Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cameron's College Graduation Party

Tonight we are going to Cameron's college graduation! We are so very proud of our son! Because he is leaving for eight weeks on an evangelistic tour with the college a few days after he graduates, we decided to have the party a few days before he actually graduated, so we had the party last Sunday afternoon. These are the pictures from his party.

We had BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs and I bought him a big celebration cake. My sister, Kelli brought a potato salad and my mother brought a yummy jello salad. I decorated the table with some bright fun graduation decorations and put a cute picture of him in a neat graduation frame. I also laid out his scrapbook from when he graduated from high school.

We had such a great time! It was one of those family parties that was so fun and after everyone left I had that warm glowy feeling.
We invited Cameron's friends and our immediate family. God blessed us with a beautiful sunny day.

Here's a picture of Cameron and his friends looking at his scrapbook that we put together when he graduated from high school. It is so fun to look at! Lisa is holding the book and Cameron's cousin Whitney is on the right of her in the green striped shirt.
My sister Kelli and our Daddy sitting in the sun visiting and waiting for the hamburgers to get ready!
Brittany and Kenzie sitting on the rocks eating their hamburgers. All that smoke is from Eric barbecuing the hamburgers and hot dogs!
All the cousins eating and giggling together!
Another shot of everyone eating. After they were done eating, they all played "Capture the Flag".
My sister Kathi and our Daddy eating their good hamburgers! When the kids were done playing Capture the Flag, we all went to the living room and played improv games. Cameron and Desi taught us these games and they were so fun! My two sisters, Kelli and Kathi, had to go up to the front and do a little skit. They both said "we're not funny" and "we're the unfunny group", but you should have seen them.......they were SO FUNNY and both of them are great actresses and made everyone laugh so hard! I loved it!
Here's Cameron and his best friends, Desi and Lisa. They met at the Bible college and hit it off right away. They call themselves the Triad! I thought it was quite appropriate to take a picture of them showing off their Superman rings that they got off the cake. Here's a picture of me and my wonderful son (I'm so blessed to have four of them). I can't believe that my little boy is so big now and graduating from college! I am a little sentimental and sad because he will be leaving on his tour in two days and I will miss him so much, but I am also so very proud that he will be doing the Lord's work.

"All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13

Love, Sharon

17 comments:

Judy said...

It looks like everyone had a wonderful time at the party. Congratulations to Cameron's College achievement. Best wishes on the new venture in life that he is about to take.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

You are having so many milestones in your family. Congratulatins. He's a handsome young man. I think he looks a lot like you.

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Sharon, your blogs are so real that I almost feel like I was there. I too, am the not funny sister. But it is so fun to watch the rest of my family be weird and funny. What a cool family you have. Pam

Jaderocks said...

What a lovely graduation party. It is so wonderful that all of your family could be there. I'm sure you are so proud of Cameron and of all of your sons. Congratulations Cameron and have a safe trip.

Jan said...

Congratulations to Cameron!! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time at his graduation party! So much fun! He's out to do good in the world and I know you are so proud!

Jan

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sharon,

You have every right to be so proud of your sons. Congratulations to Cameron. May God guide his every step along the way.

Your party looks like it was a great hit! And the food.......... I believe I could dive right into that chocolate cake!

Blessings,
Gina

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, We are so proud of Cameron. We had so much fun at your house and meeting Desi and Lisa. Your boys and their friends are so much fun and they are so funny. Thanks for the compliment. We love you so much. Kathi

Angie said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. You have a beautiful family!

Lille meg said...

Congratulation to your son.
I am sure he is a clever young man.
Yes, you are very blessed who has 4 sons.
Have a nice day. (Or night.) Here in Norway it is late evening now.
It is bedtime soon.

Linda said...

What a happy day, everyone is having such a good time. Congratulations to Cameron on his college graduation and wishing him much success in all his future endeavors. Hugs, Linda

luvmy4sons said...

Your family is so lovely. I know what you mean exactly. I am so glad i have four sons too, and I also can't belive how big they have grown(this Friday's post covers that in fact!)Hugs to you and yours!

nannykim said...

Sharon, you look toooooooooo young in that last picture!

Ruthie said...

Looks like a wonderful party. Glad you had such a great time. I'll be praying for your son as he is on his mission trip.

I also left you a comment on your guest room - I finally thought of a name when I was awake last night.

SMiles.

Sondra said...

I know that your heart is just bursting with pride! To see your son finish college and know that he will be serving the Lord. I am so happy for you. My dad was just commenting that he wishes one of my boys would get into the ministry with him. He even tried to take Austin with him this time!
Congrats to Cameron!!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations to all your graduates! Your home inside and out is just amazing!


Love,
Kelly

TattingChic said...

Congratulations to your boy on graduating! I'm in awe of your beautiful family. What makes you so fortunate is that you realize what a wonderful thing you have in your family.

Donna Kay said...

Congratulations to Cameron - what a great accomplishment!!! I know you are a very proud MaMa...thank you for the praise report on Deena - heading over to read all about it!!!
Bless...
Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...