Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Memories

Here we are ready and waiting for the 4th of July parade to start. From left to right, Brittany, Mackenzie, and Eric's parents Alice and Jim.
The rest of our group, from left to right, Hayden, our friend Ben and his daughter, Eric and I. I am so glad that we put our chairs out the night before, it was so crowded! We had perfect front row seats!
I just wanted to share some of the cute floats. So many people went all out with their entries. I love the patriotism!!!
I love this one! It is the Rosie the Riveter Association. These women were women who worked in the factories during WWII! Amazing!
Brittany and I having fun! This was Brittany's first time seeing our parade and she loved it!
The Red Hat Society! Aren't they cute!
A nicely decorated fire truck! It is so clean and shiny, just beautiful!
Kenzie and Brittany having so much fun! We got so much candy!
Hey.......look at these cute boys! Oh......that's my son Grayson and his friend Garrett!
They entered with their bikes that they added the chain saw motors too!

Grayson has a flag on the back, he said it was so much fun being in the parade.


I love the horses.
Hayden soaking it all in.
This was one of my favorites, they really went all out on this one!
Isn't this one cute! Look how big the horses are!
After the parade Kenzie gives it a thumbs up!
We had fun!
Eric's parents enjoyed it. Now we will head down to the park to see the entertainment and check out all the booths.
Eric and I.
We hooked up with Grayson and his sweetie Rachelle at the park. In the afternoon we all kind of did our own thing. The kids all went to different parties and were in and out. Hayden brought some friends home and they swam a little. Brittany and Kenzie went to his boss's house for a BBQ and then came home to swim and hang out. Grayson went to a couple of different parties and BBQs with Rachelle. In the evening Eric and I went up to our friends house for a BBQ party.
When it got dark we went back home to light our own fireworks and watch big firework show. We are close enough to where the show is we can see them great from our house. Cameron is in Spokane, Washington and I miss him so much. Grayson went to the big show with Rachelle and we let Hayden go to the show with his friends. I was a little sad that all of my kids were not with me. This was the first 4th of July night that Hayden was not with us, life just keeps moving on and the kids keep growing up. I am trying so hard to not be sad about this, but to be excited about the start of something new.
I am so glad that Mackenzie and Brittany hung out with us. Brittany was so cute! She really was getting into lighting off the fireworks that we bought. She told me that it was so fun for her because she grew up in California and they were not allowed to do street fireworks. She was like a kid in a candy store!
Even though we didn't have all our kids with us, we had a great night.
When the official big fireworks show started Eric set up a ladder for us to get on the roof. We had great seats!
It was a great way to end our special 4th of July day.
I hope that all of you had a wonderful 4th of July! Again, many thanks to all our troops for fighting for our freedom.
God Bless America!

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14

Blessings, Sharon

****Watch for a Big Announcement****
*****Monday, July 7th!!!!*****

21 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Wow, you really had a great 4th of July celebration! For some reason I get really choked up at parades ~ I think because I'm so swollen with pride! Usually have to bring a tissue or two. (And I was in marching band for 4 years, & it brings back such fond memories.)

Thanks so much for posting lovely pictures & sharing your corner of the world with us. We're going to see fireworks tonight ~ it'll be my four year old's 1st time.

Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Good morning Mardell! I hope you have fun with your family tonight! I want to hear all about how your 4 year old reacted to the fireworks! How cool that you were in the marching band, what did you play?

Hugs, Sharon

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This looked like so much fun.

I was really touched by the Rosie the Riveter association. How wonderful that those women are still being remembered for their war work.

Lori said...

Sharon, Thanks for sharing your great hometown! beats my larger town that had shootings, fires (3 at once, almost ran out of firetrucks!)and no parade! Glad i finally got to visit awhile today! Take care,Lori

Linda said...

The parade was so cool...loved the floats. You all looked so cute in your chairs. Sounds like a wonderful day and ending with fireworks....can't get much better then that. Hugs, Linda

Sondra said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day too! It is kind of hard because all the boys go off and do thier own things now, but I think we both still had a great day! Eventually we will have to get used to all that :)
That was so funny what you said about the picture of my fireworks. I had to look at it twice before I got it. LOL!

