Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jesus

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."
Revelation 3:20

This is one of my favorite pictures of Jesus and favorite passages from the Bible. I loved this picture when I was a little girl. For some reason it makes me feel really loved and secure. I love what it is saying, that Jesus is not barging through the door of our hearts, He is gently standing there knocking hoping we will open the door and invite Him in. Notice that there is no door knob, the door of our hearts can only be opened from the inside; we are the only ones who can ask Him in.


I had such a great week with my girlfriends! I am so blessed with my wonderful friends. I will fill you in next week. It is good to be home with my family, I really missed them. I hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday afternoon.


God bless you, Sharon

4 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This picture brings back memories. It was hanging in my parents' dining room as I was growing up.

I love that passage too.

Feathering My Nest said...

This has always been one of my favorite paintings also. I'm so glad you had a great time with your friends. Love ya, Kathi

Kelly said...

Me too, it is such a reassuring verse, and the painting always makes me feel warm and safe.....I love it.

Have a great week!

Kelly

Linda said...

I love this picture and verse too. It brings back happy memories of my Sunday school days many, many years ago. Hugs, Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...