal shower pictures, I know it will be a fun time for everyone!
~Kelli

Happy @ Home said...

What a clever idea your husband had and the bar stools look perfect there.
Stop by and visit me. I have an award for you.

lady jane said...

Looks like something my hubby would do, too. The stools look great!

I clicked on the link for your son's music site but the link came up as broken. Tried it through google and the same thing. Have you a different link...or is it my linkability issues? ;o)

I invited you. :o)

Penless Thoughts said...

Great find!!! And a handy husband. Aren't they grand?
Susan

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

The stools are great. Good luck with the bridal shower. I'm sure you'll have it organized to the nth degree. (Spiral notebook time, huh?)

luvmy4sons said...

I gave you an award over at my place.

Linda said...

Your new bar stool are cool!
Eric did a good job and they look perfect...
I'm going to have to check out Craig's List. Hugs, Linda

Julieann said...

I love them--they go so well with your kitchen too--great score:)

Julieann

Pearl said...

Just love, love, love those bar stools! Terrific deal on them! Aren't sweet, loving, handy-dandy Husbands a blessed and wonderful gift from God! Ohhh yes! Amen and thank You, Lord!!

~blessings 'n hugs~
Pearl

nannykim said...

Beautiful chairs, and they are really unique. It feels good to get a house clean!Hope you have a nice shower.

Michelle said...

Don't you just resourceful men? I sure do love my guy!

jennifer said...

I recently bought three barstools at the thrift store for 20 bucks but they didn't look that good. I am still going to have to paint them. I felt like it was a great deal, especially after I looked at walmart and found them for 35 buck a piece and not nearly as sturdy as what I bought. It really is fun bargain shopping, isn't it?

Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...