Monday, June 23, 2008

Girl Time!!!!

I had the most wonderful time with my girlfriends, The BAG Ladies, last week! We traveled for a couple of hours to a resort and rented a house for three nights and four days. It was WONDERFUL! We had sooooo much fun! We left at 8:30 in the morning, grabbed a special coffee and took off! We stopped about an hour away for some breakfast. Then on we traveled to our beautiful house at the resort. Our tradition is that as soon as we get there we unload all our baggage and then we head to town for thrift shopping! Here we are outside of the Goodwill posing with a Goodwill Man poster!
I love the way that we do the meals. Each woman is in charge of one meal. We usually do left overs on the last morning and go out for dinner on the first night. This is the lunch that I made, which was build your own deli sandwich, grapes and chips with iced tea. One of the BAG Ladies could not make it (she was in Hawaii with her hubby), we missed her so much and were sad she wasn't with us, but she will be back with us next year! Another tradition that we have is a gift exchange. The only rule was it should be $10.00 and you need to buy it at a thrift store. We had the whole year to find something and we brought it with us.
We all brought our gifts all wrapped up and then we drew numbers and exchanged them. Look at the beautiful gifts we had! I won the square crystal candle holder towards the back and I LOVE it! It is super heavy and really, really pretty!Sitting around and visiting and relaxing. This was a no make-up day for me! Life is good!!!!
Another fun tradition we do is once we get there and start shopping, everyone has to find a pretty drinking glass that you will use the whole weekend. We have done this for many years and I have collected some gorgeous goblets. Mine is the red one in the back on the left. It is neat to see every one's taste.
Time for dinner! On this night we had spaghetti, salad and garlic bread, it was fantastic!
The girls making milkshakes for us to take on the road. They were like a stand up comedy skit, they were being so funny!!! Oh my goodness, what fun we have!
Here we are waiting for our milkshakes. We were headed for town for more shopping.
Morning time! Coffee, friends and great conversation, what more can you ask???
I drove this year. Here we are heading to more stores!
The girls being silly at the thrift store!
Waiting in line to pay.
We had to really be creative when we packed the van on the way home. Look how crammed full it is! We laughed so hard! The funny thing is, we still stopped at sales all the way home!!!
Here's the front seat, that space in between the seats is piled high!!!
So sad, the trip is over.....sigh. But, we had such a great time and all of us were missing our families. I look so big in this picture, I swear it is the shirt!!! LOL! Look at all our junk! I can't thank the Lord enough for my beautiful friends. It is just amazing to be able to go on a trip like this and to live together twenty-four hours a day for four days and we all got along so great! We laugh so hard, but we also share our burdens with one another, pray for one another, encourage one another and inspire one another. I truly feel blessed to be a BAG Lady!

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Hugs, Sharon

21 comments:

Ruthie said...

I'm so glad you found Wheeler!!!
Looks like you ladies had a wonderful time. Aren't our Christian friends a blessing??!!
Hugs.

Kelly said...

Oh Sharon you are such a fortunate woman! I have never been away with girlfriends, and this looks like so much fun. What a great feeling be surrounded by such great ladies!

Love,
Kelly

Feathering My Nest said...

Oh my goodness, Wheeler was missing. I'll scroll down and read about it. Sharon, What fun fun fun. You've inspired me to either ask if I could join, or start my own sometime, when my little guy is a bit older. What a great lovely group of humorous ladies. I'm so glad you can do this each year with them. Love, Kathi

Daughter of the King said...

oh this would be my idea of fun. In my neck of the woods, north of you there are 11 Thrift shops within a 1/2 hour from my house. I think doing this with Thrift shop friends would be BLISS...now you have to show us all of your treasures...
Deby

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a great time. That sounds like so much fun, friendship, shopping , good food and laughter! What more could you ask for?! Some friends and I did something similiar to this in Spokane at Farm Chicks. It feels so good to go do something like that but it also feels so good to come home and it makes you appreciate even more what we have !
We are all so Blessed!
Have a great week,
Stephanie

Penless Thoughts said...

You are truly 6 blessed gals.
Susan

Kelley said...

Oh Sharon, how fun for you!
So glad that you got to go!
How blessed you are that you have such wonderful friends!

Wishing you a wonderful day and week ahead!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon! I'm so glad Wheeler was found too! :o)

Being a BAG lady looks like so much fun ~ I love it! How fortunate you all are to be able to have this get-away every year. Just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Mardell

linda said...

Hi Sharon,

First off, thank goodness you found Wheeler. I'm sooo glad he's safe and sound!

Secondly, I WANNA BE A BAG LADY!!
It looks like you girls have a ball! You are fortunate to have a group of friends like these, very fortunate!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

What a delightful four days! Oh gosh, does your husband groan when he sees you with more "stuff"? (Mine would!) :)

Blessings,

Gina

luvmy4sons said...

I think you had entirely WAY too much fun! LOL! Just kidding. What a great time you all had!

Michelle said...

As much as I love thrift shopping and my girlfriends, this just looked like so much fun! I'm glad you got to spend time with them.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon that looks like it was great fun!! I didn't know there was a Goodwill Guy...not at my GW anyway...LOL!!
Hugs,
Robin

Branderella said...

This looks like a blast! You have an award on my blog =D

Brenda said...

How blessed you are to have such sweet and fun friends.so glad you had a great time. I would love to have a trip like that.

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... I am soooo tickled for y'all that Wheeler was found and is OK! Nothing like some good old prayer! ~smiles~

Thanks so much for taking us along on the BAG Ladies trip! Ohhh I could tell how much fun everyone had! And, I just loved all of the sweet traditions y'all have within your group. Precious, indeed.

I appreciated your visit to my blog and the dear comment you left about the blessings I have in being a mother of an Autistic child. You made me feel so wonderful, and I certainly do thank our Father every day and every night for allowing me to be Alex's Mom... I am humbled and honored. God Bless...

~hugs~
Pearl

-Bridget said...

That looks like so much fun! What a wonderful tradition!

cherished*vintage said...

I wanna join the BAG ladies! How fun!! Great friends are such a blessing. Your candleholder is beautiful. Did you know that it was made in Germany by Waterford for Partylite? It's pretty - enjoy!
-Karoline

Cottage Contessa said...

I have said it before and I'll say it again....you are a very blessed lady Sharon, but you deserve to be because you are just the sweetest! I'm very happy that you had a fantastic time away thrifting and bonding with your friends in prayer dear friend!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Linda said...

Hi Sharon, your trip sounds like it was great. I love your traditions and seeing all your pictures. Wonderful friends,good food and shopping...just perfect. You are blessed.... being a Bag Lady is a good thing. Hugs, Linda

jennifer said...

What FUN! You are blessed Sharon!

Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...