Monday, June 2, 2008

Cameron's Birthday Dinner

On Friday night we celebrated Cameron's 22nd birthday. We had a great evening. The whole family was there! I feel so blessed and appreciate these moments when all of our kids come home and we get to spend an evening together.
I made him a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. He blew out all his candles......I hope he gets his wish!!!
This is what we helped him get, an Apple lap top. He found it on Ebay and we gave him money towards it. He got a great deal on it and it was wonderful because UPS delivered it to our home about an hour before the party started!
Cameron filled out the birthday survey and he wanted Soy Sauce Chicken, pasta and pineapple. I also made cheesy broccoli. You can see there that he is eating on the "special plate". It was a great dinner and it was especially nice to have all of the family around the table again.
Of course, what is a family party without a little wrestling????
We put in an old movie, one of Cameron's favorites, "Return to Oz" and everyone fell asleep! Cameron ended up spending the night, so the next day we went to lunch, it was just the two of us. I pulled out my glasses to see the menu and we started laughing about them and he took a picture. This is what I look like with my "cheater" glasses on. I think I look kind of professional...........what do you think of them? I am finding that I have to wear them more and more! I have a ton of them laying around the house, in every drawer, at work, in my car and in my purse. I buy them at the dollar store!
Here's Cameron wearing them, I think he looks cute. I ordered a big hamburger and fries and he got a BLT and fries.....yumm! We went to a big church rummage sale before we went to lunch, it was his idea! We had fun! I will show my treasures tomorrow! I loved having this little bonus time with him that I didn't expect at all, thank you Lord for this time with my son!
Grayson works at the gas station right next door to the restaurant we went to, so Cameron and I ordered a sandwich "to go" for him and walked it over it to him. I think we made his day! Time to say goodbye again. There goes my son. I love him so much and am so proud of him. He has to go home and do a ton of homework, he is a little stressed about it. If you think about it, would you please say a prayer for him, he graduates from college in a week and a half and it is dead week. I called him last night and he got a lot of it done, but still has a lot to do and has a bunch of projects that are due and he has finals.

I thank God so much for this boy of mine who was born 22 years ago! We had a great birthday celebration!

"The Lord bless you and keep you." Numbers 6:24

Hugs & smiles, Sharon

21 comments:

Penless Thoughts said...

Your joy and pride is loud and clear (as it should be!). Loved all the great pictures. I replied to your e-mail and waiting to hear back from you :o)
Susan

Joyfull said...

What a great celebration! Thanks for sharing with us. We will also be in prayer for him during this stressful week. He sounds like a wonderful son (as all of your boys do). My teenage sons would love his truck!!

Michelle said...

Sharon,
You look lovely whether you have your dollar store glasses on or not....or whether you have makeup on or not...your spirit is beautiful, and it really shines through!

It looks like you had a wonderful birthday celebration and special time with your birthday boy.

Blessings to you,
Michelle

Julie said...

What a beautiful post.

My oldest turned 21 this year overseas. It was my frist birthday without her. She is on a 5 month's missions trip with YWAM. She comes home in 19 days....yes I am counting.

You have a beautiful family.

I am not sure where I found your blog....through another blog....

The music here is beautiful.

Have a blessed day,
Julie

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, I am so glad you got to have a little bit of extra time with Cameron. You are one blessed mother. There are many sons out there who would not want to spend their extra time with their mom. You have a great relationship with all your boys. They love you. I hope and pray that I am cultivating similar relationships with my kids. The birthday looks like a good time.

I'm sorry you have empty nest. I am getting bits of it now and then too. I think the real shocker for me will be when Harrison gets his licence. It's bad enough that my kids have the freedom to ride their bikes down to the market ~ what will I do when they need me less cause they can drive? Scary thought. We are both very blessed to have good children. God has answered many many prayers. I love you, Kathi

Kim said...

Where does the time go? Just next week David will finish another year of school and I can remember the first day we ever dropped a little, crying and clingy boy off at school.
It is so wonderful that the boys all love to spend time together.

Sondra said...

Happy Birthday to Cameron!!! What a great celebration you all had. I see that your dad had a birthday too. My dad's was on the 28th.
I will be putting my coffee mugs up this week and I can't wait to see yours.

luvmy4sons said...

I think he looked hilarious in your glasses. I can barely stand to listen to that song: Find your Wings...I am such a mess right now. Lots going on in my heart and in my life. I enjoy sharing yours...somehow it just helps to see a mom of four boys (like me) who has watched two fly the coop. Thank you.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad you had extra time with him, especially since you were missing your kids so much earlier this week. I said a prayer for his studies.

And that cake sounds fantastic!

Simply Heart And Home said...

What a sweetheart, your son is. (all your children really!) And your parties always have the best food. No wonder everyone is always smiling in the pictures!

Have a lovely evening!

Cottage Contessa said...

I'm so happy to hear that your handsome son had a wonderfully Happy Birthday! I will certainly keep him in my prayers for you sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Daughter of the King said...

OH another wonderful birthday celebration in your household...will you adopt me somehow???..They look so fun...I don't need presents, but would be happy to fill out a survey...
You know..when I am out Thrift shopping, I sometimes think*would Sharon buy this?*.....scary huh?
I counted..their are 11 places within a 1/2 mile radius....today I got two great pieces of clothing at Value village..only $2.00 how great is that..
Anyways..your glasses look great...and yes..it gives you more of that librarian look...need something with rhinestones if you ask me..LOL
Deby

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Sharon, I hope you don't think I am a stalker. I just love to read about you and your awesome family. You sound a lot like me. I can't get enough of my family. There is nothing more important to me. You always have the best stories and great pictures. ( and the nicest cutest boys:) Pam

Julieann said...

Happy Birthday to your son--22--woohoo--I love the glasses--I am wearing some right now as I am typing this comment:)

Julieann

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Sharon...it looks like it was a wonderful Birthday Dinner!!
Hugs,
Robin

Farm Chick Paula said...

Oh this is so sweet, Sharon... I got a lump in my throat at the picture of him walking to his truck... and I don't even have kids of my own!

TattingChic said...

What a sweet post about your son and his birthday. It looks like you have a nice relationship with him. I did say a little prayer for him to do well with his studies and pass his exams.

SweetAnnee said...

What a happy birthday
and he's so handsome!!

I love the Birthday Menu
idea..I'm gonna "borrow" it

hugs, Deena

Kelly said...

It is great when all of you can be together! And I cannot believe UPS arrived when they did, what a perfect surprise! And a great gift.....You guys both look cute in the cheater glasses, I think all of us are finding we need a set of *cheater* glasses somewhere!
Happy Birthday Cameron!

Love,
Kelly

jennifer said...

Your glasses are adorable on you.

Your son is so handsome. My brother is one year older than Cameron and a new Daddy!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Lori said...

Sharon, What a wonderful day! LOve Mother/son days too! And yep you both look cute in the glasses too! Lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...