Monday, July 21, 2008

Special lunch at the vineyard

As you know, last weekend I gave a bridal shower for my soon to be daughter-in-law, Brittany. Her mother, Patti, lives in South Dakota and she came to town to visit Brittany and to go to her showers. Last Monday Brittany, Patti and I all went out for a very special lunch! We drove and drove out to the country and went to a beautiful winery. The scenery was fantastic and we had such a great time visiting on the long drive! I feel so blessed to be able to have such a great time with Brittany and Patti. We all get along so great. God has truly answered my prayers.
The scenery is just breathtaking. I have never been to a winery before and it was absolutely fabulous!
This place is like something you would see in a movie, it is so pretty! The vineyards go on for miles! You can see the winery up on the hill.
Here is the view from where we parked. Isn't it gorgeous!
Here's a view of the back of the winery.
First we went to the wine tasting area. I have never done this before. It was really fun and very educational! We had such a great time!
This place is so beautiful!
We ate lunch out on the deck overlooking the beautiful valley with all the acres of vineyards.
I forgot to take pictures of all our food, but did get a shot of the desserts. This is Crème brûlée, and yes, it was as good as it looks!
Brittany ordered this wonderful chocolate dessert, look how they draped the chocolate over it to make the beautiful design! We felt very pampered when we were there!
We had such a beautiful lunch and talked for hours. I feel so blessed to say that old saying, I am not losing a son, I am gaining a daughter, and I am also gaining a friend with Brittany's mother Patti!

"She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. " Proverbs 31:16

"...and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine...This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him." John 2:9

Hugs, Sharon

14 comments:

Kim said...

We have many beautiful wineries here in Virginia. Even though I have not been to a wine tasting (my husband has) I enjoy the beauty of the vineyards and the buildings on the property. I love to pass the vineyards and see the changes that they endure from season to season.

Jan said...

When traveling through Northern CA a few years ago I was just amazed at the beauty of all the wineries! They are just breathtaking! I'm so happy you were able to have this experience! It looks like it was just so much fun!!

Jan

Stephanie said...

I have been there several times. Wedding are especially pretty up there, every season too!
The food is yummy & the desserts are out of this world!!!
Have a great day,
Stephanie

lady jane said...

I live at the north end of what's known as Zinfandel country. The vineyards seemingly have no end. Beauty. The wineries are available to rent for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Spendy but oh my, how wonderful it would be!

Linda said...

What a pretty winery and a beautiful place for lunch. Love the picture of the three of you! Hugs, Linda

Judy said...

What beautiful country it is where you live and Creme Brulee....yum! my favorite.
I'm glad you had a wonderful time.
Judy

Sondra said...

The vinyard looks beautiful. And that chocolate desert-mmmm

Lille meg said...

I can see you enjoyed yourselves.
It looks good, and I know creme brulee tastes good, too! (I can't write the signs above the letters.)
Have a nice day today as well!

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, What a lovely place to go and make memories with Brittany and her mom. It is so pretty. It makes me want to go there. Have a great day. Love, Kathi

luvmy4sons said...

Now that looks like it was a lot of fun! The food looked wonderful.

Jan Parrish said...

Oh, how fun! Reminds me of when we lived in Napa, CA. :)

Brynna said...

Oh my goodness, that is a gorgeous vineyard!! I'd love to see something like that one day!!!

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... What a pretty post! The Winery looked awesome and how wonderful that y'all had such a nice time. We live near a Winery and it truly is an enchanting place to visit... so peaceful. I'm very happy for you that God answered your prayers about Brittany and her Mom. Such a special blessing for you all. God bless...

~hug~
Pearl

Kelly said...

How beautiful, Sharon! What a great lunch - winetasting and wonderful ladies! And creme brulee...mmm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...