Ruthie said...

I loved, loved, loved the pictures of your day. It reminded me of the little town my parents lived in for the 18 years before my Dad went to be with the Lord. We always loved to be in that town on holidays to see the parade and all the festivities. It made me lonesome for those special days with my parents.
Also, I remember so well when our 3 kids grew up, married, went to college etc. and the changes in our lives as they had new horizons. It was hard not to be sad as they took wings and it was definately hardest for me, I think. But as time has gone by, we've developed new traditions with our children, now all grown with their own families - and it's a good time of life, too. So I understand your mixed feelings at this time - but it'll be wonderful later, too.
Hugs. And thanks for sharing all those pictures of your day - it was such fun to see them.

Kim said...

Now that is my kind of fun. An all American parade. We have been in DC on the fourth and it is highly overrated- lots of barely clothed and drunk people (and that was 20 years ago) is not my idea of fun.
It looks like your town knows how to have a good time.

Michelle said...

WOW ~ looks like you guys had quite an amazing time! Don't ya just love happy times with your family & friends like that? Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures & how you spent the 4th of July holiday :)

Have a lovely Sunday!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

We have a little town parade very similar to yours. We set up our chairs along the street as well!

Our fireworks were canceled due to rain. They rescheduled for tonight. Hopefully the sky will be clear.

One more day until the BIG announcement. You've peaked all our curiosities!

Gina

Terri and Bob said...

I am so excited at how well the parade turned out! It looks like you had perfect seats. Our fourth was fill with fun and friends and the blessings of our Lord, who needs more than that?

Terri and Bob said...

The verdict on the cake: AWESOME. Make sure it cools completely before you cut it as it is incredibly tender. Also, use diet soda with splenda instead of aspartame. To figure the calories, look at your cake mix box. Since the diet soda adds no calories, it is whatever the dry mix calories are (as long as you have the same number of servings!) In other words... it is low!

luvmy4sons said...

Yours was truly a classic American celebration! How wonderful!

Mardell said...

Sharon,
He had a BALL last night! He sat on my mom's lap the entire time & she said he felt light as a feather! He was truely mesmerized. He said the fireworks sounded like popcorn! :o) It was worth getting home at midnight for!

I played the clarinet in marching band. We HAD to memorize our songs. Hard work, yet very rewarding!

Hope you're having a great Sunday.
Hugs,
Mardell

Judy said...

Happy 4th Sharon, I love your pictures especially the Red Hat Society ladies they so cute :)
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Judy

SweetAnnee said...

Oh..what a great fourth you had.
I just stopped in to say hi..and I love
ya
I'll be back for your announcement Monday
I'll have one too..
hugs to you
deena

Daughter of the King said...

OKAY...
Tomorrow is Monday...BIG annoucement...waiting here..
My guesses:
1. You are expecting (why not)
2. You are buying a new house
3. Wedding date has been set
4. ran out of ideas....

BTW...your parade was so out of Mayberry, how sweet to have that kind of town and sweet memories... Enjoyed the pictures very much, Sharon.

Deby

Sharon said...

Mardell, I'm so glad that your little one enjoyed the fireworks! How very special and sweet! You sound like you had such a great time!

Hugs, Sharon

Kelly said...

What a great 4th of July, Sharon! Your family always has such a blast together - I love it! Hope you all enjoy a very blessed July...and lookin' forward to that big announcement! :o)

Feathering My Nest said...

Dear Sharon, I am taking a blogging break this week, but I am stopping by your blog to say hello. What a fun 4th of July you all had. I love small town USA!! I love that Red Hat society. That's one of those things that I have already decided on doing when I reach "That" age. It's a done deal. I think they are so cute. Your seats on the roof look so fun with all of you together; minus a few, but looks so cozy. I love you and I'll be stopping by your blog only, and just taking a needed break. Kathi

Jan Parrish said...

Looks like great fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...