Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hayden's 8th grade Graduation!

Last night my youngest son, Hayden, graduated from the 8th grade! We are so proud of him!
He had a "skip" day at school and they had a party at a bowling alley. He had a very fun day. Before the graduation ceremony we gave him a small gift and a card to tell him how proud we are.
All the boys, Eric and I and Brittany attended the ceremony. Above are my two oldest sons, Mackenzie and Cameron, we were trying to do a repeat of the picture below that was taken 3 years earlier at Grayson's 8th grade graduation.

Do you think they have changed much???? Cameron had his hair dyed black. To me now they have more of a mature look.
This year they did it a lot more casual than years past. They let the kids wear these awesome t-shirts that the school gave them and they sat at round tables. Above you can see Hayden standing in the line, he is the 4th one from the left. He got the President's Education Award with a special pin for academic achievement for maintaining a 3.5 to 4.0 GPA. We are so proud!!!
Here he is receiving his middle school "diploma". What a special moment!!!

My baby! Oh my goodness, where did the time fly? He is the last of our boys to be at the middle school. Now, he is moving on to high school. This seems unbelievable to me!

Kenzie and Brittany enjoying the festivities......well......for a little while any way. The ceremony was waaayyyy too long! It lasted two hours. We all were getting just slightly irritated because it went on so long. They honored every body and everything from the girl who designed the t-shirts to the janitor who has been working there for 30 years!!! The crowd was getting very restless, but we survived and we are very proud of our son's achievement!
Proud father with son.
Proud mother with son.
Proud brothers, teasing their little baby brother.
Straighten up boys so I can get a good picture.......well almost, Kenzie closed his eyes! Wow, now we have two sons all grown and moved out, one graduated from college, one still in college and soon to be married, one is going to be a senior in high school next year and our baby will be a freshman in high school. I thought I might be really sad today because my kids are all growing up, but I woke up feeling really happy and great and I'm really thankful!!!

"My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life." Proverbs 6:20-23

Love, Sharon

22 comments:

Amy Ellen said...

Thank you for your kind words Sharon!! I appreciate the encouragment. Congrats on your wonderful boys. They really look like great kids. I know you are proud of them!!!
Hugs
Amy

luvmy4sons said...

Such an awesome family...I love your pics and your stories of your gatherings! My baby of four boys will be in 7th grade. It is hard to believe isn't it how fast the time goes! One off to college for the first time for me...will I make it? Can I endure the change? It's nice to know someone who has been there already!

Feathering My Nest said...

Congratulations Hayden!! Your boys are all very handsome. Thank you for always encouraging me, Sharon, I appreciate you so much. You may cut and paste the Blogging Buddy kitties to your blog from me. If you already have that award you can just add: "Also from Kathi" to it. Have a great day off. Love ya, Kathi

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
How sweet! Gosh, Hayden will be entering HS this year! I was looking at your archives from last year & it's amazing how much he's matured within the last 12 months. Congrats to him for earning such high grade honors ~ that is exceptional! :o)

They don't have 8th grade graduation here at our little "Podunk" school. I imagine it gives the students a great sense of accomplishment & anchors their stepping stone into high school.

Great photos ~ I like how you had the "same" shot, three years in between!

Hugs,
Mardell

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You have such handsome sons, Sharon. And good students too. No wonder you are happy and proud.

Ruthie said...

I was just thinking how special it was that all the older boys come to the special events. It shows they have had good training and feel the family is important.
Good for you on raising such great kids!
Smiles.

Judy said...

Congratulations to Hayden. How nice that all your boys were there. We are thinking of having all our children attend the graduation when our youngest graduates from High School in 3 years.
I know how you feel. I look at it as this is how life is supposed to go.

Joyfull said...

You have such a great looking family! I love seeing pictures of your boys and sharing in their special moments. Our middle son graduated 8th grade, but the school didn't do anywhere near an elaborate celebration. Thanks for sharing!

Daughter of the King said...

Congratulations to Hayden and his parents..it is a milestone for all of you...
Deby

Julieann said...

Yay!!! Happy Graduation!! :o)

Julieann

Jaderocks said...

What a milesone for Hayden. Congrats Hayden on the award. I love that picture of Cameron and Makenzie now and 3 years ago. They do look more mature now. It was nice that the whole family was able to attend the ceremony together.
Roxy

Sharon said...

Thank you Mardell, we are very proud! Maybe you can suggest that your school start something, it doesn't have to be big, but just an acknowledgement that they have achieved something!

Have a happy evening!

:0) Sharon

shekinahhvac said...

Congradulations to your son. What a fun time for you all! WooHoo
Blessings

Stephanie said...

We have 8th grade grad. tomorrow night. We had one graduate from high school and one graduate from Middle school , all within two weeks. My middle daughter got her license in that time period too!
My life has been crazy busy lately!!
Anywho- Farm Chicks was in Spokane! It is SOOOO worth the drive, you gotta go next year!
Have a great week & congrats to your son :)
Stephanie

colbycottage said...

Hi Sharon thanks for visiting my blog.We are knew to blogging but I am finding it is a great way to find others with common interests and values. As you can see by my blog my family is also what I get most pleasure from,I can see you also enjoy family. Congrats on wonderful boys and thanks for boldly sharing your faith! love Kath

Jan Parrish said...

Love this post. What a fun bunch you have. I love the repeat photo.

I just want to clarify something, we have only been married 25 years, it's been 30 since the day we met. :) I was 18 when we were married, not 13. 13 when we met as per the photo's. LOL

Jan Parrish said...

BTW - Hayden looks just like his dad.

Penless Thoughts said...

You certainly should be proud. Cute the way you duplicated the picture. Yes, they look much more mature.
Susan

Sondra said...

Congrats to Hayden. Austin will be going into the 8th grade next year. His school is the bulldogs too! I love the repeat picture you took of the two boys. Yes, they do look so much more mature now. Funny how they grow up so fast.

Simply Heart And Home said...

You have such a lovely family, Sharon. Congratulations to your son on his graduation!

Beth said...

You have a great looking family. You should be so proud. They are all such nice young ment!!! I have two boys, 3 and 1 !! Just starting out with them and I can only hope that they turn out as nice as yours!!! It can be tough sometimes. Did you ever hope for a girl?? I do at times, but I would be happy with whatever god gives us,
Beth

Sharon said...

Dear Beth,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Welcome! Thank you for your sweet compliments about my sons. They have been such a blessing to me! Everytime I got pregnant, I would always wonder about having a girl, but like you I always said I would be happy with what God gave us and I would pray that the baby would be perfect, healthy and beautiful. I have only felt bad that I didn't have a girl just a few times. One time was several years ago at a Christmas pagent at church and I saw all the little girls in their pretty velvet dresses. But those moments were very few and they were fleating. I am thankful for my four wonderful sons and now I am soon to get a wonderful daughter-in-law! Someday I might get grand-daughters too!

Have a happy evening!

:0) Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...