Saturday, June 21, 2008

Getting away with the Girls!

If you have been wondering why I haven't been visiting your blogs, its because I have been gone for four days! By the time you read this, I will be on my way back home. I love this new scheduled posting that Blogger has! I was able to post on my blog every day even though I was not home! This is an annual trip that I go on with my friends from church. These are pictures from last year.
We call our group the Bag Ladies. BAG stands for Bargains At Goodwill. Our friendships started at our Women's Retreat at church and we discovered that we all love to thrift shop. We started with a couple of local shopping trips along with lunch and then one thing led to another and one of the girls had the idea to travel far away for a get away weekend. We decided to take a get away trip about six years ago and have done it every year since then! We were doing our show and tell that we always do after we go shopping all day at the thrift stores.
Just hanging out on the couch.
We always rent a house at a resort. We each are responsible for one meal. This year I am bringing a lunch.
The BAG Ladies. One of the BAG Ladies could not make it last year, but she will be with us this year!
We are taking a bunch of silly pictures. One BAG Lady gave all of us the big jeweled rings and we decided to try and look like models......how do you think we're doing???? Ha!

These women are real treasures to me. They all are such neat ladies who love the Lord and who have such great, Godly wisdom. I love our long talks that we have. We always end our trips with deep prayer for one another. We also have so much fun too! After we are done shopping and we are settled in the house we just stay there and we pretty much just eat, talk, laugh and hot tub, then eat, talk, laugh and hot tub again on these trips! I thank God for my girlfriends!

I am also so thankful that my sweet husband encourages me to go on these trips. I think he sees that they are very fruitful for me and I come home energized and revitalized! Eric and the boys will have the place to themselves and be bachelors, which they really enjoy too! I hear that the house gets super messy and they watch sports on TV, but it all gets cleaned up when I give the "I'll be home in half an hour" courtesy call!!! LOL!

I will share pictures from this year's trip some time next week. I promise I will catch up with all of you when I get home and settled.

"Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from earnest counsel." Proverbs 27:9

Love, Sharon

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh what fun! A Goodwill Getaway! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see what you came up with this year. You looked like you just had too much fun!
Michelle

Feathering My Nest said...

Hi Shar, I was wondering.....I missed you. I'm so happy you are doing this again, as you do each year. It's perfect. I've always loved that name, "Bag Ladies." It's hilarious. I know you probably had a blast and found many treasures. Can't wait to hear. Love ya, Kathi

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I hope it's been a really great trip. In the photos, you all look like you enjoy each other so much.

Blessings.

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Aw, thats nice to have Christian friends like that to get away with especially for thrifting!!!! :)
Y'all are beautiful too!!!

Hugs
Candy :)

Ruthie said...

Sounds like a wonderful support group and a special time each year. That is so neat.

Pearl said...

Hi Sharon... What a fun and uplifting post to read! I love the name BAG Ladies and what it stands for... and those Rings y'all are wearing are mighty fancy! Great photos and am looking forward to the upcoming ones from the new trip! God bless...

~hug~
Pearl

luvmy4sons said...

You gals look funny pursing your lips trying to look sexy! What a wonderful blessing to have such women in your life and a hubby who encourages it! Hope you had a wonderful time!

Penless Thoughts said...

What a wonderful gift to have a group of Christian friends and then the added joy of the yearly retreat.
Susan

yellowfarmhouse said...

I can't imagine not having my weekend away with my peeps. I always come home feeling refreshed and energized. Girlfriends have a way of doing that. Glad you have your peeps :)

Hugs - Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...