Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bag Lady Treasures!

I'm going to apologize in advance for showing so many pictures! I just wanted to show all of you my treasures that I found at the thrift stores and garage sales when I was on my Bag Lady retreat. Above is a gorgeous vase that I found at a church rummage sale for .50 cents! It is a Pilgrim Cranberry piece and it retails for around $45.00! Woooweee! And I only paid .50 cents......score!!! I love it!
I found this vintage picture at the same sale for .25 cents. I love the old graphics and I love the poem about "Mother".
When I got home I took it out of the plastic to really look at it and as I was admiring it I found a pleasant surprise..............
It felt really thick and felt like the back was coming off. I looked a little closer and realized there was another picture behind it!
Isn't it cute! I love it! I like the bird picture better than the first one! What a neat little blessing! I will frame them both and put them in either the guest room or in our new office.
I found a few great books. I have been wanting to tighten up my food budget and I've been wanting to find a book on budget meals and I found this one, "Good Food on a Budget! It was only .50 cents. I thumbed through it and it has some really great ideas. I also found a wonderful decorating book from Country Living. It was $4.00, but I think it was worth it, it has so many great ideas and beautiful pictures. I also found a neat old Home Ec book, which I collect, and two wonderful vintage children's books. The "Recitations For Boys and Girls" book is so adorable. It is full of poems, readings and plays for children.
I try to find a new cute mug every year while I'm with the Bag Ladies to use sort of as a memory. I can use every week and remember my wonderful time with my friends. I paid .50 cents.
I found another gold tray for the top of my dresser in my bedroom for $2.99. It is solid brass and it holds my perfumes.
I found a lovely framed needlepoint in a pretty rose pattern. This will go on the wall in my office. I paid $1.99 for this. It is hard to believe that I only paid a couple of bucks for somethng that took someone hours to make. It is great to find the deals, but kind of sad that our society doesn't value it.
I was thrilled to find this roll of gingham fabric. It is made by Waverly and is very good quality. I paid $3.00 for it! I am going to cover the top of the hope chest at the foot of the bed. Eric made me the chest a long time ago and it needs to be recovered. This will be perfect!!!
Here is a really fat chair cushion that I found at a thrift shop for $2.00. The funny thing is, it is the same Waverly fabric that I showed above! It is perfect for my sewing chair. My little sock monkey enjoys it too!!! :0)
I just couldn't resist this cute little goat made from an old red and white quilt. I found him at the same thrift store. He was marked $4.00 and I thought that was too much, so asked if they would mark it down. She said, "How about $2.00?" I said, "I'll take it!"
I found the above little pitcher at a church sale! It is made by Hall's. I only paid a quarter because it has a crack in the back. I thought awe, what the heck, it is only a quarter and it will be great in the red and white guest room.
I love these two big red candle sticks. I don't know quite where I will put them yet, but somewhere in the guest room. They coordinate with everything in that room perfectly! These were .50 cents each. I think I might add some old crystal hangy doodles on them to add a vintage flare to them.
These little precious red shoes are one of my favorite finds! Aren't they just the cutest! I just couldn't resist them! They were .99 cents! I think this proves that all shoes that are red are simply adorable!!!
I tucked some dried hydrangeas in them and put them on the bedside table in the guest room. I think they look adorable!
Soooo precious!
I also found two country 4th of July decorations. They are carved out of wood and I think they will be really cute in my holiday displays. I'll be showing my 4th of July decorations soon. I paid $1.00 each for them.
I am saving the best for last! I spotted this bag at one of the last shops we went to. I said "oh my goodness, what is in this bag!". I noticed the "redwork" right away. If you are not familiar with that term, it is simply white items stitched with red stitching. You usually see redwork in pillows. I do not own any redwork, but have always admired it and I did the "treasure dive" when I saw it! I pulled it down to look at it and was so surprised to find...........
It is bedding for a crib! It is a complete set with a darling little bed skirt. It has pictures embroidered all around the edges with things that represent morning time like a bath, a clock and a bowl of cereal.
It has wonderful bumper pads that have more of the little stitched pictures all around it with red and white gingham fabric on the inside.
There also is a beautiful baby quilt! Isn't it just adorable! It has the little stitched pictures all over the top of it with the gingham fabric on the back. I just love it! It is made by Pottery Barn Kids. I snatched it up so fast you wouldn't believe it! I know I have no babies in my life right now, but some day I am praying and hoping for grandchildren and I want to have a grand baby room. This set will be perfect. It was marked $20.00 which was a great deal, but I decided to ask her if she would go lower and she said, "How about $12.00?". Oh my goodness....she didn't have to ask twice! I will put it in my storage for now and someday will be thrilled to use it!

I hope you enjoyed my pictures of the treasures I found on my girls weekend!

"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him." Exodus 15:2


Have a happy day!

~ Sharon

30 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

All I can say is WOW! You have some wonderful treasures and for next to nothing! :) I love all the red and white!

Michelle said...

WOW - you sure found some beautiful things and how wonderful you got them so inexpensively!

Have a great week, Sharon!

Jan said...

Oh Sharon, you had such a wonderful trip! You are so blessed to have such great friends and what a fabulous idea...to get away and thrift for a few days! Fun!
Your treasures are just perfect in every way! I love those little red shoes!
Thanks for sharing your finds with us!

Jan

REAL ME said...

