Monday, June 30, 2008

My new job!

I am finally getting around to telling you about my new job! Actually, it is not so new anymore, I've been there for two months already! I am LOVING it! I am so thankful to the Lord for giving me this new job! I know His hand was in it!

I work part-time in a doctor's office and I do basically the same thing that I did when I worked for the cardiac surgeons except I don't schedule surgeries. We are still in transition since the physician at this office is out on maternity leave and we have different doctors from another clinic covering, but it is really great. I check patients in for their appointments, schedule new appointments, answer the phone and do a lot of trouble shooting, get charts ready, a little filing etc. There is a lot of variety to the job and I get up and down a lot throughout the day, which I really like. The days go by pretty fast and the pace will pick up even more when our doctor comes back.
I love it that I am just two minutes from my house, and look at the neat people who come by to visit! Above is a picture of Mackenzie popping in to say hello and below is Grayson and Hayden coming in to ask me if they can go to the lake. This is the little window in front of my desk.
I love the people I am working with; they are all so nice. I can't believe the difference in the stress level with this job, there really is no stress and the people are all really positive and fun. I couldn't ask for a nicer boss, she is so understanding and supportive. She is giving me the schedule that I want to work too. I am really, really happy and thankful!

"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." Proverbs 16:3

Hugs, Sharon

19 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! (aka "Queen of Coffee Cups!") :o)

I'm so happy that you're enjoying your job ~ I've been wondering how you're doing! That sounds like an IDEAL job! I would love doing something like that. You are truly blessed. And it's so wonderful that you're so close to home!

I don't have many good ideas for your decorating dilemma ~ however, you've certainly gotten alot of great ideas from these lovely gals! I know you'll come up with something wonderful! You always do!

Have a great Monday!
Hugs,
Mardell

Sharon said...

Good morning Mardell! Yes, I do enjoy my new job, however, I really would prefer to be a full time housewife, but we can't have everything we want. Working part-time actually is very, very nice I can pretty much stay on top of everything at home and I do enjoy many things that my job brings me....including a pay check and insurance benefits! LOL!

Have a great Monday!

Hugs, Sharon

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'll bet the patients love you. I'm sure you must be so pleasant and cheeful to deal with.

BTW, you look great in your office area.

Judy said...

How wonderful to have a boss like that. I had a job like that until the Hospital was bought out and the new higher ups changed things around. My new schedule didn't fit me so I left and couldn't be happier. God does have a plan for us and mine was to leave.
Have a wonderful Monday.
Judy

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I have been wondering how your job's been going. I am so happy for you to have great people to work with and low stress. It's so good too that you are close to home. Your boys are all so handsome, and it is wonderful that they love seeing you. Love, Kathi
That song is one of my faves.

Kelly said...

What a great place to be, close to home, great people to work with and enjoying what you do! Enjoy your Monday!

Love,
Kelly

Mary said...

Sharon,

It looks like you found the job that God had planned for you. You look right at home in front of your computer and I know that the patients are treated well with you at the desk.

Enjoy your week. I hope you meet many wonderful people.

Blessings,
Mary

Jan said...

I always say that we are exactly where we're supposed to be, and it looks like that's how it's working out for you! I'm so happy you're enjoying your new job! : ) That's so important! I feel so blessed that I "fell" into my current job. It is perfect for me and I'm loving it! Take care!

Jan

Stephanie said...

Isnt it nice to enjoy your job rathen than not?! I always say, you spend most of your day and most of your life at your job, you might as well enjoy it. It helps be a happier person!
I enjoy my job and I get summers off !
Thats neat that your boys stop by and see you. Makes it more worth it too!
Have a good day,
Stephanie

Ruthie said...

Sounds like you have found a great job. I was head nurse for a large pediatric practice for 18 1/2 yrs and I loved it. I would have loved to have someone like you, with your positive attitude and smiles at our front desk. Keep up the wonderful work you are doing.

Thanks for the meme. I will definately do the Mug one when I have a few minutes to photograph all my mugs. That'll be fun.

Hugs.

luvmy4sons said...

So glad you are enjoying your job. There are many seasons in a person's life. I too am working out of the home just a little bit albeit with family-my aunt. Your family always looks so great in your pics! Beautiful!

Daughter of the King said...

Great pictures Sharon, looks like a perfect *fit*.
Deby

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

Your job is perfect! It is so nice that you are so close to your home and especially that you get special visitors! :)

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh Sharon, sweetie I am very happy for you that you are loving your 'new' job! What a blessing it is for you to be so near to home too! Have a wonderful week dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Sondra said...

I am so happy that you love your new job. I love mine too! We got our $500 bonus this month too. I am close to home too and Aaron stopped by to see me one day.

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
Just stopping by to catch up on your blog, I've been offline for over a week because my computer had a virus. I'm so glad you love your job, I may be going back to work part time and if so I pray I find a job I love also.

Looks like you had a fantastic time with your friends on your Bag Lady retreat, you really scored some great treasures!

Have a great week!
Love, Velvia

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, your new job sounds great. It must be so nice being close to home, working with nice people and doing somthing you enjoy. I'm glad you are all settled in. Hugs, Linda

linda said...

Your job sounds perfect...the Lord knew just what you needed.

How fun that your kids get to stop by too!

Jan Parrish said...

Congratulations on your awesome new job. So glad you don't have to deal with that long commute anymore - especially with gas prices what they are now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...