Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish my husband a wonderful Father's Day! The Lord has blessed me so much with such a great husband who is such a great father! I have a lot of pictures here of Eric as a young father. Above is a picture of him walking with Mackenzie and Cameron.
Eric has always been such an involved father. Above is a picture of him holding Hayden. This is how he used to hold the boys when they were babies. It always made me laugh because this is how he holds his chain saw for work! The babies loved it!
Eric has always had the boys all around him when he worked or played. Above is a picture of him digging a fence post hole and he is letting Grayson see how deep it is. Grayson looks so happy! Hayden is standing by waiting for his turn. Look at Hayden's cute stance, it cracks me up!
Now it's Hayden's turn, just look at Hayden's grin!
Here we are at a hot springs lodge where we stayed for New Year's eve.
Working on the bikes! Mackenzie (and all the boys) used to go to his Daddy with any and all broken things. One day I saw him running to the garage with a broken toy and I asked him where he was going he said he was going to put the toy on the workbench because "Daddy fick'n it" for Dad's fixing it. I thought that was sooo cute. Boy's copy their father's and I am so thankful that my boy's father is such a hard worker and a man with excellent character. He has been such a great role model for the boys to follow!
Having fun at the coast!
Eric has taught our sons so much, one thing in particular.....fishing! They have so many great memories of fishing with their Daddy!

Helping Daddy blow out the candles......it looks like there are lots of candles on that cake! :0)
Here's Eric and our four boys camping! Eric has taught all of our sons so many things about being men by camping. We have had so many great memories with our family while camping!
At the 3D show at Disneyland!
Working hard in the yard!
Grayson bringing Eric breakfast in bed that he made all by himself.................


....... for Father's day 2001.
Messing around at Kenzie's birthday party. I think this was Kenz's 19th birthday.
Cameron and Mackenzie playing with Daddy in the pool!
Teaching the boys the fine art of mini golf!
At the Zoo! Mackenzie, Grayson and Cameron. Hayden was not born yet!


It's a boy.........Mackenzie!
Another boy........Cameron!
Another boy.............Grayson!
Another boy.........Hayden!
Interesting TV watching style! This is baby Grayson. Eric had his own unique parenting style! As I was looking through the old albums, there are so many pictures of Eric holding the babies! He loved holding them and playing with them. He also changed diapers!!! :0)

Having lunch with Daddy at work!
Getting carried away by Daddy.....feeling safe and secure and having fun! I love my husband so much and I am so thankful that he has always been such an excellent father. Happy Father's Day Eric!
I also have a few more good wishes to give. I would like to wish my Dad a happy Father's Day today! Above is a picture of my Daddy working in his beautiful yard! Thank you Dad for being such a great father to me!
I would also like to wish Eric's father, Jim, a very happy Father's Day. Thank you Jim for being such a great father to Eric and for being such a great father-in-law to me!
And one more person who is special today, Alice, my mother-in-law, today is her 72nd birthday! Eric was so blessed to have such a great mother and I am so blessed to have such a great mother-in-law.

Thank you Lord for these very special people that you have placed in my life!

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Love, Sharon

12 comments:

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, What a beautiful loving tribute to Eric, who is all those things you mentioned in your post. You and I are both indeed, blessed. I love the way you included pictures of the baby boys as each was born. I love your post. Have a lovely day today. Love, Kathi

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Yes, what a wonderful tribute to Eric! (And your father, his dad & also your sweet MIL, Alice!)

It's amazing how much your boys resemble their father! Especially those younger pictures of Eric ~ oh my! :o) I think he gets better looking with age, too! (wink!)

I hope you're having a splendid afternoon. Sure is beautiful here, too.

Hugs,
Mardell

Lille meg said...

Oh, do you celebrate Fathers Day in summer? In Norway we have that day in the autumn.
But it doesn't matter.
I can understand that you indeed love your husband,after these post.
Lucky you!
I wish you a happy day!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Terrific Father's Day tribute. It was great to see the photos from the years.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

Not sure if I have got the hang of how to work this - just to let you know I have sent you an email as not sure how to work the coments or chatbox - hope I have done this right.

Tracy (UK)

Jan Parrish said...

Great Fathers day post! Happy Fathers day.

BTW - you have an award on my blog.

Velvia said...

Hi Sharon!
I'm back from vacation, I just haven't blogged this past week, I've had a lot going on, thanks for stopping by!!

This is a wonderful Father's Day tribute to your husband, you and your boys are very blessed. Congratulations to Cameron on his college graduation, it's such an exciting time. It's kind of bittersweet though isn't it?

I hope you have an awesome week this coming week!
Love, Velvia

Brenda said...

Sharon you have such a beautiful family.

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in your life, and Happy Birthday to Alice too! I hope you are having a lovely start to the week sweetie! Oh Sharon, I REALLY really love the guest room make over you did a few posts ago. It is awesome!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Simply Heart And Home said...

What wonderful pictures! I love the ones with your husband and the boy and the next boy and the next and the next! Very cute! :)

You are blessed with such sweet men in your life!

Joyfull said...

Beautiful tribute for Father's Day. What a wonderful family you have!

Sharon said...

Thanks Mardell! You are so funny! I do think that the boys look an awful lot like their father! No fair huh! I'm the one who carried all of them for 9 months!

:0) Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...