OOOOOOhhh!! What great finds. I looooovvvveee that crib set!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh!! Each one keeps getting better and better, oh and the shoes, the bedding, they are just perfect, all your finds were great and fantastic deals!!! Keep the pictures coming!!!! Have a geat day! Oh take a pic of Baily's haircut!!

Love,
Kelly

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Love the grandbaby room idea and with this baby bedding...will be awesome for sure!!! :)

Becky K. said...

I am swooning over the vase!!!

Love it. That baby quilt is so sweet, too.

Becky K.

Kelley said...

Wow! A wonderful weekend with friends and then some incredible finds!
The baby shoes and quilt are adorable!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Can you say *SCORE?!* Wow, I love everything! And guess what? I have that exact same bird picture! :o) Right now it's in a page protector. I'd like to find a vintage frame to put it in. I think it's perfect for you because there are four birds & you have four children! Sooooo sweet!

Thanks for sharing your great finds! Thrifting is SO fun!

Hugs,
Mardell

luvmy4sons said...

You always have such a wonderful treasure grove of lovely things!

Sharon said...

Good morning Mardell! What are the odds of us having the same exact picture! That's pretty cool! I never even noticed that there were four little birds in the nest! Thank you for pointing that out! I hope you have a marvelous day!

Hugs, Shar

Rosemary said...

wow, what fun things! How could someone not keep that baby stuff? Lucky you for finding it ;)

Cottage Contessa said...

Oh my goodness Sharon, you scored bigtime sweetie! I love it all, so many pretty things! I am planning a little thrift store adventure to day too, and I hope I can do as well as you did!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Ruthie said...

Wonderful finds! I especially liked the red vase and those adorable red shoes! I would never have thought of putting flowers in them - a great idea.
Hugs.

Linda said...

Oh, Sharon you did find wonderful treasures....love everything, especially the vintage Mother pictures and those sweet red shoes. You really found such cool things. Hugs, Linda

Shelley said...

Some wonderful finds indeed! I love everything....the baby bed set is just adorable.
Thanks for sharing and no need to apologize for the pictures,it was so much fun seeing all of them...

Blessings,Shelley

Michelle said...

Everything is just adorable! No apology needed for showing so many pictures. I loved seeing everything, and I am so jealous of all your goodies! That quitl if adorable.
Michelle

Sondra said...

Oh, I love that crib set! And those red candle stick. Well, shoot- I love it all. Great finds :)

Daughter of the King said...

oh that was fun, seeing your treasures, I always love that about your blog.
Oh that was so cute how you put the hydrangeas in the shoes..don't think anyone would have thought to do that.
The REDWORK, beautiful, simple beautiful. I am work on my 2nd Redwork Tea-towel right now...
So simple but so lovely...
Great Job Sharon.
Deby
still a tad envious, in a none sinful way of course.

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo - I miss our trips to Salem. We must go again ! And, please do tell where the stores are in Bend you go to ! Next time I go visit Greg I'll have to make some stops :) Thanks for Sharin' your treasures.
Jill
www.jillsibbald.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sharon!! You know how to find the best things. My favorites are the cranberry vase and the lil red shoes. I love the dried flowers in them. Have a great Tuesday evening. I love you, Kathi (it is me, Kathi) It says i have to be anonymous. I'm too tired to figure out why tonight.

Tammy said...

Those are some wonderful comments, Sharon!
I love things like this!
I collect old books (or I use to, but still have the collection!) and everything else you found is just wonderful! I love those little red shoes...and the crib set is SO precious!
What super prices....that is exciting! :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

WOW Sharon you got some great finds there!! Like you, I am attracted to red...those baby shoes are adorable!!
Hugs,
Robin

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

So many finds. I love the red vase and the needlepoint rose and the goat and the shoes. Just so many things!

Penless Thoughts said...

Great finds!!! Love all the red.
Susan

SweetAnnee said...

What a fun outing and you found lots of treasures!!
Smiles, Deena

Judy said...

I'm trying to catch up on all the blogs I visit. Wow did you ever find some wonderful things. I enjoyed seeing them all.

adsgram said...

Sharon...I once had a dear elderly friend who made lovely baby quilts. I had only one teenage son who didn't have a girlfriend, and I surely wasn't ready to be a Grammie, but I knew I wanted to be someday. I had Kathleen make one for me to put away for the future! Well, I now have TWO grandchildren and wish I had gotten two quilts- sadly Kathleen passed away before I got another but Adam, the 7 yr. old, loves his quilt still. Your PB redwork set will be well used and loved, I am sure. Your Bag Lady trip looked like great fun!

Lynne

Jan Parrish said...

What a beautiful vase. Have you ever shopped on eBay? Probably better deals at yard sales though.

Pearl said...

OK... where does a girl go to sign up to join the BAG Ladies Club?! Sharon, I absolutely adored everything that you found on your Treasure Hunt! And the DEALS you got ~ Ohhhh My! I especially liked the two graphics + poems about Mother's... simply beautiful and I cannot wait to see how you frame them! I hope you'll share a photo of that ~fingers crossed~ Those lil red girlie shoes are beyond precious! How clever of you to tuck some hydrangea blooms in them. When I got to the pics of the Red-Work set you found, I thought of how sweet those lil red shoes would look displayed with the crib bedding! And, my other favorite goodie that you found was the lil goat! My son, Alex, loves goats, so that made me smile and think of him... have you named your goat?!

I'm so happy for you, Sharon, that you were able to share that time with your sweet girl~friends, and that you were able to bring home such awesome treasures to spark wonderful memories of your trip for years to come. God bless...

~hugs~
Pearl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...