Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More shower fun!

Last Saturday night Brittany had another shower. Her best friend, Alicia, had a lingerie shower for her. Here is Brittany standing next to the table of wonderful gifts!!! Doesn't she look beautiful!
We had such a lovely evening. Alicia had the shower at her grandmother's fabulous house out in the country. We had a wonderful dinner out on the breezy deck. It was so pretty! Brittany has so many awesome girlfriends. I am not around young women very much and I was so impressed by all these young ladies. They are all so sweet and lady like. Almost all of them were wearing dresses and they all looked so pretty. They all were so friendly, mature and were refined! It was so much fun for me to be around all these girls after raising my four sons and just being around boys so much!
We played some fun games. For this game Alicia had asked Mackenzie some specific questions and we were seeing how many of them Brittany would answer correctly. If she got it wrong she had to put on some goofy clothes. She did awesome and only got two incorrect. This answer touched my heart; Alicia asked Mackenzie when he knew that he wanted to marry Brittany and his answer was "I wanted to marry her the 1st time we dated. From the very beginning I knew she was the one." Isn't that so sweet!
Opening her special gifts!
Brittany and her mother, Patti. What beautiful women, inside and out!
The two mother's and the girl! I feel so blessed that we all get along so well, it really is beautiful!

Have a happy day today! We're taking the boys out to the lake today for some inner-tubbing and summer fun!

"The Lord bless you and keep you." Numbers 6:24

Hugs, Sharon

14 comments:

Terri and Bob said...

You look gorgeous in that white dress! Your son is so lucky, but so is your future daughter in law!

Judy said...

What a beautiful shower. I like that game. I'll have to remember that one.
It does make for a long life if there is turmoil in a relationship. Fortunately we don't have it. God has blessed us. Have a wonderful time with your family. That sounds like a fun thing to do.
Hugs, Judy

Jan said...

I'm just catching up on your last couple of posts! What gorgeous showers! She is really blessed! Both showers look like they were so much fun! I especially like all of your own decorations! What a cute idea with the bathtub candles! And I love the flowers and candles in the punch bowl! You are so creative!
You're gonna have a daughter!! Enjoy!!

Jan

Kelli said...

What a wonderful shower, Sharon! Everyone looks lovely and I'm sure they had a great time together!
~Kelli

linda said...

Beautiful pictures of yet another beautiful day!

I love the picture of you with Brittany and her mother...3 gorgeous women!

Have fun at the lake...take pictures! Sounds much more fun than my day today. I've got my yearly visit to the Dr. today. Gee I can't wait. I'd rather be at the lake!

Pearl said...

Another beautiful post! Looks like this shower was so much fun, too! It was really nice to hear about Brittany's friends, how they were so lady-like and wore pretty dresses, etc. You've been blessed with having this charming girl enter into your lives...

Hope the day at the lake is FUN and I'm looking forward to reading about it! God bless...

~hugs~
Pearl

A Romantic Porch said...

Sharon, I'm so happy for you. What a touching thing that Mackenzie said about their first date. xorachel

Sondra said...

I love her white dress. She stopped by to leave me a message in my chat box. She is so sweet.

yellowfarmhouse said...

What a beautiful bride she will be and what a wonderful time you all have ahead of you. Enjoy it because it goes by fast.

Hugs - Karen

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You all look so happy in that last photo. It's such a blessing that you and Brittany get along so well.

Jan Parrish said...

Such good times. And you look awesome as well!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Good morning. I've given you a blog award. It's the second post down over at my place.

Linda said...

This shower looks very special too.
You all look lovely....and I can see the joy and happiness you feel.
Have a fun time at the lake...hugs, Linda

Kelly said...

What a sweet event, Sharon! Everyone (and everything!) looks beautiful. My bridal shower was held at the country house of my best friend's parents. :o) Such a peaceful, beautiful location to have a shower. I love Brittany's dress...and yours, too! Super cute, mama!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...