Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Mugs Meme!

My sister, Kathi, at Feathering My Nest tagged me with a fun meme of showing your mug collection, so today I would like to show you my collection! I love to use a different coffee cup every day, so I have quite a few and none of them match!
I go through different stages of what type of cups I like. I buy all of them at Goodwill or garage sales and prefer to pay only .50 cents, but if I really like it will go up to .99 cents. LOL! Am I cheap or what???? I guess I don't like to pay much because I do like to buy them and have the variety and if I tire of them and give them back to the Goodwill, I don't feel guilty that I spent a lot of money on them! Lately I have been going through a floral stage in my taste for cups, above is a selection of my floral mugs. I really like it when the design goes all around and it's an added bonus for me if there is a flower on the inside or on the handle. I am picky about the size and weight of my cups. I don't like them too heavy or too big, but actually, lately I am changing a little about that too! What can I say......I'm a complicated woman!!!
I also have been in a stage lately of liking solid color yet with a pattern on them mugs. I really like the green leaf pattern in the front.
Here are some fun ones that I use when I'm feeling perky. I am an odd person because I don't just grab a cup out of the cupboard in the morning, I CHOOSE my cup for whatever reason!
I just bought this one a couple of weeks ago. I found it at Goodwill and paid a whopping .99 cents because I really like it! It is heavy red glass and I just think it is cool.

I bought the vintage 60s cup in honor of my sister Kathi, she likes the pedestal cups with these old fashion patterns on them. I just really liked the green glass one in the back, no particular reason, I just like the shape and color.
For many years I bought only the little petite mugs, sadly never realizing that my hubby's fingers could not fit in the holes! One day he mentioned it to me, so I was on a quest to find him big mugs with big handles that had "manly" prints on them. He seems to really enjoy his mugs!
On the top shelf of this cabinet I have my seasonal coffee cups. I know, I'm a weirdo, but I think it is fun to have mugs for the seasons and holidays.
Here is a little sample of my holiday cups starting with Valentine's Day and ending with Thanksgiving. All my Christmas mugs are stored away.
My favorite coffee cup is what you see above........a FILLED coffee cup! Would you like to come over for a cup of coffee with me????

That's the end of my show! I would like to tag a few of my friends and ask you to show us your coffee cups:


I hope that all of you have a wonderful, restful, relaxing and fun weekend!

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:13

Blessings, Sharon

17 comments:

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Guess which one is my favorite...your American flag one!! I adore it! Thats because im in love with the US flag (its so much prettier than our Canadian one LoL) but I like all your mugs/cups.
Hugs
candy

BittersweetPunkin said...

Holy Cow thats a lot of cups!! I would LOVE to play along although my collection is not as large or as interesting as yours!!
Have a great weekend Sharon!
Hugs,
Robin

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I love your mugs and how they coordinate in color. You are the one who got me started I think? I think maybe we both got each other onto it. I love yours. It was so fun last night. Mackenzie and Brittany are so talented, and they are being used by the Lord. Love, Kathi

Sondra said...

Love your mugs. I really like that red one. Very cool! You have a large collection of them. I was really excited to see that you tagged me for something but Kathi tagged me a few weeks ago and I already showed mine :(

linda said...

I so enjoyed seeing your collection of cups...my favorites are the holiday cups. I've always decorated for each holiday too and a holiday cup is just plain fun isn't it!

I've never been a coffee drinker so I don't have a collection...hubby drinks coffee every morning and yes, likes those manly cups too. I think he bought himself 2 or 3 on our recent trip to Colorado. He even bought a couple for his friends...cute huh!?!

Hava a great weekend Sharon!

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... I just loved, loved, loved this post! You and I could be twin sisters in regards to coffee, mugs, cups, and how we pick out certain ones for certain moods and time of year! Your collecion is simply stunning... and I was especially fond of the creamy white one with the acorns on it. Of course, anything with a rose (pink is even better)! I noticed your glass container on the counter, filled with cookie cutters! Such a cute way to store and display them! Thanks so much for sharing... I'm off to read more! God bless...

~hugs~
Pearl

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Great mugs. We have a big variety too. We often get one or two on vacation.

I love your floral ones and the solid ones with the raised design. I agree that gren one is great.

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, you have a wonderful collection of mugs! I love this tag, it's too fun and can hardly wait to share mine.

A cup of coffe sounds great...I'll be over in a few. I collect watermelons so could I please have my coffee in your watermelon cup? Hugs, Linda

Cottage Contessa said...

Ooohhh I loved this post because I too am a collector of cups/mugs, and yes, I'm fussy about them too! I also have to select a new one for each day too, depending upon my mood that day! lol
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

jennifer said...

My eye went STRAIGHT to the Jadeite mugs hanging from cup hooks.

I've missed you! Sorry I haven't been by in a while but things are within a couple of weeks of getting back to normal.

PRAISE GOD!!

Take Care Sharon.

Jen

Branderella said...

i love love love the rose/floral pattern. That is funny you use different ones, my parents rotate between a couple but never use the others even though we have a million others! Have a good weekend =D

Tammy said...

I loved seeing your mug collection, Sharon!
And yes, I am exactly the same way! I look for the mug I'm in the mood for, too! :D
Yours are so nice, and you have such a variety of styles!

Jan Parrish said...

I would love to come to have coffee with you! What a fun Meme. I'll post my mug meme on Monday. :)

I love your last mug too. (((H)))

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me in your meme. I took a picture of three coffee mugs. I would have to say that really only one is decorative. The other two came from the Rain Forest Cafe. I do not have a colleciton and none of them are decorative. Any that have been were gifts in the past and are now broken-long gone-and there are only a few measley ugly ones are left. Thanks for thinking of me though. I would hate to even post the few I have! LOL!

Lille meg said...

You have a lot of mugs, and they are all beautiful!
Wish you a great week!

Jan Parrish said...

My mugs are up. I don't have nearly the collection you do. :)

Rosemary said...

I love the scotty dog one :) I actually have the dishes that match it ;) rosemary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...