Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin!

Real quickly, I would like to thank all of you who left such sweet comments yesterday about empty nest. Your comments were such an encouragement to me. Sometimes it is just nice to know you are not alone when you are going through something. I feel so much better today, I think it has passed for now! Thank you for your prayers and sweet words of concern. You all mean so much to me and I will be getting back to you later today.

We pulled into the cabin's driveway at about 8:00 Friday night. This is what it looked like. Can you imagine our excitement as we drove up to this cozy place?
I just thought I would share a few pictures of the inside of the cabin before we get it too messy. This is the dining area.
Above is the living room area. Here is one of the bedrooms. Don't they have it decorated cute?
Above is the master bedroom with a king bed. This room did not have any heat though! The first night I was a little cold, but the second night I found a bunch of extra blankets and we slept great!

What is camping (cabining :0) without a bunch of junk food?
Mackenzie and Brittany ready to start the weekend.
Here are the boys and Brittany in the hot tub on the first night. Cameron wasn't there yet, he came up on Saturday afternoon.
Hayden relaxing on Saturday morning.
Kenzie and Brittany doing dishes. He looks happy doesn't he!!!
Eric enjoying the good life......a lazy boy, a TV, a remote and on vacation with his family.
Hayden shooting his sling shot.
This is the thing I love to do. Have my daily devotions with a cup of coffee looking out at the beautiful view.
I love to read God's word all the time, but especially when I am surrounded by all the beautiful nature.
Brittany and me. Isn't she a beautiful girl!! She is beautiful inside and out, everything Mackenzie has been praying for, everything I have been praying for! No fair, I'm not wearing make-up! I didn't wear make-up all weekend!
Eric being silly and posing for a picture as he prepares the BBQ for dinner.
Kenzie and Brittany visiting with Eric while he's cooking. Mackenzie made the fire. He kept that fire going all weekend. That is such a cool portable fire pit, it's on wheels! I think we will be looking at those for Eric for Father's Day!
Yea! Cameron's here! I am so thankful that God protected him as he drove up alone on Saturday. It warms my heart so much to have all my kids with me!
And here's Bailey. She was having a blast. She got so dirty. She is learning how to play in water and retrieve sticks we throw in the water.

We all had such a great time. I took way too many pictures, so I will share more tomorrow.


"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8-9


Blessings, Sharon

23 comments:

Michelle said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun! I'm so glad y'all had such a good time together...how wonderful!

Jan said...

Sharon, you are truly blessed with a wonderful family! It looks like you all had a grand time! What a great place!
Hey! I'm looking at the portable fire pits for my husband for Father's Day!! I'm pretty sure that's what he'll be getting! Shhhhh! Don't tell! LOL!

Jan

BittersweetPunkin said...

Sharon..thanks so much for sharing your weekend with us! It looks like such a wonderful time spent with your family!!

Did you get my packages yet?
Hugs,
Robin

luvmy4sons said...

You have such a beautiful family. What a remendous blessing to get all together like that. I only hope that my sons will want to do so after some of them have fled the nest...You seem to drink it all in too...awesome! Thanks for sharing your lovely family. I might need the address of this lovely cabin for future reference! LOL!

Jaderocks said...

What an amazing cabin and spectacular views. It is decorated so rustic and cute. It is so wonderful that your family spent the weekend at this special place. It sure looked like everyone was having a great time.
Roxy

Penless Thoughts said...

What a beautiful site and lovely fun times!!

Hate to keep bugging you but you haven't picked up the latest Invitation!!! Please do so.
Susan

Linda said...

Hi Sharon...what a great weekend you had! This is a beautiful place....I love the hot tub surrounded by nature, especially the night picture. Hugs, Linda

p.s. I think both you and Brittany are beautiful inside and out...L

TattingChic said...

What a fabulous time it looks like your family have. You have such a beautiful family. How blessed you are! Thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comment!

Donna Lynn said...

Hello dear Sharon,
I have missed some of your posts, I too feel the loss of my sons, Justin is just 8 min. from us but it is not the same, he comes over for dinner or a quick visit, but then he walks out the door instead of up the stairs to his room! It is weird and feels wrong, the 20yr. old is hardly ever home and that hurts too...not enough input to know if he is doing well, doesn't he need me anymore? My 16 yr. old is driving and that is even stanger, he is not needing me as much either...sigh! I will be praying for both of us with the mommy blues, it does help as time goes by but I don't think it ever really goes away all together. At least that is what my mom tells me!

Your weekend at the cabin looked like so much fun, what a blessing to win that again this year, did the school have an auction or church? Looked like everyone had a blast, even the pup!

Take care and have a wonderful rest of your week!
XXOO,
Donna Lynn

Julieann said...

Beautiful Cabin!!

Sharon, I think we all have *down* days, it is how we chose to get out of them is what makes the difference, and you my friend are an inspiration to us all!!! Your blog is one of my very favorites to go to--and when I am having an out of sorts day, I know I can come here and you will always have something quoted from the Bible, that I needed to here(((Hugs)))

Thank you!

Julieann

Feathering My Nest said...

Sharon, What a wonderful time you all had and I love that cabin. We need to ask about renting it some time. We don't have a camper or boat, so this would suit our needs. I wish we could go with you and rent a cabin nearby. Maybe in the future. It's such a cool cabin because of the location near the river and the hot tub. It's so cool.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the weekend with your family. I will keep you in my prayers that you will feel the Lord's presence during this time. I love you so much, Kathi

SweetAnnee said...

what an awesome cabin and fuN weekend..everyone looks happy

So glad you had a great weekend the weather looks marvy too.
fondly, Deena

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

Wheww...you sound better today!! (((hugs)))

We've been offered the use of a cabin in the West Virginia Mountains...after seeing these pictures we may take them up on it!☺

Simply Heart And Home said...

I am finally back from my trip to California. I'm so behind in reading everyone's entries. Your cabin trip looks wonderful. I think we need to go somewhere like that! Much more peaceful than Los Angeles!

Blessings,

Gina

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Lovely pictures :)

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

p.s
guess what the words were for the word verification for my last comment "Jesus" :) :)
How cool is that! I never had that before :)

Sondra said...

I have enjoyed all of your pictures from your cabin trip. Can't wait to see more!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I sure wish I could have been a mouse in your pocket on that fun weekend! I don't think I'd want to come home (not for awhile anyway! :o))

Love the pics & especially the one of you reading your bible. And BTW, you look maaaaaaahvelous without makeup! You-go-girl!

Hugs,
Mardell

Daughter of the King said...

oh that cabin looks like a taste of Heaven....a real getaway....
so glad you are doing better today.....
love,
Deby

Donna Kay said...

Sharon -
Looks like ya'll had a great time. The junk food was my favorite!!
You are so right - you can really appreciate God and all his glory when you are in the middle of it!!
Bless....

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Looks like a fabulous time!
Hugs, Sherry

Brandy said...

I am so glad that you guys enjoyed yourselves. We stayed in a cabin a couple of months ago and had a great time! Your family is beautiful, so much to be thankful for!

Sharon said...

Hi Mardell.....you are way too kind! It would have been fun to have you and all the blogging gals up at the cabin! Wouldn't that be a fun thing!! Wow!

Take care, Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...