Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Our town is so patriotic and I love it!!!! Every year we have a huge 4th of July celebration and the whole town gets into it!

It starts with a community breakfast in the park and then we have a huge parade that lasts an hour! It is an old fashion parade with marching bands, horses, rodeo queens, Veterans, clowns and all kinds of decorated floats and of course they throw tons of candy. After the big parade we all walk over to the big carnival at the park with wonderful food booths and game booths, and lots of different acts of entertainment from barbershop quartets to soloists to clowns and magicians. It is so much fun! We see all our friends down there and everyone is so happy! It reminds me a lot of the big town celebration that is in the movie Pollyanna.

Our townspeople get so into the celebration of Independence Day and so many people dress up their homes with patriotic decorations. I thought I would show you a few pictures of some of the homes that I think are decorated really cute.

I love these half moon flag looking banners. I finally bought one this year. I like the flowers hanging on this porch.
This house is just so cute and clean. I love the crisp flag hanging outside and the patriotic banner hanging on the railing.
Can you see all the mini flags up near their porch? They look so cute.

The house above has always been one of my favorites, look at those red stairs up to the porch! Their flag looks so good flying there.
The one above is one of my favorites. The people who lived there took a very plain, neglected home and fixed it up perfect! I would love to see the inside! I love how they decorated it for the 4th.
This blue house is one of the best! It's colors are perfect for the 4th! I love driving by her house for every holiday because she always has it decorated so cute.
People started lining up their chairs last night for the parade when I drove through at 6:00! So Brittany and I took our chairs down and saved our usual spot. This will be Brittany's first time seeing our parade. We invited Mackenzie and Brittany to spend the night so they would be here bright and early for the parade. She got to sleep in the new Country Cottage guest room! :0)

We had a fun night last night with them visiting and spending the night. Eric barbecued his famous chicken and we had store bought salads and jo-jos. We rented a movie and Mackenzie, Brittany and Hayden took a midnight swim (it really wasn't midnight, just dark!). Today we will have a big breakfast before we head down to the parade.

After we have fun at the park we will come home and hang out here for awhile and swim. I am not quite sure what all our kids will be doing, they kind of have their own tradition of taking a gang of their friends and going to lake. Later we will go to our friends house for a big swimming party and barbecue. I think we will go home after that and watch the fireworks from our house, as we have an excellent view of them, and we will set off our own fireworks out in the street. I LOVE 4th of July!!!!
Here's a picture of the front of our home. I bought one of those half moon patriotic banners, but realize now that I need at least three, perhaps more. I love how they look!!!
By just poking in some .99 cent mini flags into my flowerpots really jazzed it up!
I have a couple of Americana pillows and a Chinese checker board painted in red, white and blue.
Just another simple flag placed into my flowers. I found the cute red and white lanterns at the dollar store.
I love to put pots of flowers on my deck, they add such a fresh, crisp look to everything! I found the flag picnic basket at the Goodwill. I thought it looked cute just sitting on the front porch.

I would like to wish all of you the best Independence Day. Let us all take a minute to stop and thank God for our beautiful country and to thank all of our soldiers past and present for their dedication and sacrifice to fight for our freedom.

God Bless America!

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
Psalm 34:8

Love, Sharon

To see more patriotic home please check out Kari & Kijsa's blog! Also, scroll down to my post from July 1st to see me patriotic decorations for the interior of my home!

****Watch for a Big Announcement****
*****Monday, July 7th!!!!*****

21 comments:

Michelle said...

Sharon ~ Hope you & your family enjoy a wonderful 4th of July!!!

Terri and Bob said...

I am here from Kari and Kijsa's flag parade! I thought I would go to the other end of the list and see what is going on! Your town sounds so much fun!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love the blue house best. You're right about the colors.

Candy said...

Happy 4th of July, many blessings!

Linda said...

Happy 4th of July Sharon! It's going to a wonderful day for all. Hugs, Linda

jennifer in canada said...

Thank you Sharon for sharing all the festivities and decorations.I really enjoy the photos. I love all the houses and colors. I have a blue lantern like the red ones you have on your porch-it would go so perfectly! I am Canadian so we just had our day on July 1st. We don't ever do the day as big as Americans but it was nice and there are flags being flown etc. and it is a national holiday.

I live in BC and a friend of ours has a vacation place just over the border in Washington. He says the fourth of July is his favorite down there because of all the fireworks and celebrations.Lat time I was down at his place was just after the 4th and I really liked all the flower planters people had made up with red, white and blue flowers. Just beautiful!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Hope the Weather is good!
Jennifer

Tammy said...

Praise the Lord there are still places like this in America!

I absolutely love the photos of your town. My neighborhood is an older neighborhood in our town and we all have flags placed at our mailbox by one of our neighbors.

And I am PROUD to be an American too!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Great images.
Everytime I hear the Lee Greenwood song I tear up. My husband played it at his retirement cermeony from the A.F. in conjunction with showing photos of friends he had known and lost during his military career.

luvmy4sons said...

With every post I want to come and be your next door neighbor! Happy fourth to you and your family!

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... What a fun post! Your town sounds alot like where I live... same type of celebration(s) are going on here today, also! My Husband and youngest son walked up town to watch the parade and then down to the park for a walk through all of the craft and food vendors booths. They are going to check out the car show, too. They took their cell phones and will be calling me before they walk back home, to see if I want a "treat"... God sure did bless me with such loving Men in my life... and blessed us with an amazing Country to live in, too. Be safe and have a wonderful holiday with all of your loved ones! God bless...

~hugs~
Pearl

Daughter of the King said...

Happy 4th...it sounds like a wonderful celebration in your neck of the woods...
Reminds me of Mayberry.

Deby

Bobbie said...

It looks like you have a wonderful small town- and your house is so pretty! Happy 4th!

B said...

I am a big lover of buntings, too.
We have them on our front porch.

Enjoy your holiday.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon!Happy 4th!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Robin

Kari & Kijsa said...

What a great selection of flag-flying homes and photos!! Loved seeing the chairs lined up for the parade! Hope your day was flag-flying fabulous!!

Happy Independence Day!
kari & kijsa

Darlene said...

Oooooo it sounds like you live in such a neat area. Too cool! I love your porch it looks so comfy and patriotic.

Penless Thoughts said...

Enjoyed the tour of your city and then your decorations. Sounds like a lovely place.
Susan

Brenda said...

Beautiful post!I would love to be in a town that pulled together like this. I can just feel the love here this morning Sharon as your music plays!

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I love your porches and the beautiful song. I'll chat more later. I love you, Kathi

Sondra said...

I love all those cute houses. I drove around trying to find some decorated houses here, but no luck! I only have a few things up myself.

Ruthie said...

Your house looks so pretty. I love the big porch in front.
I'v always loved porches. Do you sit out there often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...