Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Patriotic Decorations!

I love Independence day! I am so thankful to be living in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave! I love it that our country was founded on a love for God. I am deeply saddened by the decline of Americans love for God, but will talk about that another day, I want to stay positive today! Today I wanted to share with you my 4th of July decorations!
This is my 4th of July "rag swag" that I made. I have shown you very similar swags that I made for the fall, and Valentines day (click word to see pictures). I also made a kitchen swag that I have hanging up year round, click here to see pictures of it.
This project is so easy and fun! You just collect several fun 4th of July items, anything red, white and blue will work. I have star shaped cookie cutters, patriotic Christmas balls, painted wood cut outs, etc.
You also buy several different types of patterned cotton fabrics. I picked all kinds of red, white and blue patterns with stars and checks on them.
You rip the fabric into about 1"x7" strips, you will need A LOT of these strips. Then you tie them onto a piece of jute string. After that you just hang or tie your fun items on the swag. It's just that easy. You can make these swags for any occasion. I have been wanting to make an Easter one for a long time, but still have not done that, maybe next year?
Here is my kitchen windowsill. I love to change out this display for the holidays, it just cheers up this area so much! Do you recognize the two stars in the back? They are the new decorations that I found on my Bag Lady trip this year.
Here's a little wooden cart painted like the flag filled with patriotic items. There is a neat vintage book in there called Poems of Patriotism, it is a wonderful little book! I made the little fabric fire crackers with my craft group called the Tacky girls. They are so simple, you just take skewer, glue a piece of jute string on it for the wick and roll festive fabric around the top and glue it. They are really cute!
A little corner on the kitchen counter.
Another little corner in the kitchen.
A little corner in the powder room.
I found this cute heart flag decoration at the Goodwill. It is made out of thick painted paper. I love how it looks.
My little display on top of the computer desk.
Here's a little bright spot in my entry way. Just a simple star shaped dish that I found at the after Christmas sales at the thrift stores, I think I paid a quarter for it. I filled it with red, white and blue jelly beans.
Here's a shot of our front door with our 4th of July wreath on it. He is ready to celebrate! We usually have our flag out, but last year it got destroyed, so we still need to buy a new one.

I hope that all of you have fun and meaningful 4th of July celebrations!

God Bless America!

"All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name." Psalm 86:9

~ Sharon

****Watch for a Big Announcement*****
*****Monday, July 7th!!!!*****

19 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

All your 4th of July treasures are so sweet! I didn't have to add much to my decor as I have quite a bit of Americana as it is. I did post some pictures today and will post more in the following days.

Blessings,
Gina

Stephanie said...

As always, very very cute :)

Have a great day~
Stephanie

Candy said...

Its all so pretty! Happy (early) 4th of July! Its CANADA Day today!!!!! (which is like your July 4th)
HUgs
candy

nannykim said...

;-} I should have known you would have decorations for the fourth!

A Big ANNOUNCEMENT--Hope I remember to check!!

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love your Americana decor ! Very pretty...I gravitate towards red, white and blue too...as a matter of fact I saw something at GW that I am going to go back and purchase today so I will have to show it shortly...I didn't forget about the tag...that will be my next post..it's just been too darn hot here and I've been too lazy to take any photos!!
Hugs,
Robin

luvmy4sons said...

Everything is so pretty and fesitve and creative! I am so envious! LOL! I truly need you to come and do a revamp of my home! You would be shocked at the sparseness of anything cute. I lack creativity! Love your decorations!

Penless Thoughts said...

Nice displays for the 4th.
Susan

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You really do go all out! You're putting me in the 4th of July mood.

A Romantic Porch said...

So cute! I need to go decorate~!

Daughter of the King said...

Love all of your decorations and even more your placement of things, you have such a flair, Sharon....
hmmmmmm...big announcement...why wait......suspense......Are you going to have a baby?
Deby

Primgal55 said...

I love your rag swags - what a cute idea! And the firecrackers are very clever too - I'll have to make some of those.

Have a great 4th, hugs, Linda

PS congrats on your new job!!

Cottage Contessa said...

I love your July 4th decorations Sharon, I also love how patriotic Americans are! I wish that Australia as a whole was more like that too! You have inspired me to do something extra special for Australia Day on Jan 26th. Have a woderful day sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

linda said...

I'd say you're sure ready for the 4th! I love all of your decorations...very fun and festive.

I have LOTS of decorations for all of the holidays too. A great friend/neighbor and I have swapped little goodies for years. She always manages to give me things that I love and that I haven't seen around town. She has increased my collections greatly.

You've inspired me...I need to get my stuff out today! The 4th is almost here!!

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I absolutely LOVE that adorable swag you made. It is so cute and festive. I love all of your decorations. I hope you are enjoying your days off this week. We need to meet at least once at the big pool down south. Let me know when you will be taking the gang. We'll come and bring some extra kids too. Love ya, Kathi We rented Vantage Point for tonight.

Judy said...

I love all your 4th decorations. Especially the rag swag.

yellowfarmhouse said...

What a great collection of Americana Sharon and you have it displayed so nice around your home. Have a wonderful and happy 4th of July

Hugs - Karen

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Wow, I really love that swag! All of your decorations are so fun & festive (as always!)

And you're going to make us wait ALL weekend before we hear the big announcement?! Aaack! :o) How 'bout a hint??! LOL

Hugs,
Mardell

Rosemary said...

I really like the christmas ornaments you incorporated! Cute garland :) rosemary

Kelli said...

I loved looking at your 4th of July decorations, Sharon! Too cute! Oh, I can't wait for your big announcement!
~Kelli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...