Friday, June 20, 2008

Shedding some light!

Or should I say, lightening up the shed? LOL! Just look at this embarrassing pile of junk! This all came out of our backyard shed! We cleaned it out this weekend. This is a couple of years worth of junk from every family member. We have an old broken fish aquarium, an old bird cage, a broken card table, old boards, old motors, old patio furniture, etc. Yuck! How do these things accumulate?
It filled the back of Eric's big truck! Now it is off to the dump.
Yea, it's all cleaned up now!
Here's the shed now! I wish I would have taken a before picture! I know it still looks junky, but it really isn't. There is an order to it!
Grayson and his friend Garrett use this area as their work bench for their inventions. You can see his gas powered remote control car sitting there.We use it for a potting shed and this is where I keep all my porch and deck seasonal decorations.
I have lots of fun things here! You can see my fall decorations, and some of the Easter things. I think it's time I get out my 4th of July things!
We put candles in these old cheese graters and they make the best luminaries. They are very rustic and cute. They are a perfect way to light the way of our path to our nighttime parties.
Above is a little chair that I just couldn't throw away. My mother and father bought Mackenzie and Cameron a little table and chairs set. We used it for all the boys for many years. Eventually they outgrew it and it got moved out to their fort. The rest of the set was broken and thrown out, but I saved this little chair.

I hope I didn't bore you with these pictures of our garden shed!

"As we have opportunity, let us do good to all people." Galations 6:10

Hugs, Sharon

14 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Your energy level always amazes me. Congratulations on another job well done.

Penless Thoughts said...

Very good clean up job and orderly shed.
Susan

Penless Thoughts said...

Very good clean up job and orderly shed.
Susan

Kelli said...

You did a great job cleaning out your garden shed, Sharon! The little chair is sweet...I would keep it too. I also love all of your cheese graters. Such a great idea to use them for luminaries!
~Kelli

Michelle said...

Doesn't it make you feel wonderful to clean things up? I know it does for me! Sharon, put that little chair on your porch and put a plant on it, real, or fake, who cares? Or put it up in your new guest room with a little suitcase under it, or on the seat, with a few of your children's books. Don't hide it!
Michelle

Daughter of the King said...

oh we love to sort out and toss and take those dump runs...
shed looks good to me..what a GRATE idea for the luminaries...
You need to write a book and start doing some classes on all the stuff you do, you are a natural.
Nice and sunny today in the Puget Sound....woooohooooo.
Deby

Ruthie said...

You are certainly busy these days - fixing up your guest room, cleaning out the shed.....
That little chair is so great. Someday one of your kids will be married and have a child, and it can come out of storage to be used for the grandchild. We have chairs that our kids used - and then the grandkids enjoyed them.
Makes it fun to see them in the generations!
Hugs.

Feathering My Nest said...

Way to go Shar. You are so good at organizing. Love ya, Kathi

Julieann said...

oh, how fun!! I love the cheese grater idea--I just need to find ohhhh, 20 of them...LOL:)

Julieann

luvmy4sons said...

You are a busy busy bee! Inspiring! Sheds are supposed to look like...SHEDS! Yours looks great!

Sondra said...

I love that idea about the cheese graters! That is so cool. Oh, my garage is WAY worse than yours!! I have been off line all week but was reading your blog from my cell phone! That is pretty bad- huh. Well, I had to have some form of entertainment at work :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Good for you having a big spring clean out like that! It makes you feel so good when something like that is all sorted out again, doesn't it! Hope you're having a terrific weekend sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Jan said...

Of course you didn't bore us! I love that you're able to put all your outdoor decorations out in your shed! What a great idea with the cheese graters! I may borrow that one!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Jan

Jaderocks said...

Boy you are just one project after another. Your beautiful guest room and now this quaint shed I wouldn't mind a little tour just to look at all your goodies out here. You definitely have good taste even in the shed. I love the idea of the luminaries. It looks so nice and organized. I have been working my head off unfortunately it is not at home it is at work, UGH.
Have a beautiful day
Roxy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...